Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Lions)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Just got back from Disneyland. I was surprised how many Seahawks shirts/jerseys/hats I saw people rocking. I wore my new Lynch home jersey one of the days and I had several people come up to me and excitedly say "Go Hawks!!" Pretty flippin' cool! My how times have changed.

So on to the prediction. Well my trend didn't last long. I picked the 49ers to follow my trend and got bit. So it's back to just predicting what I think will happen.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 23 - Lions 17

Aros' Fearless Record: 3-4

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Seahawks - 17
    Lions - 28
    Slick
    NET Veteran

• hawks 24
    lions-17
    largenutz
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks 26
    Lions 17
    Do you like curry? - Gareth Keenan
    DYLcurry59
    NET Starter

• Hawks 21, Lions 20.

Record so far, 5-2
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Hawks 30, Lions 17
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• 31-9 SEAHAWKS.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• If this game wasn't on the road it'd be a no-brainer but we've played better after each loss this season, so...

Hawks - 23
    Lions - 16

RTD: 1-4
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran

• Hawks-27
    Lions - 17

Wilson and the passing game get on track early and we take a big early lead. Lynch is used to grind out the game and goes off for almost 200yds.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• It's gonna be one hellava game!

Seahawks - 48

Lions - 9

Seahawks D scores 2 TD, and Special Tems gets 1 as well!
    90% Disabled Veteran
    100% Love for the USA!
    KPA
    NET Rookie

• 27-13, Seahawks win. Megatron has no TDs, Optimus Prime wins.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Detroit 30

Seahawks 10

Record to date: 1-6
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• Nothing changes

10 am roader, passing game blows, Lynch gets 100 useless yards, defense keeps it close. Meh

Lions 16
    Hawks 6

YTD. 2-5
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• 10am road games aren't nearly as big an albatross to this team anymore as some of our "stuck in a Holmgren-era time warp" veteran posters think it is, but this one isn't looking good.

Detroit's run defense is quite underrated and won't feel the need to overcommit, leaving more defenders to guard Wilson's play-action. The Lions' D-line has the talent to copy Arizona's interior-pressure plan and force Wilson to prove every inch (no pun intended) of his development since then. Without Doug Baldwin.

EDIT: Jason Jones is now doubtful for the game. Without him our own interior pressure will be sorely reduced.

I predict a quiet game from Lynch, multiple interceptions from Wilson, and Seattle's worst defeat yet. The Flynn threads re-ignite.

And something in me expects a down game from Richard Sherman this week. Don't know why. But I don't like him doing his trash-talking BEFORE the game.

SEA 13
    DET 27

Record so far: 2-5
    Last edited by MontanaHawk05 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Hawks drop a 40 burger

Hawks 42
    Lions 13
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• Anyone putting the Hawks higher than 21 points is totally crazy. I just don't see it happening. Gonna be another boring score like the Niner game. 13-7, Hawks.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

• Hawks......24.......Lions.......2 (maybe zero)
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I'm not overly concerned with the absense of Baldwin this week. It's not like he and Wilson connect like Brady and Welker. IF we run any slants, Tate can fill that role and hopefully catch the ball before he turns his head downfield.

Suh and Fairly are beasts and there won't be much of a pocket after 1.5 seconds. This don't seem to matter much as Wilson has seldom been been asked to stay in the pocket anyway. There will be a barrage of quick sideline passes that I hope are forward passes and not laterals. Wilson will do a lot of rolling to his right so hopefully Rice and Edwards will find seperation to his right so he don't try throwing across his body too much. That is my fear in this game; Wilson chased to the right, then trying to make a play back towards the middle of the field. Detroit will certainly be anticipating this.

I think we'll see more passing than usual on first down, likely to Lynch or Turbin, which hopefully leads to a day of 2nd and 5s. We can win with 2nd and 5s.

Wilson reportedly has some sort of super-human work ethic. He's had a lot of time to prep for this one and I look for him to have a 17-22 sort of game with 200 yards and 2 tds. I think Lynch and Turbin will combine for 130 yds on the ground and 1 will score.

