Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:07 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 1120
Location: The Rain Forest
"If any fans are hoping for Carroll to pull the trigger and replace Wilson with veteran backup Matt Flynn, they shouldn’t hold their breath.

Unless Wilson suffers an injury, he will remain the starting quarterback. Carroll and the Seahawks don’t think his smallish stature is affecting his play, and they believe the 5-foot-11 signal caller can be the long-term answer at quarterback."

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/10/2 ... ookie.html


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:16 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:12 pm
Posts: 253
Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...

_________________
Go SeaHawks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:28 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7701
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
SeaChase wrote:
Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...


I wonder how many fans will be secretly disappointed if we finish with a winning record and a playoff spot under Wilson. :|

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:32 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:45 pm
Posts: 368
volsunghawk wrote:
SeaChase wrote:
Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...


I wonder how many fans will be secretly disappointed if we finish with a winning record and a playoff spot under Wilson. :|


Many of the same people who figured Clipboad Janitor was the solution... it's human nature many to have a grass is greener philosophy I guess.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:38 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:05 am
Posts: 1559
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Everybody loves the back up quarterback who hasn't played a game for the team yet. I remember when people were seriously calling for Teel to start.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:43 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 701
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Danny Darko wrote:
volsunghawk wrote:
SeaChase wrote:
Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...


I wonder how many fans will be secretly disappointed if we finish with a winning record and a playoff spot under Wilson. :|


Many of the same people who figured Clipboad Janitor was the solution... it's human nature many to have a grass is greener philosophy I guess.



That was a funny time when everyone was calling for CBJ to come in and save the day. Stick with RW the rest of the season and if he keeps on getting better than we have our QB of the future and trade Flynn to give him a shot elsewhere as I think he is a good QB also.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:16 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am
Posts: 2736
SeaChase wrote:
Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...


I know. He's only built a top ranked D from scratch and beaten the Pats, Packers, Panthers Cowboys this year. Not to mention currently having a winning record. Oh, no blowouts and we have been in every game.

Total loser. Doesn't know anything about football. Bring back Ruskell. That guy knew what he was doing. :sarcasm_off:

_________________
Give me some damn skittles...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:38 am 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 11158
Location: Antioch, CA
I can't stand the people who would rather be right than see the Seahawks win games.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:52 am 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am
Posts: 372
Location: Tacoma, WA
Why are people so against Wilson? The kid is playing pretty good so far

And he's just a rookie, he's going to get much better


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:02 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 8:30 pm
Posts: 387
volsunghawk wrote:
SeaChase wrote:
Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...


I wonder how many fans will be secretly disappointed if we finish with a winning record and a playoff spot under Wilson. :|


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:02 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:22 am
Posts: 212
Shaz wrote:
Why are people so against Wilson? The kid is playing pretty good so far

And he's just a rookie, he's going to get much better


HawkFan has it right. People would rather be right than see their team win games and be successful. I actually hesitate to call those people 'fans', but whatever

_________________
"If I were Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Flynn, I'd be leery of this kid because if you give him a chance, if you give him a chance and look past his 5 foot 11 or 5-10 and a half or whatever it is, if you give this kid a legitimate chance to win the job, he'll win it" - John Gruden


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:28 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 2443
Location: Battle Ground, Wa
So anyone who thinks Flynn was a better play to start the year secretly hopes we lose now? Do we secretly hope for an injury also? WOW just wow !

_________________
http://personal-spectrum.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:38 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7407
Location: CVN-68
This is beyond tiresome. The team is sticking with Wilson. I wish everyone could just embrace that.

Wilson is a ROOKIE...and I have no idea why everyone expects 133.7 rating games each and every week.

We have played a brutal first half schedule and Wilson has had to play some damn good defenses (Cardinals, Rams, Packers, Pats, 49ers). We have a chance to be 5-3 after this weekend with a favorable schedule in the second half. Wilson has been limited and we throw the ball less than any other team in the league. He's also shown his potential.

We have been in every game and the margin of error is slim. Do you want to go back to the Mora team that got smoked every time we took the field?

