Surprisingly Good Article on DangerRuss

mikeak

Reaction score
I like it and also the assesment that he is part of the problem in 2 / 3 losses and attributing the SF loss to:

"The loss to San Francisco was a combination of great defense and failure of receivers to catch passes in the open. "

RufusPorter

Reaction score
:thirishdrinkers:

Great link Spectre, thanks!

I loved this quote:

Wilson leads the NFL in scoring passes that travel at least 20 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

Dude can gun the football!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Nothing in there that hasn't been expounded time and again on this very forum.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Very well-written article. Thanks for sharing.

Not sure why, but I was surprised with the shower of compliments from Golden Tate. Didn't expect that.

Russell's pocket presense does need to improve, but that'll all come together with experience.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
That stat of leading the league with TD passes longer than twenty yards has me a little worried. To most it has been pretty obvious we have struggled on the short middle of the field and most of Wilson's attempts at crossing patterns has seen the ball thrown late and not leading the receiver. The problem I see is the Matt Stafford effect
Teams are dropping their safeties deep and taking away Stafford's deep threat. Forcing Stafford to beat them underneath and so far he has struggled to do so. If teams apply that same theory to us Wilson will be forced to improve on his short game and so far that is his biggest weakness.

Hopefully he can meet the challenge but I fully expect this to happen and it will be IMO his biggest test and the deciding factor of whether he can play at this level.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RichNhansom":iy8qiwtc said:
Teams are dropping their safeties deep and taking away Stafford's deep threat. Forcing Stafford to beat them underneath and so far he has struggled to do so. If teams apply that same theory to us Wilson will be forced to improve on his short game and so far that is his biggest weakness.

Stafford and Wilson are both dealing with the same issue.......their primary receiver is being taken away by defenses, and their other receivers aren't stepping up.

At least the Hawks have a good run attack, the Lions don't........so defenses are making them one dimensional. I look for this trend to continue Sunday with the Hawks D. Cover the hell out of Megatron and force Stafford into mistakes.

Hawkfeathers

Reaction score
Spectre":1uyvr5co said:
Yeah, it's from bleacher report, but I think it's a well done article. It doesn't praise him as the second coming yet, but it doesn't bash him and say he won't pan out.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1382 ... eason-mark

Darin Pike is a writer for Bleacher Report's Breaking News Team and a Featured Columnist covering the NFL and Seattle Seahawks. What else did you expect from a blogger trying to curry favor from Carroll?