Has this ever happened before? (12th Man Flag related)

seahwkfvr

Reaction score
Before the Hawks Pats game, I noticed something I haven't seen before at a Seahawks home game BTW I've been a season ticket holder since 2007.

A repeat of a 12th Man flag raiser! The whole crowd was fired up that Walter Jones was raising it, but i knew the truth. Walter had raised it during the 2010 NFC Wild Card matchup vs the Saints (aka the day we caused an earthquake). I was honestly a little disappointed that happened (no disrespect to Walter Jones). Am I crazy for thinking this way or has this happened before? Maybe the Seahawks list of new famous local people to raise the flag is running dry. Thoughts?

sc85sis

Reaction score
I can't say for sure but I suspect it was related to the retiring of Tez' jersey number.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Would have rather seen everybody (including Drew Carey) who had already raised it before raise it again before seeing Trent Dillhole do it.

And honestly, I would rather see a rotation of relevant people raise it than just any D list celebrity that has some tie to the area.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":i9f0vbic said:
Any player who's Hall of Fame, Ring of Honor, or otherwise a storied Seahawks player, I'd say you can pretty well raise it at whim. At least that's the way it should be.

Agree'd. I also like the other Northwest sports figures raising the flag. Guys like Griffey, Ichiro, Gary Payton, etc, etc. Actors and musicians and other "local celebrities" dont do much for me though.

AgentDib

Reaction score
You are definitely crazy for thinking that way as Walter Jones is one of the best flag raising options. There are tons of "new" people we could get who are not Hall of Fame Seahawks, but why would we want to?

Starrman44

Reaction score
I also think the Ring of Honor guys can raise it any time. Largent, Tez, Walt Jones, and all the rest. I also can't wait for Alexander to come back to the family. I don't care what anyone says, I got a lot of love for that guy.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
One day they'll have John Clayton do, only to ripoff his jersey at the seams reveiling a healthy pony tail and vintage slayer tshirt cutoff at the sleeves. He will then give us the rock on signal just before we wipe the floor with whoever is unfortunate enough to be the away team that given day.

usc17hawk

Reaction score
Is it sadistic of me to wish that they'd bring in Rick Mirer just to see what would happen?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Yea man, that is absolutely insane to be upset when arguably the greatest Seahawk ever raises the 12th Man flag a second time. Consider yourself lucky that you got to see a legend do it twice. Hope that one day you will get to see it for a third time.

zayden185

Reaction score
I'm ready for Sir-Mix-Alot actually!!!

HAVE THE TEAM COME OUT TO "IM YOUR TESTEROSA!!"

NYCoug

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3lq6q810 said:
I could watch Big Walt raise it 50 times before some two-bit wanna-be Seattle celebrity. He can raise it every game he wants as far as I'm concerned.

That would be hilarious. I imagine the team wanting to finally pick someone else to raise it but being too afraid to tell Walter that he can't do it anymore.

Seriously though, the Dilfer flag raising made me sick. I had to explain to people why I was cursing out the guy raising the flag! I'd much rather Jones, Kennedy, etc. raise it multiple times rather than dip in to the well of D list celebs and ex-players that trash us on national television. Hell, I'd rather Steve Harper raise the damn flag!

Speaking of repeat offenders... I'd absolutely love it if Ricky "Running" Watters (already raised it) or Shaun Alexander (never did) got to raise it in the near future. Watters would've fit in perfectly with this team.

TheHawkDoc

Reaction score
I can't wait for the day when Hasselbeck is able to come back and raise the flag. Definitely one of the most beloved Hawks. I hope Alexander gets a chance to come back soon as well. The last couple years he was here there was a lot of vitriol spewed towards him and some of it may have been deserved but there was nobody better between 2002-2006. He deserves to come back so we can let him know how much he meant to the organization.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
I get most pumped up when a former Hawk raises the flag vs some other celebrity or sports star...