Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:07 am
  • "If any fans are hoping for Carroll to pull the trigger and replace Wilson with veteran backup Matt Flynn, they shouldn’t hold their breath.

Unless Wilson suffers an injury, he will remain the starting quarterback. Carroll and the Seahawks don’t think his smallish stature is affecting his play, and they believe the 5-foot-11 signal caller can be the long-term answer at quarterback."

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/10/2 ... ookie.html
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

• Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...
    Go SeaHawks
    SeaChase
    NET Starter

• SeaChase wrote:Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...

I wonder how many fans will be secretly disappointed if we finish with a winning record and a playoff spot under Wilson. :|

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• volsunghawk wrote:
    SeaChase wrote:Maybe Pete should be replaced instead...

I wonder how many fans will be secretly disappointed if we finish with a winning record and a playoff spot under Wilson. :|

Many of the same people who figured Clipboad Janitor was the solution... it's human nature many to have a grass is greener philosophy I guess.
    Danny Darko
    NET Starter

• Everybody loves the back up quarterback who hasn't played a game for the team yet. I remember when people were seriously calling for Teel to start.
    the ditch
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Danny Darko wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:

Many of the same people who figured Clipboad Janitor was the solution... it's human nature many to have a grass is greener philosophy I guess.

That was a funny time when everyone was calling for CBJ to come in and save the day. Stick with RW the rest of the season and if he keeps on getting better than we have our QB of the future and trade Flynn to give him a shot elsewhere as I think he is a good QB also.
    TorontoHawk
    NET Veteran

I know. He's only built a top ranked D from scratch and beaten the Pats, Packers, Panthers Cowboys this year. Not to mention currently having a winning record. Oh, no blowouts and we have been in every game.

Total loser. Doesn't know anything about football. Bring back Ruskell. That guy knew what he was doing. :sarcasm_off:
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• I can't stand the people who would rather be right than see the Seahawks win games.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Why are people so against Wilson? The kid is playing pretty good so far

And he's just a rookie, he's going to get much better
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Re: Don't hold your breath for Flynn - EDW
Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:02 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:

edogg23
    NET Starter

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:02 am
  • Shaz wrote:Why are people so against Wilson? The kid is playing pretty good so far

And he's just a rookie, he's going to get much better

HawkFan has it right. People would rather be right than see their team win games and be successful. I actually hesitate to call those people 'fans', but whatever
    "If I were Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Flynn, I'd be leery of this kid because if you give him a chance, if you give him a chance and look past his 5 foot 11 or 5-10 and a half or whatever it is, if you give this kid a legitimate chance to win the job, he'll win it" - John Gruden
    mjwhitay
    NET Rookie

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:28 am
  • So anyone who thinks Flynn was a better play to start the year secretly hopes we lose now? Do we secretly hope for an injury also? WOW just wow !
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:38 am
  • This is beyond tiresome. The team is sticking with Wilson. I wish everyone could just embrace that.

Wilson is a ROOKIE...and I have no idea why everyone expects 133.7 rating games each and every week.

We have played a brutal first half schedule and Wilson has had to play some damn good defenses (Cardinals, Rams, Packers, Pats, 49ers). We have a chance to be 5-3 after this weekend with a favorable schedule in the second half. Wilson has been limited and we throw the ball less than any other team in the league. He's also shown his potential.

We have been in every game and the margin of error is slim. Do you want to go back to the Mora team that got smoked every time we took the field?

Wilson didn't get called for the penalty that negated a 50+ yard pass to Golden Tate that was a thing of beauty against Carolina. Wilson cannot do anything about Tate's incredibly hot and cold ways. Wilson can't help keep Doug Baldwin on the field. Wilson doesn't call the plays that only feature throws to our #1 WR twice in an entire game. Wilson did not drop 5 passes against the 49ers that could have seriously influenced the final outcome.

Are there problems? Sure. But they are much more than just the rookie QB. I'd personally love to see what Wilson could do with a more talented WR pool.

Through it all, Wilson has remained even keel.

I just don't know what some fans really want here...
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:54 am
  • edogg23 wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:

I wonder how many fans will be secretly disappointed if we finish with a winning record and a playoff spot under Wilson. :
    I'm pretty sure SeaChase was joking, and didn't use a sarcasm sign because he didn't think it was necessary.

That's how I read it, anyway.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:12 am
  • BlueTalon wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:

I'm pretty sure SeaChase was joking, and didn't use a sarcasm sign because he didn't think it was necessary.

That's how I read it, anyway.

SeaChase has been very anti-Wilson to this point, so it'd take some explanation on his part for us to pick up on the sarcasm. Most people are likely to default to Volsung's position. (I had the same reaction, incidentally.)
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:30 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:

Real Seahawks fans? = ZERO

BUT, we should ALL be happy that Flynn beat out Jackson for the backup role.
    I also remember last Season when a LOT of folks were content with the idea of having Jackson as the backup, as they were unhappy with him being the starter, and now that he's not even on the roster, we should all be thankful that we do have things sewed up in that department, eh?
    PS I think it's time to call off the witch hunt, and concern ourselves with other matters ,as some here have already beaten this dead horse to smithereens :141847_bnono:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:55 am
  • I'm just going to ahead and say it since a few are dancing around what they really want to say.