Wilson didn't get called for the penalty that negated a 50+ yard pass to Golden Tate that was a thing of beauty against Carolina. Wilson cannot do anything about Tate's incredibly hot and cold ways. Wilson can't help keep Doug Baldwin on the field. Wilson doesn't call the plays that only feature throws to our #1 WR twice in an entire game. Wilson did not drop 5 passes against the 49ers that could have seriously influenced the final outcome.

Are there problems? Sure. But they are much more than just the rookie QB. I'd personally love to see what Wilson could do with a more talented WR pool.

Through it all, Wilson has remained even keel.

I just don't know what some fans really want here...

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:54 am 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
Posts: 7221
Location: Eastern Washington
edogg23 wrote:
volsunghawk wrote:
SeaChase wrote:
Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...

I wonder how many fans will be secretly disappointed if we finish with a winning record and a playoff spot under Wilson. :
I'm pretty sure SeaChase was joking, and didn't use a sarcasm sign because he didn't think it was necessary.

That's how I read it, anyway.

_________________
49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:12 am 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
BlueTalon wrote:
volsunghawk wrote:
SeaChase wrote:
Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...

I wonder how many fans will be secretly disappointed if we finish with a winning record and a playoff spot under Wilson. :|

I'm pretty sure SeaChase was joking, and didn't use a sarcasm sign because he didn't think it was necessary.

That's how I read it, anyway.


SeaChase has been very anti-Wilson to this point, so it'd take some explanation on his part for us to pick up on the sarcasm. Most people are likely to default to Volsung's position. (I had the same reaction, incidentally.)

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:30 am 
NET Veteran
Online

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm
Posts: 3175
volsunghawk wrote:
SeaChase wrote:
Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...


I wonder how many fans will be secretly disappointed if we finish with a winning record and a playoff spot under Wilson. :|

Real Seahawks fans? = ZERO

BUT, we should ALL be happy that Flynn beat out Jackson for the backup role.
I also remember last Season when a LOT of folks were content with the idea of having Jackson as the backup, as they were unhappy with him being the starter, and now that he's not even on the roster, we should all be thankful that we do have things sewed up in that department, eh?
PS I think it's time to call off the witch hunt, and concern ourselves with other matters ,as some here have already beaten this dead horse to smithereens :141847_bnono:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:55 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 1022
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
I'm just going to ahead and say it since a few are dancing around what they really want to say.



:sarcasm_on: no wait... :sarcasm_off: ...

_________________
posted by
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:58 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm
Posts: 2267
HawkFan72 wrote:
I can't stand the people who would rather be right than see the Seahawks win games.


agreed. I just want them to win, I don't care who is playing. I would really like to see the offense get it together and score consistently 20 points. I think we can with the last half of the season ahead of us.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:03 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm
Posts: 2267
FlyingGreg wrote:
This is beyond tiresome. The team is sticking with Wilson. I wish everyone could just embrace that.

Wilson is a ROOKIE...and I have no idea why everyone expects 133.7 rating games each and every week.

We have played a brutal first half schedule and Wilson has had to play some damn good defenses (Cardinals, Rams, Packers, Pats, 49ers). We have a chance to be 5-3 after this weekend with a favorable schedule in the second half. Wilson has been limited and we throw the ball less than any other team in the league. He's also shown his potential.

We have been in every game and the margin of error is slim. Do you want to go back to the Mora team that got smoked every time we took the field?

Wilson didn't get called for the penalty that negated a 50+ yard pass to Golden Tate that was a thing of beauty against Carolina. Wilson cannot do anything about Tate's incredibly hot and cold ways. Wilson can't help keep Doug Baldwin on the field. Wilson doesn't call the plays that only feature throws to our #1 WR twice in an entire game. Wilson did not drop 5 passes against the 49ers that could have seriously influenced the final outcome.

Are there problems? Sure. But they are much more than just the rookie QB. I'd personally love to see what Wilson could do with a more talented WR pool.

Through it all, Wilson has remained even keel.

