With baldwin out

gocougs789

Reaction score
I expect the seahawks offense to be sluggish again this weekend. What Ive noticed is that Baldwin seems to be key to Wilson getting into a rhythm. Take the pats game for example. Our only hope is that the coaches somehow get zach miller involved. We need a go to receiver in the middle of the field and with baldwin out we dont have that.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I like Baldwin . Someone else needs to emerge this weekend and show the coaches what they can do.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Miller getting involved in our offense? That is a good one. He's too busy baby sitting Giacomini, besides Bevel (and Carroll) seem to have something against TEs.

Rat

Reaction score
gocougs789":2u7kzlua said:
I expect the seahawks offense to be sluggish again this weekend.
Baldwin has been invisible pretty much the whole season, and the offense has been sluggish pretty much the whole season, so this wouldn't be a surprise.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
No Baldwin = more Obo not good for me. I know there are not big trades but who would not take 2- 3rd rounders for brandon marshal right now. A 6'5 ball hawker opposite of rice gives options for Wilson. Let's make a trade for Bowe and make a run THIS year.

bingotown

Reaction score
It seems most QB's in the league have 1 or 2 go to guys depending
on how many yards they need. RW hasn't seemed to get into a rythem
with any of the receivers. There has been some big play opertunities
w/ Tate, and a few connections w/ rice, and I think even 1 obo. Actually
I'm surprised they haven't looked to secure at least 1 receiver to be a
potential #1 target. I mean u would think 1 of those receivers would take
a little extra time and work w/ RW to get some kind of chemistry. It is surely
missing.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
They will feed Rice this week. His frustration last game after only seeing one ball thrown his way will not go unnoiced. Marker my words Rice will have a big day Sunday.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3gxmxbxd said:
They will feed Rice this week. His frustration last game after only seeing one ball thrown his way will not go unnoiced. Marker my words Rice will have a big day Sunday.

Pete said he was pissed about a missed penalty call against him that play.....it wasn't about him not getting the ball. He's been targeted over 20% of Russells throws....how much higher do you want to go?

hawker84

Reaction score
that's what was said to the media, if you look at the play, he was wide open and virtually untouched the whole play, he was pissed wilson didn't see him, well more fustrated than pissed...

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Yes, one target all game is 20% of his throws. Let's ignore that Pete has a motivation to squash this or that Rice never so much as looked at an official but instead went and got right into Wilson's ear.

I know your love blurs your view but come on. You can actually make some kind of attempt to not completely ignore anything that doesn't help your opinion.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uffda":1hwhviv3 said:
Charly Martin will have more plays.

This should scare you.

The inability of Tate and Edwards to beat one on one coverage and catch balls consistently is one of the main reasons this passing offense can't do anything for long stretches of the game.

Key to beating the Hawks: Play Cover 2 with two people under and over the top on Rice, and put eight men in the box and force Wilson to throw outside to Tate or Edwards. Watch Tate and Edwards get smothered, rinse repeat.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Sucks that Baldwin's out but it means Rice will get targeted more, and he's not let us down so far this season. Martin looked solid in pre-season, and although he doesn't have the quickness of Baldwin, or get the separation, his hands seemed reliable, although we thought that of Tate until last week, who I'm sure will make amends with at least one big-time play on Sunday.

Would love to see Miller more involved again, though I guess that depends on how Breno handles the heat.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":cpcjpels said:
Would love to see Miller more involved again, though I guess that depends on how Breno handles the heat.

Considering the strength of Detroit's defense is their D-Line, my guess is Miller's going to be kept in to block 80% of the time, maybe even more if the line's struggling.

The Lion's are 2-4, but that doesn't mean the matchups favor us, so I'm a little worried about this game.

- Wilson stinks on the road
- Detroit's D-Line vs. our poor pass protection
- Detroit's weakness is defensive backfield, can our poor passing offensive exploit that?
- Can we quit committing stupid penalties on the road to stall drives?

This is definitely a winnable game, every game is with our defense. But holy crap offense, step the hell up and score some damn points.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
sign Deon he's a good slot guy, know the offense and is quick.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Uffda":21xbpgv7 said:

Exactly. I really like this kid and am looking forward to seeing more of what he brings. Poor man's Jurevicius (sp?) and I think he'll make some great strides this year if he can stay healthy.

Largent80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":qfmomfdk said:
Uffda":qfmomfdk said:

This should scare you.

The inability of Tate and Edwards to beat one on one coverage and catch balls consistently is one of the main reasons this passing offense can't do anything for long stretches of the game.

Key to beating the Hawks: Play Cover 2 with two people under and over the top on Rice, and put eight men in the box and force Wilson to throw outside to Tate or Edwards. Watch Tate and Edwards get smothered, rinse repeat.
Dude, up to the niner game Tate was money catching the ball. Grow up and stop saying he can't catch the ball. He wasn't the only one in that game. Support him, because he is on this team. He will rebound.

It's also about play selection and offensive line inconsistency in pass blocking.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Largent80":1w78s51q said:
Sgt. Largent":1w78s51q said:
Uffda":1w78s51q said:

This should scare you.

Dude, up to the niner game Tate was money catching the ball. Grow up and stop saying he can't catch the ball.

Even if he does, there's still his inability to beat coverage and get open.

Rice and Baldwin are the only hints that this coaching staff has any idea what makes an NFL receiver. This is the one area in which I'm very skeptical of them.

Largent80

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":pvz7k9ei said:
Even if he does, there's still his inability to beat coverage and get open.

really, so the brilliant pass from Wilson to him, where he had clear separation slipped your nugget?

Thank Giacomini for his boneheaded penalty to wipe it off the map.