:sarcasm_on: no wait... :sarcasm_off: ...
    chawx
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:58 am
  • HawkFan72 wrote:I can't stand the people who would rather be right than see the Seahawks win games.

agreed. I just want them to win, I don't care who is playing. I would really like to see the offense get it together and score consistently 20 points. I think we can with the last half of the season ahead of us.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:03 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:This is beyond tiresome. The team is sticking with Wilson. I wish everyone could just embrace that.

Wilson is a ROOKIE...and I have no idea why everyone expects 133.7 rating games each and every week.

We have played a brutal first half schedule and Wilson has had to play some damn good defenses (Cardinals, Rams, Packers, Pats, 49ers). We have a chance to be 5-3 after this weekend with a favorable schedule in the second half. Wilson has been limited and we throw the ball less than any other team in the league. He's also shown his potential.

We have been in every game and the margin of error is slim. Do you want to go back to the Mora team that got smoked every time we took the field?

Wilson didn't get called for the penalty that negated a 50+ yard pass to Golden Tate that was a thing of beauty against Carolina. Wilson cannot do anything about Tate's incredibly hot and cold ways. Wilson can't help keep Doug Baldwin on the field. Wilson doesn't call the plays that only feature throws to our #1 WR twice in an entire game. Wilson did not drop 5 passes against the 49ers that could have seriously influenced the final outcome.

Are there problems? Sure. But they are much more than just the rookie QB. I'd personally love to see what Wilson could do with a more talented WR pool.

good post, I agree. I'm excited to see how he does the remaining 9 games. I would be severely disappointed if we don't win 6 of the remaining 9 games.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:16 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:So anyone who thinks Flynn was a better play to start the year secretly hopes we lose now? Do we secretly hope for an injury also? WOW just wow !

Never said that, man. But SeaChase has been vehemently anti-Wilson the entire season, and I do wonder what his reaction would be in that scenario.

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:56 pm
  • jlwaters1 wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:This is beyond tiresome. The team is sticking with Wilson. I wish everyone could just embrace that.

good post, I agree. I'm excited to see how he does the remaining 9 games. I would be severely disappointed if we don't win 6 of the remaining 9 games.

I'll chime in with 'great post Greg' too. I think there's problems with the pass pro holding Russ back some too, not just the WR corps. And yes, he's missed open guys as well. He's a rookie and he's learning. When there are issues in one area like we see in the passing game, it's rarely only one thing that is the root of all the problems. That is by far the biggest reason I get so weary hearing that Flynn will turn it all around, or at least the insinuation that would be the case. Um......no.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• m0ng0 wrote:So anyone who thinks Flynn was a better play to start the year secretly hopes we lose now? Do we secretly hope for an injury also? WOW just wow !

Im a fan regardless of who's playing QB..
    Go SeaHawks
    SeaChase
    NET Starter

• SeaChase wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:So anyone who thinks Flynn was a better play to start the year secretly hopes we lose now? Do we secretly hope for an injury also? WOW just wow !

Im a fan regardless of who's playing QB..

Come on guys.... everyone here is a fan, fans have different opinions. Everyone has a passion for the team and thinks different things are better for it. Accept others opinions....nothin wrong with debates.

But I heard from a wise man questioning "fan cards" is the fast route to getting in trouble here. :2:
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• volsunghawk wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:So anyone who thinks Flynn was a better play to start the year secretly hopes we lose now? Do we secretly hope for an injury also? WOW just wow !

Never said that, man. But SeaChase has been vehemently anti-Wilson the entire season, and I do wonder what his reaction would be in that scenario.

I would like to see Flynn play, but im not secretly wishing a Wilson injury..thats screwed up.
    Go SeaHawks
    SeaChase
    NET Starter

• SeaChase wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:

I would like to see Flynn play, but im not secretly wishing a Wilson injury..thats screwed up.

I never said anything about an injury, either. And just a side note... this ain't the Shack.

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

I would rather replace YOU than Pete.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Isn't it "amazing" how winning can solve a host of issues?
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Largent80 wrote:

Really? I figured you were a Jim mora Jr guy
    Go SeaHawks
    SeaChase
    NET Starter

• Just curious, does Pete get a pass if the team goes 7-9 or 8-8 because he's playing a rookie at QB? I live on the east coast so I don't have a finger on the pulse of the team. What are the thoughts of the local media? I know most ownerships get a little trigger happy at about three years of mediocrity.
    BALL HAWKER
    NET Bench Warmer

• BALL HAWKER wrote:Just curious, does Pete get a pass if the team goes 7-9 or 8-8 because he's playing a rookie at QB? I live on the east coast so I don't have a finger on the pulse of the team. What are the thoughts of the local media? I know most ownerships get a little trigger happy at about three years of mediocrity.

Media and some fans will rip him unless he goes 10-6. They don't care he's playing a rookie, nobody is even judging him as a rookie around here it seems.

