Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:18 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7408
Location: CVN-68
Does not have a single touchdown catch. That's just crazy.

He's been open for a few and the QB didn't see him, and gotten close a few other times. Miller is solid, and I wish we used him more. I'd like to see him have a huge game this Sunday.

I'm beyond unimpressed with McCoy and Moore, although Moore hasn't had many looks. Where the heck has McCoy been since his TD catch against the Cowpukes?? TE - along with WR - needs serious attention this off-season.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:22 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:16 pm
Posts: 1072
Location: Deer Valley/Phoenix
I loved when we signed Miller and am PISSED that we are not using him as we should.

I hope he doesn't fall prey to the Law of Diminished Returns.

_________________
It was a catch.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:40 am 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21136
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
That is because he is an offensive lineman now.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:53 am 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
Posts: 4630
Location: Puyallup, WA USA
Darrell Bevell will not use the TE's like the NE Pats do. That is his style of play and I do not see him making greater use of the TE's in the passing game. BTW...I hope that he proves me wrong this Sunday.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:59 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 6:14 am
Posts: 848
2nd most catches on the team behind Rice....oh dear god that is crazy.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:02 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7408
Location: CVN-68
iigakusei wrote:
2nd most catches on the team behind Rice....oh dear god that is crazy.


Posting Seahawks receiving stats as some kind of evidence is comical. They suck across the board.

He has 14 catches through 7 games, a whopping average of two per game.

As stated, he is not being utilized correctly.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:05 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:02 am
Posts: 755
Bigpumpkin wrote:
Darrell Bevell will not use the TE's like the NE Pats do. That is his style of play and I do not see him making greater use of the TE's in the passing game. BTW...I hope that he proves me wrong this Sunday.

not true. Bevell used Shiancoe quite a bit in Minnesota


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:05 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 pm
Posts: 771
Bigpumpkin wrote:
Darrell Bevell will not use the TE's like the NE Pats do. That is his style of play and I do not see him making greater use of the TE's in the passing game. BTW...I hope that he proves me wrong this Sunday.



Thats not entirely true , Shaincoe had really solid years while playing for the Vikings under Bevell


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:06 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 1363
SeaMeat wrote:
I loved when we signed Miller and am PISSED that we are not using him as we should.

I hope he doesn't fall prey to the Law of Diminished Returns.


The Law of Dimished returns states that in all productive processes, adding more of one factor of production, while holding all others constant, will at some point yield lower per-unit returns. For example, if you have one piece of really good pizza- the 2nd piece won't taste quite as good.

I'm not sure how this fits in with Miller- we haven't had a good piece of pizza yet, because we fail to utilize him as nothing more than a blocker.

_________________
Image

"We all we got, we all we need"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:08 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:41 am
Posts: 522
We all knew this would happen. He's a lineman now. If he's on your fantasy team, and I'm assuming that is why you might care about him so much, drop him. He won't he catching a lot of passes anytime soon. If he can block better, I'd be okay with him sticking around. I'd like to see us use more TE routes but until our O line can protect a rookie QB better, he's a blocker. Get used to it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:11 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7408
Location: CVN-68
FargoHawk wrote:
Bigpumpkin wrote:
Darrell Bevell will not use the TE's like the NE Pats do. That is his style of play and I do not see him making greater use of the TE's in the passing game. BTW...I hope that he proves me wrong this Sunday.

not true. Bevell used Shiancoe quite a bit in Minnesota


Shiancoe also didn't have to stay in to block all the time - he had a big-boy offensive line that didn't need the help.

It's a different thing here...

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:43 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2471
I really wish we could have kept Winslow.....he seemed like a perfect compliment to Miller. A long athletic TE that could beat LB's in zone coverage.

Now other teams don't have to respect our TE threat because Miller's in to help block on most offensive plays because Moore and McCoy aren't consistent enough to warrant attention.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:52 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7862
When's the last time we ran a short pass play to the TE from a play action? Holmgren days?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:12 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:27 pm
Posts: 1877
Location: Bay Area, CA
He is not utilized correctly. He should be utilized closer to the way Dallas utilize Jason Witten.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:52 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 2455
Location: Battle Ground, Wa
He is the victim of 2 quarterbacks one of whom could not make a second read and one who can't (yet). Hopefully when Russ digests more of the playbook it will improve and hopefully the OLine improves as well. I feel bad for the guy actually.

_________________
http://personal-spectrum.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:53 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7408
Location: CVN-68
Much like Rice, he needs many more targets. I remember maybe one pass thrown his way against SF - although he was kept in to help block most of the time.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:57 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:16 pm
Posts: 1072
Location: Deer Valley/Phoenix
lukerguy wrote:
SeaMeat wrote:
I loved when we signed Miller and am PISSED that we are not using him as we should.

I hope he doesn't fall prey to the Law of Diminished Returns.


The Law of Dimished returns states that in all productive processes, adding more of one factor of production, while holding all others constant, will at some point yield lower per-unit returns. For example, if you have one piece of really good pizza- the 2nd piece won't taste quite as good.

I'm not sure how this fits in with Miller- we haven't had a good piece of pizza yet, because we fail to utilize him as nothing more than a blocker.