The defense we don't even need to concern ourselves with. They will make life hell for Stafford and Johnson wion't be a factor in this game. I expect no less than 2 INTs and 4 sacks from this side of the ball and doubt Det gets more than 70 yds on the ground...230 yds total offense with 1 TD, 3 fgs.

Seahawks 27
    Lions 16
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• I predicted losses to both New England and SF but in this case I would actually be surprised if they didn't win. I think the Seahawks match up really well against Detroit, I'm not worried about this game which is weird because I usually worry about every game.

Seahawks 24
    Detroit 10
    the ditch
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• the ditch wrote:I predicted losses to both New England and SF but in this case I would actually be surprised if they didn't win. I think the Seahawks match up really well against Detroit, I'm not worried about this game which is weird because I usually worry about every game.

Seahawks 24
    Detroit 10

Like myself, you're likely experiencing the unfamilar euphoria of having a light's out defense. I couldn't be much happier with what Pete has done on this side of the ball and my gut is telling me his 1st rd pick is gonna' create some havoc this week.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Seattle - ∞
    Detroit -0
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Detroit 30

Seahawks 10

My arse. This defense has done nothing all year to show that we'll give up 30 to the Lions.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• 27-12 Hawks. Our D is too much for them to get into the endzone. Hansen is still money.

Record to date: same as the Hawks
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

• peachesenregalia wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Detroit 30

Seahawks 10

My arse. This defense has done nothing all year to show that we'll give up 30 to the Lions.

this is a good thing! look at his prognostication record! :thirishdrinkers:
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Starter

• My wife says 21-14 Hawks.

I say 23-6 hawks.
    "I don't know why anyone thinks the NFL is going to start the season with a rematch of one of the most lopsided Super Bowls of all-time.

They want a competitive game, not an ass-pounding." --- Broncos Fan
    smashmouth59
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• I'm really concerned about the 10 am Eastern Time Zone. If we take an early lead, we will probably win this game. If we are behind by half time, we will probably lose. Being a Hawks fan, I've got to be hopeful.....Hawks 20-17.
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• I have this horrible disgusting nauseating and nagging feeling that our inability to score points offensively will doom us on the road and I worry it will become obvious (again) this week.

My heart and my money are already on the line.

My head says:

20-16 LIONS
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• and i choose to think that we can only get better. we've only scatched the surface!
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Starter

• First shut out of the year.

Seattle 24
    Detroit 0

YTD Predictions 3-3
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• HawkWow wrote:I'm not overly concerned with the absense of Baldwin this week. It's not like he and Wilson connect like Brady and Welker. IF we run any slants, Tate can fill that role and hopefully catch the ball before he turns his head downfield.

Suh and Fairly are beasts and there won't be much of a pocket after 1.5 seconds. This don't seem to matter much as Wilson has seldom been been asked to stay in the pocket anyway. There will be a barrage of quick sideline passes that I hope are forward passes and not laterals. Wilson will do a lot of rolling to his right so hopefully Rice and Edwards will find seperation to his right so he don't try throwing across his body too much. That is my fear in this game; Wilson chased to the right, then trying to make a play back towards the middle of the field. Detroit will certainly be anticipating this.

I think we'll see more passing than usual on first down, likely to Lynch or Turbin, which hopefully leads to a day of 2nd and 5s. We can win with 2nd and 5s.

Wilson reportedly has some sort of super-human work ethic. He's had a lot of time to prep for this one and I look for him to have a 17-22 sort of game with 200 yards and 2 tds. I think Lynch and Turbin will combine for 130 yds on the ground and 1 will score.

The defense we don't even need to concern ourselves with. They will make life hell for Stafford and Johnson wion't be a factor in this game. I expect no less than 2 INTs and 4 sacks from this side of the ball and doubt Det gets more than 70 yds on the ground...230 yds total offense with 1 TD, 3 fgs.

Seahawks 27
    Lions 16

This works. I feel the same way about our offensive output for this game. I believe we'll put up 21 in the first half then just cruise with a couple time consuming drives courtesy of the Beast et.al. the last half and put up a couple field goals. Lions get a late TD in garbage time.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks 27
    Lions 10
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran

• Lions have backfield troubles for sure. After watching the Bears game it gave me some confidence. I think the Seahawks have this one and beat the Lions in Detroit.