I just don't know what some fans really want here...


good post, I agree. I'm excited to see how he does the remaining 9 games. I would be severely disappointed if we don't win 6 of the remaining 9 games.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:16 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7701
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
m0ng0 wrote:
So anyone who thinks Flynn was a better play to start the year secretly hopes we lose now? Do we secretly hope for an injury also? WOW just wow !


Never said that, man. But SeaChase has been vehemently anti-Wilson the entire season, and I do wonder what his reaction would be in that scenario.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:56 pm 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10137
Location: Vancouver, WA
jlwaters1 wrote:
FlyingGreg wrote:
This is beyond tiresome. The team is sticking with Wilson. I wish everyone could just embrace that.

Wilson is a ROOKIE...and I have no idea why everyone expects 133.7 rating games each and every week.

We have played a brutal first half schedule and Wilson has had to play some damn good defenses (Cardinals, Rams, Packers, Pats, 49ers). We have a chance to be 5-3 after this weekend with a favorable schedule in the second half. Wilson has been limited and we throw the ball less than any other team in the league. He's also shown his potential.

We have been in every game and the margin of error is slim. Do you want to go back to the Mora team that got smoked every time we took the field?

Wilson didn't get called for the penalty that negated a 50+ yard pass to Golden Tate that was a thing of beauty against Carolina. Wilson cannot do anything about Tate's incredibly hot and cold ways. Wilson can't help keep Doug Baldwin on the field. Wilson doesn't call the plays that only feature throws to our #1 WR twice in an entire game. Wilson did not drop 5 passes against the 49ers that could have seriously influenced the final outcome.

Are there problems? Sure. But they are much more than just the rookie QB. I'd personally love to see what Wilson could do with a more talented WR pool.

Through it all, Wilson has remained even keel.

I just don't know what some fans really want here...


good post, I agree. I'm excited to see how he does the remaining 9 games. I would be severely disappointed if we don't win 6 of the remaining 9 games.

I'll chime in with 'great post Greg' too. I think there's problems with the pass pro holding Russ back some too, not just the WR corps. And yes, he's missed open guys as well. He's a rookie and he's learning. When there are issues in one area like we see in the passing game, it's rarely only one thing that is the root of all the problems. That is by far the biggest reason I get so weary hearing that Flynn will turn it all around, or at least the insinuation that would be the case. Um......no.

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:02 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:12 pm
Posts: 253
m0ng0 wrote:
So anyone who thinks Flynn was a better play to start the year secretly hopes we lose now? Do we secretly hope for an injury also? WOW just wow !


Im a fan regardless of who's playing QB..

_________________
Go SeaHawks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am
Posts: 2227
SeaChase wrote:
m0ng0 wrote:
So anyone who thinks Flynn was a better play to start the year secretly hopes we lose now? Do we secretly hope for an injury also? WOW just wow !


Im a fan regardless of who's playing QB..


Come on guys.... everyone here is a fan, fans have different opinions. Everyone has a passion for the team and thinks different things are better for it. Accept others opinions....nothin wrong with debates.

But I heard from a wise man questioning "fan cards" is the fast route to getting in trouble here. :2:

_________________
The artist formerly known as T-Sizzle


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:09 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:12 pm
Posts: 253
volsunghawk wrote:
m0ng0 wrote:
So anyone who thinks Flynn was a better play to start the year secretly hopes we lose now? Do we secretly hope for an injury also? WOW just wow !


Never said that, man. But SeaChase has been vehemently anti-Wilson the entire season, and I do wonder what his reaction would be in that scenario.


I would like to see Flynn play, but im not secretly wishing a Wilson injury..thats screwed up.

_________________
Go SeaHawks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:11 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7701
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
SeaChase wrote:
volsunghawk wrote:
m0ng0 wrote:
So anyone who thinks Flynn was a better play to start the year secretly hopes we lose now? Do we secretly hope for an injury also? WOW just wow !


Never said that, man. But SeaChase has been vehemently anti-Wilson the entire season, and I do wonder what his reaction would be in that scenario.


I would like to see Flynn play, but im not secretly wishing a Wilson injury..thats screwed up.


