Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: I'd like to thank the Bears defense
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:55 pm 
* NET Sage *

They just gave the Seahawks a great blue print for Sunday.

Post subject: Re: I'd like to thank the Bears defense
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:59 pm 
NET Veteran

Outside of Calvin Johnson the Lions don't scare anybody, as long as we don't turn the ball over and leave our D in tough spots, next week should be a win.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:09 pm 
* NET Cynic *

Hard to get too much from divisional games. That's like saying the Lions got the blueprint to beating us from the Rams.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:15 pm 
NET Veteran

Rat wrote:
Hard to get too much from divisional games. That's like saying the Lions got the blueprint to beating us from the Rams.

That blueprint requires not scoring a touchdown on offense and having a juiced kicker.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:35 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

Nate Burleson is done for the season. Broken leg. He was quietly providing a nice alternate for Stafford. He has had some clutch catches for the Lions in their 2 wins. Would have been interesting playing against him.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54838

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:02 pm 
* Report Button *

drdiags wrote:
Nate Burleson is done for the season. Broken leg. He was quietly providing a nice alternate for Stafford. He has had some clutch catches for the Lions in their 2 wins. Would have been interesting playing against him.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=54838

That SUCKS for Nate. It makes me sick enough seeing him wearing anything OTHER than Seahawks blues anyways. This made it worse.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:18 pm 
NET Veteran

we match up well with the lions, our dbs should eat them alive and we will get pressure on that line.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:24 pm 
* Report Button *

Seeker wrote:
we match up well with the lions, our dbs should eat them alive and we will get pressure on that line.

I'm with ya on that. I also think the Hawks can break open the run game, big by the 3rd quarter.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:13 pm 
NET Veteran

Unfortunately not really...They run a cover 2 on almost every play. Everyone knows it's coming but they execute so well that it's difficult to stop. We run primarily press- man. If we abandon that and run to a cover two, I could see some issues as we're a young team who's not familiar running it.

"We all we got, we all we need"

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:47 am 
NET Veteran

Haha! if they thought Pat Tilman was hard to throw against.... We don't need a 'blueprint' for this game. Our D can handle these guys. Getting something going on O will be the issue, and I didn't see Da Bears provide any unique info. We don't have anybody with the skillset of Brandon Marshall either.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:41 am 
NET Rookie

HawKnPeppa wrote:
We don't have anybody with the skillset of Brandon Marshall either.

You can say that again! Dang that would be nice to have a guy like that in the slot.

I mean WOW is that guy big or what? Is it just me or has he gotten even bigger and quicker than he was in Denver?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:28 am 
NET Veteran

The Giants gave us a blueprint for the Niners and we didn't seem to take advantage of that.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:31 am 
* NET Philistine *

Matt Stafford has been terrible all year, and that's really the issue for the Lions. Seattle can and should extend his streak of awful games by A) Getting pressure, and B) Double teaming (or at the very least shading a safety towards) Megatron.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:46 am 
NET Veteran

I have watched the lions a bit with fantasy and a wager here and there...they should be 1 and whatever. Going back to last year, they won a ton of games when they went schoolyard and left megaton one on one.

Stafford will press eventually and force one like favre...rb's are undisciplined with the ball

I think broyles is an upgrade over burleson actually. Better hands quicker routes

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:53 pm 
NET Veteran

zayden185 wrote:
I have watched the lions a bit with fantasy and a wager here and there...they should be 1 and whatever. Going back to last year, they won a ton of games when they went schoolyard and left megaton one on one.

Stafford will press eventually and force one like favre...rb's are undisciplined with the ball

I think broyles is an upgrade over burleson actually. Better hands quicker routes

Yeah, but Broyles isn't familiar with the offense. Stafford gave him a "what for" last night for not doing something properly. If he runs the wrong route, browner or Sherm will make him pay. As well he's not nearly as physical as Burelson- it will be interesting to see him try and get off the line, and how that may effect his route running and timing.

The Lions are probably the least disciplined team in the league for penalties and not taking care of the ball. Pete said in his PC yesterday that he wanted to work on forcing more turnovers and that was something to be improved upon.

"We all we got, we all we need"

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:04 pm 
NET Veteran

IF the offense puts up 17-21 points I feel good about this game, but I hate putting everything on the defense every game. I would love to see a better effort on offense after that bomb in San Fran (mind you, the 49er's D is a monster compared to the Lions).

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:08 pm 
NET Veteran

Unfortunately the blue print is to throw it around on the Lions terrible defensive backfield.......not exactly our strong suit on offense.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:09 pm 
NET Pro Bowler

Calvin Johnson will be a great test for our secondary. He is the most physically imposing player they will have faced this year and they will not be able to bully or push him around like some of the smaller guys we have faced. I'm interested to see how our guys fare against him.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:34 pm 
NET Veteran

I think RW takes a step up this week and throws well,.....if only our WRs can hang on to the ball this week,...

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:53 pm 
NET Starter

I am not going to overlook the Lions defensive line in this game. It is very good. Key to this game will be the pass protection of our Oline and keeping megatron locked up and getting a good pass rush.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:16 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

I'm not worried about this game, but my biggest concern is the Lions interior defense. Wilson really suffers when pressure comes up the middle.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:22 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *

Aye, they need to get Wilson moving around and away from Suh. The training-wheels offense will get him killed.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:31 pm 
NET Veteran

HawKnPeppa wrote:
Haha! if they thought Pat Tilman was hard to throw against.... We don't need a 'blueprint' for this game. Our D can handle these guys. Getting something going on O will be the issue, and I didn't see Da Bears provide any unique info. We don't have anybody with the skillset of Brandon Marshall either.

agree with you, not to nit pick, but i believe its charles tillman.
Pat Tillman was the Az card who died in the armed forces?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:55 pm 
NET Veteran

kearly wrote:
I'm not worried about this game, but my biggest concern is the Lions interior defense. Wilson really suffers when pressure comes up the middle.

every road game is a worry, our games were all close. Close games are more winnable at home than at road. We need to start showing as an offense to be able to pull away comfortably. If the offense is up, defense gets more take aways and opposing teams make more mistakes. But offense has to click and click early. RW is not there yet, he definitely will be one day, he will learn more and more and he will only get better. If I had to purely guess, December will be the month to watch to see what he could do in the Pre Season.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]