Thursday game (from Niners fan)

60niners

Reaction score
DMH42":3slshgde said:
Hawkscanner":3slshgde said:
DMH42":3slshgde said:
Tough, physical game. I think it's just a glimpse of what we have coming in the future. This kind of football is awesome to see. Lots of respect to the Hawks. Y'all have a good team. Things I think after seeing this (will keep it short)
- Niners have best Oline in NFL, no one else close
- Niners have best LBs in NFL, no one else close
- Hawks have best secondary in NFL, no on else close
- both teams have top 5 Dlines
- both teams have stable of tough runningbacks (Lynch and Gore were warriors) can't believe Buffalo let him go
- both teams could use some more WR talent. Although I think Niners Wrs core if including VD Are pretty good, just outclassed in this game by Hawks secondary
- both teams have questions at qb. Although hawks have more of developmental issue that has good chance of improving. Niners know what they have in Smith. If he keeps turning ball over, he will be riding bench. IMO, Niners with Kaepernick will be VERY dangerous team.

Can't wait for the war coming in seattle in December. I have feeling it will be very meaningful game. Will come down to execution, minimizing mistakes and who wants it more. Good luck on rest of the season gentleman.

As MOST people have said here -- you most certainly are welcome. Contrary to popular belief of some ... there ARE actually 49ers fans out there who are intelligent and who aren't thugs. As I mentioned in the other 49er fan thread, my best friend is a 49ers fan. Our friendship goes back to the days of Montana and Rice and when the Seahawks were in the AFC West, so we've never thought of ourselves as being true rivals. It's always good when intelligent fans from other teams who aren't obnoxious or rude want to chime in. Here's my .02 on what you had to say ...

On the 49ers Offensive Line -- I'd have to agree that they are in the top 10. The absolute best though? I don't know. That Patriots team's offensive line was right up there. I said back in 2010 when the 49ers drafted Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati that this was a group to watch out for in a couple of years. That dominance was certainly on display on Thursday night. That O-Line is without a doubt the strength of the 49ers -- that's for sure.

On the 49ers LB's -- maybe, maybe. The Packers' Clay Matthews is special, but the rest of his group isn't nearly as dominant. Chicago's Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher aren't what they used to be. I'd say this Seahawks group IMO is definitely up there in the Top 10. K.J. Wright and Navorro Bowman are virtually the same guy. And it was former 49er fullback Michael Robinson who called rookie MLB Bobby Wagner a young Patrick Willis. But as far as the Niners LB's being the absolute best -- yeah, I might buy that.

On the Seahawks Secondary -- As you probably know, Richard Sherman (the only one of the starting 4 who didn't make the Pro Bowl last year) just might be the best CB in all of football right now. Going in to this weekend, he was leading the league in Passes Defensed. With the way he's playing right now, it looks like he could effectively cover the wind itself if asked to. I'd have to agree the Hawks Secondary right now is the best in the NFL.

On the Defensive Lines -- Absolutely. The D-Lines for both teams are certainly right up there (though yours certainly showed up to play on Thursday while ours -- specifically Mebane -- not so much).

On Lynch and Gore -- both guys certainly ARE tough and warrior-like. But if I were starting a team ... and you said I could have either Gore or Lynch ... I'd take Lynch in a heartbeat. In many ways, he reminds me of an Earl Campbell in terms of his sheer force of will, his Terminator-like tenacity, and the level of aggression he runs with. Don’t get me wrong – Gore is very good. It’s just given a choice, I’d take Lynch.

On the 2 WR Corps – you’re absolutely right. I’ve been saying that for some time now that the 49ers receivers are a true Achilles Heel of this team … and it’s become painfully obvious that the same thing goes for the Seahawks. If I’m John Schneider, I’m pouring major resources in to upgrading both the WR Corps and the Offensive Line. Hopefully they’ll have as good a luck in this upcoming draft in those 2 areas as they’ve had in terms of the defense.

Completely agreed as far as the QB’s are concerned. My 49ers friend LOVES to defend Alex Smith and I always tell him the exact same thing. Alex Smith AT BEST is an accurate passer who is a game manager. But, if you put pressure on him ... or if you need him to actually WIN a game for you -- he'll choke. IMO, Kaepernick is your future starter at QB. If I’m Harbaugh, I look to groom him to take over as starter possibly as soon as next season. On Wilson, he’s obviously a rookie. Some of the struggles he’s had can be attributed to his O-Line and WR … but others can simply be chalked up to rookie-itis. As I wrote to the other 49er fan … all the hubbub surrounding Wilson’s height is just that – talk without any real evidence to show that it’s truly an issue.

I completely agree that the December game up here in Seattle is going to be a war. Given the struggles that Alex Smith had in his own home stadium, I find it hard to believe that he’s going to improve on his performance at the CLINK. I totally agree that it’s going to come down to who wants to win more. Until then, Adieu.

I can see some Campbell in Lynch. Dude was awesome on Thursday. No one runs on Niners like that. The one on one collisions with Justin Smith and Goldson were the reasons I love football (Goldson and Lynch are actually really good friends btw). It was tough running too. A lot of Lynch's runs came after contact. Gore and Hunter were getting holes ripped open for them.

Can't go against Gore though if putting team together. Dude is 49er hero.
I don't know man... If I had to build a team today, and those were my two choices, I'd have to go with Lynch. Up until probably two years ago I'd have chosen Gore hands down... But his durability is a concern for me. Still though, averaging 5.8ypc is outstanding!

morgulon1

Reaction score
Gore is nursing sore ribs after #39 busted his ass. Hard. Rest up little man, you dont have to face this defense again until week 14.

glasgow seahawks

Reaction score
I think captain skybeard nailed it. We are currently like a smaller version of the niners. The 2 teams play in an identical way on both sides of the ball, but they are just a little better than us right now.

