With baldwin out

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
With baldwin out
Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:05 pm
  • I expect the seahawks offense to be sluggish again this weekend. What Ive noticed is that Baldwin seems to be key to Wilson getting into a rhythm. Take the pats game for example. Our only hope is that the coaches somehow get zach miller involved. We need a go to receiver in the middle of the field and with baldwin out we dont have that.
    gocougs789
    NET Starter

Re: With baldwin out
Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:08 pm
  • I like Baldwin . Someone else needs to emerge this weekend and show the coaches what they can do.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:08 pm
  • Miller getting involved in our offense? That is a good one. He's too busy baby sitting Giacomini, besides Bevel (and Carroll) seem to have something against TEs.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:10 pm
  • gocougs789 wrote:I expect the seahawks offense to be sluggish again this weekend.

Baldwin has been invisible pretty much the whole season, and the offense has been sluggish pretty much the whole season, so this wouldn't be a surprise.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:22 pm
  • No Baldwin = more Obo not good for me. I know there are not big trades but who would not take 2- 3rd rounders for brandon marshal right now. A 6'5 ball hawker opposite of rice gives options for Wilson. Let's make a trade for Bowe and make a run THIS year.
    GO HAWKS
    425HawkSpark
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:53 am
  • Charly Martin will have more plays.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:30 am
  • It seems most QB's in the league have 1 or 2 go to guys depending
    on how many yards they need. RW hasn't seemed to get into a rythem
    with any of the receivers. There has been some big play opertunities
    w/ Tate, and a few connections w/ rice, and I think even 1 obo. Actually
    I'm surprised they haven't looked to secure at least 1 receiver to be a
    potential #1 target. I mean u would think 1 of those receivers would take
    a little extra time and work w/ RW to get some kind of chemistry. It is surely
    missing.
    bingotown
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:00 am
  • They will feed Rice this week. His frustration last game after only seeing one ball thrown his way will not go unnoiced. Marker my words Rice will have a big day Sunday.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:24 am
  • RichNhansom wrote:They will feed Rice this week. His frustration last game after only seeing one ball thrown his way will not go unnoiced. Marker my words Rice will have a big day Sunday.

Pete said he was pissed about a missed penalty call against him that play.....it wasn't about him not getting the ball. He's been targeted over 20% of Russells throws....how much higher do you want to go?
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:30 am
  • that's what was said to the media, if you look at the play, he was wide open and virtually untouched the whole play, he was pissed wilson didn't see him, well more fustrated than pissed...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:47 am
  • Good passing teams have more than one threat at WR and we don't.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:12 am
  • Yes, one target all game is 20% of his throws. Let's ignore that Pete has a motivation to squash this or that Rice never so much as looked at an official but instead went and got right into Wilson's ear.

I know your love blurs your view but come on. You can actually make some kind of attempt to not completely ignore anything that doesn't help your opinion.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:07 am
  • Uffda wrote:Charly Martin will have more plays.

This should scare you.

The inability of Tate and Edwards to beat one on one coverage and catch balls consistently is one of the main reasons this passing offense can't do anything for long stretches of the game.

Key to beating the Hawks: Play Cover 2 with two people under and over the top on Rice, and put eight men in the box and force Wilson to throw outside to Tate or Edwards. Watch Tate and Edwards get smothered, rinse repeat.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:29 am
  • Sucks that Baldwin's out but it means Rice will get targeted more, and he's not let us down so far this season. Martin looked solid in pre-season, and although he doesn't have the quickness of Baldwin, or get the separation, his hands seemed reliable, although we thought that of Tate until last week, who I'm sure will make amends with at least one big-time play on Sunday.

Would love to see Miller more involved again, though I guess that depends on how Breno handles the heat.
    SomersetHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:49 am
  • SomersetHawk wrote:
    Would love to see Miller more involved again, though I guess that depends on how Breno handles the heat.

Considering the strength of Detroit's defense is their D-Line, my guess is Miller's going to be kept in to block 80% of the time, maybe even more if the line's struggling.

The Lion's are 2-4, but that doesn't mean the matchups favor us, so I'm a little worried about this game.

- Wilson stinks on the road
    - Detroit's D-Line vs. our poor pass protection
    - Detroit's weakness is defensive backfield, can our poor passing offensive exploit that?
    - Can we quit committing stupid penalties on the road to stall drives?

This is definitely a winnable game, every game is with our defense. But holy crap offense, step the hell up and score some damn points.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:16 pm
  • sign Deon he's a good slot guy, know the offense and is quick.
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:27 pm
  • Uffda wrote:Charly Martin will have more plays.

Exactly. I really like this kid and am looking forward to seeing more of what he brings. Poor man's Jurevicius (sp?) and I think he'll make some great strides this year if he can stay healthy.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:39 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uffda wrote:Charly Martin will have more plays.

This should scare you.

The inability of Tate and Edwards to beat one on one coverage and catch balls consistently is one of the main reasons this passing offense can't do anything for long stretches of the game.

Key to beating the Hawks: Play Cover 2 with two people under and over the top on Rice, and put eight men in the box and force Wilson to throw outside to Tate or Edwards. Watch Tate and Edwards get smothered, rinse repeat.

Dude, up to the niner game Tate was money catching the ball. Grow up and stop saying he can't catch the ball. He wasn't the only one in that game. Support him, because he is on this team. He will rebound.

It's also about play selection and offensive line inconsistency in pass blocking.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:35 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uffda wrote:Charly Martin will have more plays.

This should scare you.

Dude, up to the niner game Tate was money catching the ball. Grow up and stop saying he can't catch the ball.

Even if he does, there's still his inability to beat coverage and get open.

Rice and Baldwin are the only hints that this coaching staff has any idea what makes an NFL receiver. This is the one area in which I'm very skeptical of them.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:50 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:

Even if he does, there's still his inability to beat coverage and get open.

really, so the brilliant pass from Wilson to him, where he had clear separation slipped your nugget?

Thank Giacomini for his boneheaded penalty to wipe it off the map.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:57 pm
  • This FO spent the last couple years creating one of the two best defenses this city has ever seen. Now that they have accomplished this they will focus on offense. To assume they don't know what a good WR is is silly. Give it time.
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    BigMeach
    NET Starter

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:52 pm
  • bingotown wrote:It seems most QB's in the league have 1 or 2 go to guys depending
    on how many yards they need. RW hasn't seemed to get into a rythem
    with any of the receivers. There has been some big play opertunities
    w/ Tate, and a few connections w/ rice, and I think even 1 obo. Actually
    I'm surprised they haven't looked to secure at least 1 receiver to be a
    potential #1 target. I mean u would think 1 of those receivers would take
    a little extra time and work w/ RW to get some kind of chemistry. It is surely
    missing.

Only tough thing about whitleing it down to just one go to guy on a simi-regular basis, is that the Defenses will dial in on that tendency, and force you to get away from your outlet Receiver.
    Now, if you have a Receiver like Steve Largent , you know that sooner or later, he WILL get open, and there isn't anything the opposition can do to game plan against it.
    Sadly, we don't have a Receiver that can juke a defender right out of his shoes like Largent did,,,Tate was doing a pretty good job early on this Season, but something soured there, and for some reason, he no longer seems to be as effective.
    Wilson is at his best when he has multiple Receivers CATCHING the ball, so, it's going to take all of those guys to step up.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:12 am
  • Guessing Martin will run the slant route inside cover abit welker-like .

He and RW seemed to have good rapport in the preseason, I thought.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:05 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information