Standing During the Game at Clink

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
ExperienceJones":1wl8tmpl said:
Section 127 stands the whole game, every game. Want to sit? Watch the game from home.

That's close to 124.... Any thoughts for me on this?

OP
OP
B

BoatsAndHose

Reaction score
I can assure you there are sections where people stand the entire game because I have been in one of those sections since 2002. Also, I don't yell and scream while we are on offense LOL.

ExperienceJones

Reaction score
ExperienceJones":9knazury said:
Section 127 stands the whole game, every game. Want to sit? Watch the game from home.

South Endzone - Rowdy group, you'll be standing all game. Love South Endzone - wouldn't swap seats with anyone.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":40ttghgy said:
Standing is normal in our house. Those that don't like it, go buy a club suite in Dallas and get the hell out of Seattle.

So 70 year old grandpa takes his 10 year old grandson to a game, one is too old to stand the entire game and one is too short to see over an adult. they are just shit out of luck? Nice.

OP
OP
B

BoatsAndHose

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1ef2x3v2 said:
RolandDeschain":1ef2x3v2 said:
Standing is normal in our house. Those that don't like it, go buy a club suite in Dallas and get the hell out of Seattle.

So 70 year old grandpa takes his 10 year old grandson to a game, one is too old to stand the entire game and one is too short to see over an adult. they are just shit out of luck? Nice.

I would sit down in instances like this, but personally I wouldn't get upset if somebody else didn't. I purposfully bought seats on the aisle so I can take my son who is now four to games where he can lean into the aisle to see. I also won't be mad is people swear at the game because that is going to happen in this atmosphere and I don't expect people to accomodate my son just because he is at the game (even though I would prefer he not exposed to a lot of swearing).

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1pfau701 said:

Don't be obtuse. Anyone can sit. What they can't do is demand everyone in front of them sit down, too. Sit if you want, but don't complain for others to do the same.

The Radish

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2ucntooz said:
Chukarhawk":2ucntooz said:

Don't be obtuse. Anyone can sit. What they can't do is demand everyone in front of them sit down, too. Sit if you want, but don't complain for others to do the same.

Yeah,,,all you grandmas and grandpas out there....We needed your help and your pocket book to get this place built but now that we have your money go away and let only we young people use it.

What! you want to pay for it and use it too. Forgetaboutit, we only care about ourselves.

I wouldn't ask that every one sit all the time, I can't do it my self. I believe in all sports fans having the right to do all the things they want,,,,,right up to keeping someone else from enjoying the same rights to view sporting events I have.

I think this might be all bs as I've sat in 5 different locations in the place and never seen people that rude. And hope not to ever.

:141847_bnono:

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":47zdnblp said:
Chukarhawk":47zdnblp said:

What they really can't do is sit behind someone who is standing and be able to watch the game. At some point courtesy matters.

mikeak

Reaction score
While I appreciate the OP asking the question I do wonder where common sense is sometimes.

To be the only person in a section standing up, having everyone complain about it and then come here and expect different advice (in general) is pretty funny.

So you would sit if the person behind you can't stand - what about the person 10 rows up that due to your standing is now affected (since everyone has to stand up)? Are you going to go row by row and ask if it works for them?

As others said - if the whole section is standing or heck the people in front of you sure stand. Otherwise get up when appropriate and sit when appropriate.......

Don't expect to stand out like a sore thumb and get justified in an online forum...........

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":x03g8533 said:
Chukarhawk":x03g8533 said:

Seriously? they shouldnt be able to watch because people in front of them are too selfish to sit? How on earth is that "obtuse"? It's called being considerate of other people around you. I stand on defense too but I would never ruin someone's day if I knew I could help it.

Riley12

Reaction score
I stand on defense. I stand on offense if the people in front of me stand.

I am crass/unfeeling/uncaring enough to not care whether the people behind me can see or not. Most of the time, it is
the same group of guys and they generally stand too. It is one time in life I could probably be considered an asshole
because it is a hardline stance I take in that matter.

If a guy behind me - correction - if a Seahawk fan behind me wanted me to sit, I would just offer to trade
seats with him or her. I've never had that occur while in Seahawks Stadium, though.

EDIT - When my children were little, I did just what Jones said. I'd tell them to hang onto my shoulder, if they wanted,
but let go if we scored, because I'd likely forget about the person I'm dragging as I jump up and down. Yes, again, I
am an uncaring, inconsiderate person when I'm at a home game. It is about me and the game, nothing else.

grizbob

Reaction score
In my experience of one whole game, the only time I sat was half time. Being surrounded by the enemy might have had something to do with that. :mrgreen:

OP
OP
B

BoatsAndHose

Reaction score
mikeak":278jks17 said:
While I appreciate the OP asking the question I do wonder where common sense is sometimes.

To be the only person in a section standing up, having everyone complain about it and then come here and expect different advice (in general) is pretty funny.

So you would sit if the person behind you can't stand - what about the person 10 rows up that due to your standing is now affected (since everyone has to stand up)? Are you going to go row by row and ask if it works for them?

As others said - if the whole section is standing or heck the people in front of you sure stand. Otherwise get up when appropriate and sit when appropriate.......

Don't expect to stand out like a sore thumb and get justified in an online forum...........

Wow jump to conclusions much Lol? Where did I say I was looking for justification to stand from members of this forum? I was just asking peples opinions, you ASSUMED I was looking for validation when in fact I was trying to gather info from other peoples experiences in the stadium. Plus there have been posts from people which seem to believe that standing is ok if people want to stand whether you agree or not.

Second where did I say I was the only person standing? There were multiple people standing in various rows but the people standing were indeed in the minority. Also one person complained so how does imply everyone complained? Pretty humorous post.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Essentially I sit until I need to stand to see, but I have no issue with anyone standing and gladly stand up without complaint when I need to.

seahawks08

Reaction score
If you have elderly people or if someone requests you to sit down, please do, because they paid to watch and are not able to stand the whole time. I don't stand for the whole game, Defense for sure, definitely goal line stands for sure, or end of offensive games when everyone else stands up in front of me. Its the spur of the moment, join the crowd, share the excitement but make the place pleasurable to all fellow fans. Its important that everyone enjoys. I would be mad if someone continuously stood in front of me blocking my sight and never sat down. However if it is the endzone, then only standing allowed, you got to be at your feet:)

ak3000

Reaction score
Thought I'd throw a bit of a twist on this topic. I live in AK and go to games when i can. I recently went to the packers game and sat in 135A. Figured I'd have the best seat in the house... Worst view ever. Couldn't see around the TV camera and the players on the sidelines. Would have been a lot better vantage point higher up. I wasn't yelling at Kam or Red to have a seat or yell at ESPN to get out of the way. It was an awesome experience to feel the energy of the crowd and be a part of the 12th man. The guy next to me got yelled at for standing after a big play... I was disappointed that someone would suggest that another fans excitement was ruining their game experience. Clink has ADA seating unobstructed, so the 70yo grandpa/grandson arguement is not valid. People are just lazy and want to be delta bravos to other fans just to push their weight around.

I'm with if you want to sit and watch the game sit at home. Going to the stadium is for the experience and atmosphere of yelling and enjoying others excitement.