Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Lions)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just got back from Disneyland. I was surprised how many Seahawks shirts/jerseys/hats I saw people rocking. I wore my new Lynch home jersey one of the days and I had several people come up to me and excitedly say "Go Hawks!!" Pretty flippin' cool! My how times have changed.

So on to the prediction. Well my trend didn't last long. I picked the 49ers to follow my trend and got bit. So it's back to just predicting what I think will happen.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 23 - Lions 17

Aros' Fearless Record: 3-4

Shane Falco

Reaction score
If this game wasn't on the road it'd be a no-brainer but we've played better after each loss this season, so...

Hawks - 23
Lions - 16

RTD: 1-4

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Hawks-27
Lions - 17

Wilson and the passing game get on track early and we take a big early lead. Lynch is used to grind out the game and goes off for almost 200yds.

KPA

Reaction score
It's gonna be one hellava game!

Seahawks - 48

Lions - 9

Seahawks D scores 2 TD, and Special Tems gets 1 as well!

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Nothing changes

10 am roader, passing game blows, Lynch gets 100 useless yards, defense keeps it close. Meh

Lions 16
Hawks 6

YTD. 2-5

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
10am road games aren't nearly as big an albatross to this team anymore as some of our "stuck in a Holmgren-era time warp" veteran posters think it is, but this one isn't looking good.

Detroit's run defense is quite underrated and won't feel the need to overcommit, leaving more defenders to guard Wilson's play-action. The Lions' D-line has the talent to copy Arizona's interior-pressure plan and force Wilson to prove every inch (no pun intended) of his development since then. Without Doug Baldwin.

EDIT: Jason Jones is now doubtful for the game. Without him our own interior pressure will be sorely reduced.

I predict a quiet game from Lynch, multiple interceptions from Wilson, and Seattle's worst defeat yet. The Flynn threads re-ignite.

And something in me expects a down game from Richard Sherman this week. Don't know why. But I don't like him doing his trash-talking BEFORE the game.

SEA 13
DET 27

Record so far: 2-5

MrCarey

Reaction score
Anyone putting the Hawks higher than 21 points is totally crazy. I just don't see it happening. Gonna be another boring score like the Niner game. 13-7, Hawks.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'm not overly concerned with the absense of Baldwin this week. It's not like he and Wilson connect like Brady and Welker. IF we run any slants, Tate can fill that role and hopefully catch the ball before he turns his head downfield.

Suh and Fairly are beasts and there won't be much of a pocket after 1.5 seconds. This don't seem to matter much as Wilson has seldom been been asked to stay in the pocket anyway. There will be a barrage of quick sideline passes that I hope are forward passes and not laterals. Wilson will do a lot of rolling to his right so hopefully Rice and Edwards will find seperation to his right so he don't try throwing across his body too much. That is my fear in this game; Wilson chased to the right, then trying to make a play back towards the middle of the field. Detroit will certainly be anticipating this.

I think we'll see more passing than usual on first down, likely to Lynch or Turbin, which hopefully leads to a day of 2nd and 5s. We can win with 2nd and 5s.

Wilson reportedly has some sort of super-human work ethic. He's had a lot of time to prep for this one and I look for him to have a 17-22 sort of game with 200 yards and 2 tds. I think Lynch and Turbin will combine for 130 yds on the ground and 1 will score.

The defense we don't even need to concern ourselves with. They will make life hell for Stafford and Johnson wion't be a factor in this game. I expect no less than 2 INTs and 4 sacks from this side of the ball and doubt Det gets more than 70 yds on the ground...230 yds total offense with 1 TD, 3 fgs.

Seahawks 27
Lions 16

the ditch

Reaction score
I predicted losses to both New England and SF but in this case I would actually be surprised if they didn't win. I think the Seahawks match up really well against Detroit, I'm not worried about this game which is weird because I usually worry about every game.

Seahawks 24
Detroit 10

HawkWow

Reaction score
the ditch":3tlzl2yw said:
I predicted losses to both New England and SF but in this case I would actually be surprised if they didn't win. I think the Seahawks match up really well against Detroit, I'm not worried about this game which is weird because I usually worry about every game.

Seahawks 24
Detroit 10

Like myself, you're likely experiencing the unfamilar euphoria of having a light's out defense. I couldn't be much happier with what Pete has done on this side of the ball and my gut is telling me his 1st rd pick is gonna' create some havoc this week.