Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Lions)

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
27-12 Hawks. Our D is too much for them to get into the endzone. Hansen is still money.

Record to date: same as the Hawks

zhawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":51w1yw2z said:
theENGLISHseahawk":51w1yw2z said:
Detroit 30

Seahawks 10

Record to date: 1-6

My arse. This defense has done nothing all year to show that we'll give up 30 to the Lions.

this is a good thing! look at his prognostication record! :thirishdrinkers:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I'm really concerned about the 10 am Eastern Time Zone. If we take an early lead, we will probably win this game. If we are behind by half time, we will probably lose. Being a Hawks fan, I've got to be hopeful.....Hawks 20-17.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I have this horrible disgusting nauseating and nagging feeling that our inability to score points offensively will doom us on the road and I worry it will become obvious (again) this week.

My heart and my money are already on the line.

My head says:

20-16 LIONS

zhawk

Reaction score
and i choose to think that we can only get better. we've only scatched the surface!

SonicHawk

Reaction score
First shut out of the year.

Seattle 24
Detroit 0

YTD Predictions 3-3

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
HawkWow":12aei0kz said:
I'm not overly concerned with the absense of Baldwin this week. It's not like he and Wilson connect like Brady and Welker. IF we run any slants, Tate can fill that role and hopefully catch the ball before he turns his head downfield.

Suh and Fairly are beasts and there won't be much of a pocket after 1.5 seconds. This don't seem to matter much as Wilson has seldom been been asked to stay in the pocket anyway. There will be a barrage of quick sideline passes that I hope are forward passes and not laterals. Wilson will do a lot of rolling to his right so hopefully Rice and Edwards will find seperation to his right so he don't try throwing across his body too much. That is my fear in this game; Wilson chased to the right, then trying to make a play back towards the middle of the field. Detroit will certainly be anticipating this.

I think we'll see more passing than usual on first down, likely to Lynch or Turbin, which hopefully leads to a day of 2nd and 5s. We can win with 2nd and 5s.

Wilson reportedly has some sort of super-human work ethic. He's had a lot of time to prep for this one and I look for him to have a 17-22 sort of game with 200 yards and 2 tds. I think Lynch and Turbin will combine for 130 yds on the ground and 1 will score.

The defense we don't even need to concern ourselves with. They will make life hell for Stafford and Johnson wion't be a factor in this game. I expect no less than 2 INTs and 4 sacks from this side of the ball and doubt Det gets more than 70 yds on the ground...230 yds total offense with 1 TD, 3 fgs.

Seahawks 27
Lions 16

This works. I feel the same way about our offensive output for this game. I believe we'll put up 21 in the first half then just cruise with a couple time consuming drives courtesy of the Beast et.al. the last half and put up a couple field goals. Lions get a late TD in garbage time.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Lions have backfield troubles for sure. After watching the Bears game it gave me some confidence. I think the Seahawks have this one and beat the Lions in Detroit.

Seattle 24, Detroit 13

Record to date 3-3

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
This will be a hard fought game and be MUCH tougher than a lot of people realize. The Lions were embarrassed on MNF in front of a National Audience and KNOW that their season is on the line. With the schedule that they've got coming up, Schwartz is undoubtedly going to be letting his team know that they CAN'T lose this game. The Lions are in front of their home crowd, which is a tough place to play as Ford Field is 4th in False Starts since 2005 (just 13 FS behind the CLINK).

Still, this is a Lions team that (ON PAPER) the Hawks SHOULD beat. For those interested in a detailed breakdown of the game and my reasons for saying that ...
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54926

I've revised my original prediction ... but again, feel very confident in predicting a Seahawks win here ...

Seahawks 17
Lions 13

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":19kdrykq said:
Seahawks 17
Lions 13

That's the score I've been thinking all week. Yeah, 10am start and Megatron and road game... but we also had 4 more days to prepare than the Lions did, and I think our team is going to want to wash away the taste of the SF game. There won't be any letdown.

On the offensive side, I think we'll still see incremental improvements from Wilson and the receivers, and the RBs will continue pounding the ball. Seattle controls the clock, keeps the Stafford-Megatron connection on the sidelines, and goes up early to take the crowd out of it a bit. That is, whatever crowd isn't focused on the World Series.

12thMode

Reaction score
MrCarey":163c123h said:
Anyone putting the Hawks higher than 21 points is totally crazy..

I'm going for crazy on this one. I just got a strange vision that the score will be 34-17 HAWKS! I hope I am right or at least I hope we pull out a win no matter what the score is.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
This seems like a game the Hawks should win, and yet...I just have this gut wrenching feeling that we will blow it. I think Detroit's offense will do just enough, and that RW3 and the passing game will settle for a couple field goals again and it all will lead to an infuriating loss.

Lions 17
Hawks 13

Record: 1-6