Correct, and as he is used more as a blocking TE his catching abilities will diminish.

_________________
It was a catch.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:57 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 6:14 am
Posts: 848
FlyingGreg wrote:
iigakusei wrote:
2nd most catches on the team behind Rice....oh dear god that is crazy.


Posting Seahawks receiving stats as some kind of evidence is comical. They suck across the board.

He has 14 catches through 7 games, a whopping average of two per game.

As stated, he is not being utilized correctly.


I was surprised when I looked it up...I would have guessed he was 4th or 5th.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:58 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7408
Location: CVN-68
iigakusei wrote:
FlyingGreg wrote:
iigakusei wrote:
2nd most catches on the team behind Rice....oh dear god that is crazy.


Posting Seahawks receiving stats as some kind of evidence is comical. They suck across the board.

He has 14 catches through 7 games, a whopping average of two per game.

As stated, he is not being utilized correctly.


I was surprised when I looked it up...I would have guessed he was 4th or 5th.


He is on pace to catch a few more than last season...still like to see a lot more.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:58 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:09 pm
Posts: 836
Location: Puyallup, WA
It's a shame. I think this team has more offensive weapons than ability to use them for whatever reasons at this point.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:17 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Posts: 4272
Chip block then let go...requires a quick out by the QB. Maybe a roll out where the TE just holds his block a moment then let's go. Would be nice if we actually ran basic plays to the TE. You know, TE 101 type stuff. Is it too much to ask for from Bevell and Wilson?

_________________
Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:35 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:52 pm
Posts: 1337
Largent80 wrote:
That is because he is an offensive lineman now.


This is so true it's become comical to me. Why the team ever decided to bring him in just to be a blocking TE is just ridiculous. He is far too valuable to be wasted in this manner.

What this team really needs to do is find an exclusive blocking TE who would be that extra O-Lineman and have Miller be the second TE who runs passing routes predominately.
There has to be plenty of these type of blocking TE's out there for the team to find. They are not in that much demand.

If we can't find one then make Sweazy into a blocking TE for this year to help our right tackle. Is that so hard to figure out for Cable and PC?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:50 pm 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21136
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
kf3339 wrote:
Largent80 wrote:
That is because he is an offensive lineman now.


This is so true it's become comical to me. Why the team ever decided to bring him in just to be a blocking TE is just ridiculous. He is far too valuable to be wasted in this manner.

What this team really needs to do is find an exclusive blocking TE who would be that extra O-Lineman and have Miller be the second TE who runs passing routes predominately.
There has to be plenty of these type of blocking TE's out there for the team to find. They are not in that much demand.

If we can't find one then make Sweazy into a blocking TE for this year to help our right tackle. Is that so hard to figure out for Cable and PC?


Exactly. he was a pro bowl pass catching TE, and here he is just a body on the line. This is a huge problem I have with people that say our O-Line is ok or even good. They ARE NOT.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:36 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 7:35 am
Posts: 471
SeaMeat wrote:
lukerguy wrote:
SeaMeat wrote:
I loved when we signed Miller and am PISSED that we are not using him as we should.

I hope he doesn't fall prey to the Law of Diminished Returns.


The Law of Dimished returns states that in all productive processes, adding more of one factor of production, while holding all others constant, will at some point yield lower per-unit returns. For example, if you have one piece of really good pizza- the 2nd piece won't taste quite as good.

I'm not sure how this fits in with Miller- we haven't had a good piece of pizza yet, because we fail to utilize him as nothing more than a blocker.


Correct, and as he is used more as a blocking TE his catching abilities will diminish.



i'm not so sure his catching abilities would diminish(you know, the once you learn to ride a bicycle syndome). mayge his opportunities.... but that will evolve. :179422:

_________________
I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:41 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm
Posts: 1840
We only pass in the low 20's in an entire game. Divide it up over 5-6 and a 50% completion rate and 2-3 is all that can be expected. Miller is a really valuable player blocks and catches well. He is not utilized enough , nor is Rice.

Until they decide to pass more ( which i don't see happening soon)that will continue to be the case


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:28 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:13 pm
Posts: 3302
Location: Seattle
With Baldwin down for the count I think we may see an increased amount of plays that actually involve our TE's in the game. Wilson is going to need all the help he can get.

_________________
Image

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:05 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am
Posts: 2299
They will have to let him go next year. There is no way to justify his salary at that level of production, crappy scheme or not.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:19 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2471
Largent80 wrote:
. This is a huge problem I have with people that say our O-Line is ok or even good. They ARE NOT.


They are a good RUN blocking O-Line, and the stats prove that. But I can't understand why that doesn't equate to at least a decent pass blocking line.......especially for a unit that's now been together a year, so the communication should be good.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:20 am 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11210
It's been well-documented that Zach Miller's run-blocking is a big part of the line's success. That's a big part of what Pete is paying him for.

We naturally disagree because Miller is eligible to catch passes and we're looking in every nook and cranny to find ways to boost the passing game, but hey, Pete has built the entire offense around the run game. Take it up with him.

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: After 22 games with the Seahawks, Zach Miller...
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:22 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7408
Location: CVN-68
Bump...a positive!

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.