Seattle 24, Detroit 13

Record to date 3-3

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

• 20-13 Hawks

1-6 to date
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• This will be a hard fought game and be MUCH tougher than a lot of people realize. The Lions were embarrassed on MNF in front of a National Audience and KNOW that their season is on the line. With the schedule that they've got coming up, Schwartz is undoubtedly going to be letting his team know that they CAN'T lose this game. The Lions are in front of their home crowd, which is a tough place to play as Ford Field is 4th in False Starts since 2005 (just 13 FS behind the CLINK).

Still, this is a Lions team that (ON PAPER) the Hawks SHOULD beat. For those interested in a detailed breakdown of the game and my reasons for saying that ...
    http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54926

I've revised my original prediction ... but again, feel very confident in predicting a Seahawks win here ...

Seahawks 17
    Lions 13
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• Hawkscanner wrote:Seahawks 17
    Lions 13

That's the score I've been thinking all week. Yeah, 10am start and Megatron and road game... but we also had 4 more days to prepare than the Lions did, and I think our team is going to want to wash away the taste of the SF game. There won't be any letdown.

On the offensive side, I think we'll still see incremental improvements from Wilson and the receivers, and the RBs will continue pounding the ball. Seattle controls the clock, keeps the Stafford-Megatron connection on the sidelines, and goes up early to take the crowd out of it a bit. That is, whatever crowd isn't focused on the World Series.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm sticking with 41-9, Hawks. Because I can.

Stay classy.
    "The problem with the internet is, that one can never trust the authenticity of a source." - Abraham Lincoln
    Hawker
    NET Rookie

• MrCarey wrote:Anyone putting the Hawks higher than 21 points is totally crazy..

I'm going for crazy on this one. I just got a strange vision that the score will be 34-17 HAWKS! I hope I am right or at least I hope we pull out a win no matter what the score is.
    The 12th Commandment:

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!
    12thMode
    NET Starter

• Hawks 20
    Lions 15
    Bleeding Silver and Blue since 1982...
    TCS
    NET Rookie

• 23-16 Lions
    scifly
    NET Practice Squad

• This seems like a game the Hawks should win, and yet...I just have this gut wrenching feeling that we will blow it. I think Detroit's offense will do just enough, and that RW3 and the passing game will settle for a couple field goals again and it all will lead to an infuriating loss.

Lions 17
    Hawks 13

Record: 1-6
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• SEA 20 - DET 13

RTD 0-0
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• 0 - 0

Game ends before it starts after Megatron and OptimusPrime enter a pregame battle and destroy the entire city of Detroit. Thus wiping away all memories of Super Bowl XL.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• Special teams redeem themselves and Leon scores on a punt return.

Hawks 24
    Lions 17
    canfan
    NET Rookie

• Lions 17
    Hawks 10

Any other week I'd give the Hawks a chance, but IMO the Lions are a desperate team at 2-4 with their season on the brink of being over, and you never bet against a desperate team.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• Stafford's due to stop sucking.

Next week.

17 - 10 Seattle (as the Lions score late, the same as they've been prone to do all season.)
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• We are just as desperate as Detroit. 0-3 in divisional games and a chance to either be 4-4 or 3-5 at the halfway mark. We MUST play a very strong game to pull this off. If Wilson does not have a big game, we're screwed.

Hawks 41
    Loins 9

My record to date: 3-4
    Go Hawks!
    GreenHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• I will go with Seahawks 16-13 over the Lions.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• GreenHawk wrote:We are just as desperate as Detroit. 0-3 in divisional games and a chance to either be 4-4 or 3-5 at the halfway mark. We MUST play a very strong game to pull this off. If Wilson does not have a big game, we're screwed.

Hawks 41
    Loins 9

My record to date: 3-4

I will bet you everything in my bank account that the Hawks will not be 3-5 at the halfway mark.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• Until they actually show me they can do it, I don't trust Seattle's offense on the road.

Seattle Seahawks 16
    Detroit Lions 17
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Seahawks 17, Lions 10. The usual defense bailing out the god awful offense.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Next

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:51 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information