Ownership is patient, see's the vision, the big picture, knows where this team was and where he is going to take it.

I tend to side with the ownership big picture point of view. The goal is to build a team that comPETE's every year.... we are a few players short of being one of the top 5 teams in the league imo.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• HawkFan72 wrote:I can't stand the people who would rather be right than see the Seahawks win games.

Who?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• chawx wrote:I'm just going to ahead and say it since a few are dancing around what they really want to say.

+1! I don't know what race/ethnicity to be racist against, though.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Bigpumpkin wrote:Isn't it "amazing" how winning can solve a host of issues?

Sure was a different forum after the Pats game...
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• Largent80 wrote:

this

I am tired of this crap i am finding it hard to visit my favorit site on line due to posts by people that are simply knee jerk. Pete needs to stay, RW needs to stay for him to develop more. Flynn wont get the job so get over it the best man won the job.
    "Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.
    suppaball
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    Bigpumpkin wrote:Isn't it "amazing" how winning can solve a host of issues?

yeah its kinda weird it seems to be different after every game.....weird :roll:
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

• m0ng0 wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    Bigpumpkin wrote:Isn't it "amazing" how winning can solve a host of issues?

yeah its kinda weird it seems to be different after every game.....weird :roll:

Congrats on missing the point.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• SeaChase wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:

Really? I figured you were a Jim mora Jr guy

If you are saying replace Flynn for Wilson, and saying replace Carroll?

Hope that clears it up for you.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• volsunghawk wrote:

They will be disappointed from their hospital bed after their shock siezure.
    Hawkfeathers
    NET Practice Squad

• Wilson has had his best games - and ( some would say) miracle wins - in the Clink. On the road, not so much. At this point, it's difficult to determine whether it's the Clink or Wilson that makes the winning difference. With our D and running game, almost any QB could hammer out a win in the Clink. It's the road wins that will push the Hawks over the top into the playoffs.
    Hawkfeathers
    NET Practice Squad

• chawx wrote:I'm just going to ahead and say it since a few are dancing around what they really want to say.

People who don't like Wilson

You aren't saying anything when you cloak it in 'maybe sarcasm, maybe not'.
    Hawkfeathers
    NET Practice Squad

People who don't like Wilson

Twisted, cheap, offensive nonsense.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• If Wilson gets body slammed like Cutler did on that one sack last week , well Flynn could be in a series or two . Though thinking Lions fans shouldn't wish for that because of what Flynn did to them last year ... 6 td's
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

• Uffda wrote:If Wilson gets body slammed like Cutler did on that one sack last week , well Flynn could be in a series or two . Though thinking Lions fans shouldn't wish for that because of what Flynn did to them last year ... 6 td's

Can't catch Wilson.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• T-Sizzle wrote:
    Uffda wrote:If Wilson gets body slammed like Cutler did on that one sack last week , well Flynn could be in a series or two . Though thinking Lions fans shouldn't wish for that because of what Flynn did to them last year ... 6 td's

Can't catch Wilson.

Dude, I'm an ardent Wilson fan, but you know damn well Suh can catch just about anyone. The interior line is going to need to be on their game.

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• volsunghawk wrote:

Lol.......give us some credit dude. Even the most staunch Flynn supporters still want the Hawks to win.

One of the problems this year is the NFC is really really tough with a lot of good teams. They're ain't no 9-7 team getting into the playoffs in 2012 in the NFC, they're might even be a 10-6 team on the outside looking in.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:

Lol.......give us some credit dude. Even the most staunch Flynn supporters still want the Hawks to win.

One of the problems this year is the NFC is really really tough with a lot of good teams. They're ain't no 9-7 team getting into the playoffs in 2012 in the NFC, they're might even be a 10-6 team on the outside looking in.

Flynn supporters weren't who I was thinking of when I posted that. There are people who support Flynn, and then there are people who are anti-Wilson. I think there's a clear difference between the two, even if there is sometimes some overlap.

volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm confused as to why Carroll thinks our Super Bowl window is only 3-4 years with this young of a team? What the hell does that mean? Only thing I can ponder is that he thinks our windo will close due to salary limitations?
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Fox0r wrote:I'm confused as to why Carroll thinks our Super Bowl window is only 3-4 years with this young of a team? What the hell does that mean? Only thing I can ponder is that he thinks our windo will close due to salary limitations?

The NFL is probably the most volatile league when it comes to player turnover. So even a young team can't rely on being good for 5-10 years, what with injuries, salary cap and key players aging.

How long is Lynch going to last? Dude's 26, which is approaching old man age for a RB, especially backs that run like he does. Is our O-Line going to remain healthy? Are we going to be able to keep ALL of our great defensive players? Yeah it's great to have this kind of production out of 3rd, 4th and 5th round draft picks........but eventually those Pro Bowl type players are going to want to get paid.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:18 pm

Maybe your should find another team to be a fan of
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Location: Victoria BC or my Galactic Stonghold on Nar Shaddaa

Next

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:09 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information