I never said anything about an injury, either. And just a side note... this ain't the Shack.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:16 pm 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21056
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
SeaChase wrote:
Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...


I would rather replace YOU than Pete.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:20 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
Posts: 4627
Location: Puyallup, WA USA
Isn't it "amazing" how winning can solve a host of issues?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:27 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:12 pm
Posts: 253
Largent80 wrote:
SeaChase wrote:
Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...


I would rather replace YOU than Pete.



Really? I figured you were a Jim mora Jr guy

_________________
Go SeaHawks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:54 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:02 pm
Posts: 13
Just curious, does Pete get a pass if the team goes 7-9 or 8-8 because he's playing a rookie at QB? I live on the east coast so I don't have a finger on the pulse of the team. What are the thoughts of the local media? I know most ownerships get a little trigger happy at about three years of mediocrity.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:00 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am
Posts: 2227
BALL HAWKER wrote:
Just curious, does Pete get a pass if the team goes 7-9 or 8-8 because he's playing a rookie at QB? I live on the east coast so I don't have a finger on the pulse of the team. What are the thoughts of the local media? I know most ownerships get a little trigger happy at about three years of mediocrity.


Media and some fans will rip him unless he goes 10-6. They don't care he's playing a rookie, nobody is even judging him as a rookie around here it seems.

Ownership is patient, see's the vision, the big picture, knows where this team was and where he is going to take it.

I tend to side with the ownership big picture point of view. The goal is to build a team that comPETE's every year.... we are a few players short of being one of the top 5 teams in the league imo.

_________________
The artist formerly known as T-Sizzle


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:13 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8816
Location: Granite Falls, WA
HawkFan72 wrote:
I can't stand the people who would rather be right than see the Seahawks win games.


Who?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:20 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22602
Location: Kirkland, WA
chawx wrote:
I'm just going to ahead and say it since a few are dancing around what they really want to say.



:sarcasm_on: no wait... :sarcasm_off: ...

+1! I don't know what race/ethnicity to be racist against, though.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:26 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7847
Bigpumpkin wrote:
Isn't it "amazing" how winning can solve a host of issues?



Sure was a different forum after the Pats game...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:38 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:17 pm
Posts: 2609
Location: Oroville CA.
Largent80 wrote:
SeaChase wrote:
Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...


I would rather replace YOU than Pete.

this

I am tired of this crap i am finding it hard to visit my favorit site on line due to posts by people that are simply knee jerk. Pete needs to stay, RW needs to stay for him to develop more. Flynn wont get the job so get over it the best man won the job.

_________________
Image
"Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:38 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 2443
Location: Battle Ground, Wa
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Bigpumpkin wrote:
Isn't it "amazing" how winning can solve a host of issues?



Sure was a different forum after the Pats game...


yeah its kinda weird it seems to be different after every game.....weird :roll:

_________________
http://personal-spectrum.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:28 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7847
m0ng0 wrote:
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Bigpumpkin wrote:
Isn't it "amazing" how winning can solve a host of issues?



Sure was a different forum after the Pats game...


yeah its kinda weird it seems to be different after every game.....weird :roll:



Congrats on missing the point.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:44 pm 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21056
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
SeaChase wrote:
Largent80 wrote:
SeaChase wrote:
Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...


I would rather replace YOU than Pete.



Really? I figured you were a Jim mora Jr guy


If you are saying replace Flynn for Wilson, and saying replace Carroll?

Hope that clears it up for you.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:55 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 2443
Location: Battle Ground, Wa
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:





Congrats on missing the point.


x2 sport

_________________
http://personal-spectrum.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:15 pm 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:39 pm
Posts: 92
volsunghawk wrote:
SeaChase wrote:
Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...


I wonder how many fans will be secretly disappointed if we finish with a winning record and a playoff spot under Wilson. :|


They will be disappointed from their hospital bed after their shock siezure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:25 pm 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:39 pm
Posts: 92
Wilson has had his best games - and ( some would say) miracle wins - in the Clink. On the road, not so much. At this point, it's difficult to determine whether it's the Clink or Wilson that makes the winning difference. With our D and running game, almost any QB could hammer out a win in the Clink. It's the road wins that will push the Hawks over the top into the playoffs.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:34 pm 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:39 pm
Posts: 92
chawx wrote:
I'm just going to ahead and say it since a few are dancing around what they really want to say.

