Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
jlwaters1":y59105wj said:
FlyingGreg":y59105wj said:
This is beyond tiresome. The team is sticking with Wilson. I wish everyone could just embrace that.

Wilson is a ROOKIE...and I have no idea why everyone expects 133.7 rating games each and every week.

We have played a brutal first half schedule and Wilson has had to play some damn good defenses (Cardinals, Rams, Packers, Pats, 49ers). We have a chance to be 5-3 after this weekend with a favorable schedule in the second half. Wilson has been limited and we throw the ball less than any other team in the league. He's also shown his potential.

We have been in every game and the margin of error is slim. Do you want to go back to the Mora team that got smoked every time we took the field?

Wilson didn't get called for the penalty that negated a 50+ yard pass to Golden Tate that was a thing of beauty against Carolina. Wilson cannot do anything about Tate's incredibly hot and cold ways. Wilson can't help keep Doug Baldwin on the field. Wilson doesn't call the plays that only feature throws to our #1 WR twice in an entire game. Wilson did not drop 5 passes against the 49ers that could have seriously influenced the final outcome.

Are there problems? Sure. But they are much more than just the rookie QB. I'd personally love to see what Wilson could do with a more talented WR pool.

Through it all, Wilson has remained even keel.

I just don't know what some fans really want here...

good post, I agree. I'm excited to see how he does the remaining 9 games. I would be severely disappointed if we don't win 6 of the remaining 9 games.
I'll chime in with 'great post Greg' too. I think there's problems with the pass pro holding Russ back some too, not just the WR corps. And yes, he's missed open guys as well. He's a rookie and he's learning. When there are issues in one area like we see in the passing game, it's rarely only one thing that is the root of all the problems. That is by far the biggest reason I get so weary hearing that Flynn will turn it all around, or at least the insinuation that would be the case. Um......no.

SeaChase

Reaction score
m0ng0":23x2by43 said:
So anyone who thinks Flynn was a better play to start the year secretly hopes we lose now? Do we secretly hope for an injury also? WOW just wow !

Im a fan regardless of who's playing QB..

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SeaChase":1e9g24a0 said:
m0ng0":1e9g24a0 said:
So anyone who thinks Flynn was a better play to start the year secretly hopes we lose now? Do we secretly hope for an injury also? WOW just wow !

Im a fan regardless of who's playing QB..

Come on guys.... everyone here is a fan, fans have different opinions. Everyone has a passion for the team and thinks different things are better for it. Accept others opinions....nothin wrong with debates.

But I heard from a wise man questioning "fan cards" is the fast route to getting in trouble here. :2:

SeaChase

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2976szen said:
m0ng0":2976szen said:

Never said that, man. But SeaChase has been vehemently anti-Wilson the entire season, and I do wonder what his reaction would be in that scenario.

I would like to see Flynn play, but im not secretly wishing a Wilson injury..thats screwed up.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
SeaChase":jeh447g1 said:
volsunghawk":jeh447g1 said:
m0ng0":jeh447g1 said:

Never said that, man. But SeaChase has been vehemently anti-Wilson the entire season, and I do wonder what his reaction would be in that scenario.

I would like to see Flynn play, but im not secretly wishing a Wilson injury..thats screwed up.

I never said anything about an injury, either. And just a side note... this ain't the Shack.

BALL HAWKER

Reaction score
Just curious, does Pete get a pass if the team goes 7-9 or 8-8 because he's playing a rookie at QB? I live on the east coast so I don't have a finger on the pulse of the team. What are the thoughts of the local media? I know most ownerships get a little trigger happy at about three years of mediocrity.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
BALL HAWKER":nx6lhxqf said:
Just curious, does Pete get a pass if the team goes 7-9 or 8-8 because he's playing a rookie at QB? I live on the east coast so I don't have a finger on the pulse of the team. What are the thoughts of the local media? I know most ownerships get a little trigger happy at about three years of mediocrity.

Media and some fans will rip him unless he goes 10-6. They don't care he's playing a rookie, nobody is even judging him as a rookie around here it seems.

Ownership is patient, see's the vision, the big picture, knows where this team was and where he is going to take it.

I tend to side with the ownership big picture point of view. The goal is to build a team that comPETE's every year.... we are a few players short of being one of the top 5 teams in the league imo.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chawx":eycby9tu said:
I'm just going to ahead and say it since a few are dancing around what they really want to say.

:sarcasm_on: no wait... :sarcasm_off: ...
+1! I don't know what race/ethnicity to be racist against, though.

suppaball

Reaction score
Largent80":1lqdea7u said:
SeaChase":1lqdea7u said:
Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...

I would rather replace YOU than Pete.
this

I am tired of this crap i am finding it hard to visit my favorit site on line due to posts by people that are simply knee jerk. Pete needs to stay, RW needs to stay for him to develop more. Flynn wont get the job so get over it the best man won the job.

m0ng0

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3g2uuh3i said:
Bigpumpkin":3g2uuh3i said:
Isn't it "amazing" how winning can solve a host of issues?

Sure was a different forum after the Pats game...

yeah its kinda weird it seems to be different after every game.....weird :roll:

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
m0ng0":3rcw1s2q said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3rcw1s2q said:
Bigpumpkin":3rcw1s2q said:
Isn't it "amazing" how winning can solve a host of issues?

Sure was a different forum after the Pats game...

yeah its kinda weird it seems to be different after every game.....weird :roll:

Congrats on missing the point.

Largent80

Reaction score
SeaChase":64enmcco said:
Largent80":64enmcco said:
SeaChase":64enmcco said:

I would rather replace YOU than Pete.

Really? I figured you were a Jim mora Jr guy

If you are saying replace Flynn for Wilson, and saying replace Carroll?

Hope that clears it up for you.

Hawkfeathers

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2h8ab136 said:
SeaChase":2h8ab136 said:

I wonder how many fans will be secretly disappointed if we finish with a winning record and a playoff spot under Wilson. :|

They will be disappointed from their hospital bed after their shock siezure.

Hawkfeathers

Reaction score
Wilson has had his best games - and ( some would say) miracle wins - in the Clink. On the road, not so much. At this point, it's difficult to determine whether it's the Clink or Wilson that makes the winning difference. With our D and running game, almost any QB could hammer out a win in the Clink. It's the road wins that will push the Hawks over the top into the playoffs.