People who don't like Wilson

:sarcasm_on: no wait... :sarcasm_off: ...


You aren't saying anything when you cloak it in 'maybe sarcasm, maybe not'.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:08 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4658
Location: The 5-0
chawx wrote:
I'm just going to ahead and say it since a few are dancing around what they really want to say.

People who don't like Wilson

:sarcasm_on: no wait... :sarcasm_off: ...



Twisted, cheap, offensive nonsense.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:28 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:13 am
Posts: 655
Location: Ballard
If Wilson gets body slammed like Cutler did on that one sack last week , well Flynn could be in a series or two . Though thinking Lions fans shouldn't wish for that because of what Flynn did to them last year ... 6 td's


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:00 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am
Posts: 2227
Uffda wrote:
If Wilson gets body slammed like Cutler did on that one sack last week , well Flynn could be in a series or two . Though thinking Lions fans shouldn't wish for that because of what Flynn did to them last year ... 6 td's


Can't catch Wilson.

_________________
The artist formerly known as T-Sizzle


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:34 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7701
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
T-Sizzle wrote:
Uffda wrote:
If Wilson gets body slammed like Cutler did on that one sack last week , well Flynn could be in a series or two . Though thinking Lions fans shouldn't wish for that because of what Flynn did to them last year ... 6 td's


Can't catch Wilson.


Dude, I'm an ardent Wilson fan, but you know damn well Suh can catch just about anyone. The interior line is going to need to be on their game.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:11 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2435
volsunghawk wrote:
SeaChase wrote:
Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...


I wonder how many fans will be secretly disappointed if we finish with a winning record and a playoff spot under Wilson. :|


Lol.......give us some credit dude. Even the most staunch Flynn supporters still want the Hawks to win.

One of the problems this year is the NFC is really really tough with a lot of good teams. They're ain't no 9-7 team getting into the playoffs in 2012 in the NFC, they're might even be a 10-6 team on the outside looking in.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:15 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7701
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
Sgt. Largent wrote:
volsunghawk wrote:
SeaChase wrote:
Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...


I wonder how many fans will be secretly disappointed if we finish with a winning record and a playoff spot under Wilson. :|


Lol.......give us some credit dude. Even the most staunch Flynn supporters still want the Hawks to win.

One of the problems this year is the NFC is really really tough with a lot of good teams. They're ain't no 9-7 team getting into the playoffs in 2012 in the NFC, they're might even be a 10-6 team on the outside looking in.


Flynn supporters weren't who I was thinking of when I posted that. There are people who support Flynn, and then there are people who are anti-Wilson. I think there's a clear difference between the two, even if there is sometimes some overlap.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:24 am 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:30 pm
Posts: 1872
Location: Lynnwood, WA
I'm confused as to why Carroll thinks our Super Bowl window is only 3-4 years with this young of a team? What the hell does that mean? Only thing I can ponder is that he thinks our windo will close due to salary limitations?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:39 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2435
Fox0r wrote:
I'm confused as to why Carroll thinks our Super Bowl window is only 3-4 years with this young of a team? What the hell does that mean? Only thing I can ponder is that he thinks our windo will close due to salary limitations?


The NFL is probably the most volatile league when it comes to player turnover. So even a young team can't rely on being good for 5-10 years, what with injuries, salary cap and key players aging.

How long is Lynch going to last? Dude's 26, which is approaching old man age for a RB, especially backs that run like he does. Is our O-Line going to remain healthy? Are we going to be able to keep ALL of our great defensive players? Yeah it's great to have this kind of production out of 3rd, 4th and 5th round draft picks........but eventually those Pro Bowl type players are going to want to get paid.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:18 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:32 am
Posts: 1444
Location: Victoria BC
SeaChase wrote:
Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...

Maybe your should find another team to be a fan of

_________________
Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.