O-line...they are better at pass pro, quite similar in run blocking but niners have the edge still
D-Line: Both stout on the run, think they get a little more pressure than us on passing though

Recievers: Both groups suck, how much of it is down to play calling though and poor QB play?

QB: Think we hold the ace there, think Wislon is going to be a star in this league. Give him time and he will shine in my opinion

RB: Quite similar but id take Lynch over Gore

LB: Niners have the best in the league in my opinion and if wright/Wagner can come close ill be happy. I dont think they are far away and they are only a rookie and 2nd year guy and will improve, and have been stellar most of the year

Secondry: Hawks have the best in the league hands down

All in all that was a battle on both sides of the ball. In the end the difference was the 2nd half adjustments made by the niners and the dropped catches by the hawks. We are right on their coat tails in terms of quality, and I believe next year will see us move another step closer to them. We have one of if not the youngest team in the league and will hopefully improve further going forwad

Forty9iners

Reaction score
morgulon1":1km2a68j said:
Gore is nursing sore ribs after #39 busted his ass. Hard. Rest up little man, you dont have to face this defense again until week 14.

Can't be that bad....I'm sure Gore will take it easy. Just as easy as week 16 not 14. Check your schedule first or did nervousness get to you already. See you then.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
glasgow seahawks":135ekjj7 said:
I think captain skybeard nailed it. We are currently like a smaller version of the niners. The 2 teams play in an identical way on both sides of the ball, but they are just a little better than us right now.

O-line...they are better at pass pro, quite similar in run blocking but niners have the edge still
D-Line: Both stout on the run, think they get a little more pressure than us on passing though

Recievers: Both groups suck, how much of it is down to play calling though and poor QB play?

QB: Think we hold the ace there, think Wislon is going to be a star in this league. Give him time and he will shine in my opinion

RB: Quite similar but id take Lynch over Gore

LB: Niners have the best in the league in my opinion and if wright/Wagner can come close ill be happy. I dont think they are far away and they are only a rookie and 2nd year guy and will improve, and have been stellar most of the year

Secondry: Hawks have the best in the league hands down

All in all that was a battle on both sides of the ball. In the end the difference was the 2nd half adjustments made by the niners and the dropped catches by the hawks. We are right on their coat tails in terms of quality, and I believe next year will see us move another step closer to them. We have one of if not the youngest team in the league and will hopefully improve further going forwad

By the way coaching was a huge factor. 9ners have the edge big time even if it is just a mental edge. W-L record against Harbaugh says it all.
Looking forward to a rematch in Seattle for some home-cooking. :stirthepot: :thfight7:

kearly

Reaction score
Classy opening post. I do think SF has the best run blocking O-line in the NFL, but pass blocking I'd give to New England hands down. Brady might be the only visiting QB all year who regularly gets 4-5 seconds to pass in Century Link Field.

irocdave

Reaction score
Nice olive branch extended by an obvious non bay area niners fan. I lived in Sacramento for ten years, I can tell.

I agree with your observations regarding each teams strengths. Our line backer play has sagged for, welp, a long time. Your QB hit his ceiling when he was drafted so.....lets make a deal. Flynn for Willis. Straight up. Tomorrow.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Forty9iners":3f1rr0hn said:
morgulon1":3f1rr0hn said:

Can't be that bad....I'm sure Gore will take it easy. Just as easy as week 16 not 14. Check your schedule first or did nervousness get to you already. See you then.

No man, I'm really nervous. So nervous I got the schedule wrong. Ya douche'.

60niners

Reaction score
SeaWolv":lr4f2wdz said:
Hawkfish":lr4f2wdz said:
LB are a push for both teams, other than that I agree

This ^^^^^
It's not homerism on my end that makes me think this is completely absurd. How can this even be in question?

To the poster that suggested Willis for Flynn; no way lol. I'm sure the Niners are desperate for a winning QB, but Flynn is still a won-hit (pun intended) wonder.

Question for Seahawk fans: I can see why you would like Wilson over Flynn, but based on the Aaron Rodgers phenomena - sitting behind Favre and learning - might the Wilson be further along 3-4 years from now if he plays behind someone who may turn out pretty good?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Ninerguy":2t1ua7en said:
SeaWolv":2t1ua7en said:
Hawkfish":2t1ua7en said:

This ^^^^^

Hilarious

Yeah, I wouldn't say 'a push,' but it's closer than you might think. KJ Wright and Bobby Wagner are up-and-coming talent. Wagner has been called a 'baby Patrick Willis' by non other than Michael Robinson, so I'd say that's a pretty good endorsement...he just needs some more seasoning under his belt and maybe just a bit more time in the weight room to catch Willis. KJ right did a very good job for us at MLB last season, and is an OLB now...he's even better at that position, but could play any of the 3 spots very well if called upon. Our other OLB (Leroy Hill) is probably what could keep our guys from closing the gap completely. Hopefully Pete will have somebody to push him for that spot by next season.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Ninerguy":bj5nnmf5 said:
SeaWolv":bj5nnmf5 said:
Hawkfish":bj5nnmf5 said:

This ^^^^^

Hilarious

Agree-- Niners LB corps is probably the best in the NFL with Willis and Bowman.. one is all world in Willis and Bowman is going to get some serious coin very soon..

OP
OP
D

DMH42

Reaction score
Just wanted to come back in and see if you guys are getting ready for the showdown this month. I got a feeling the game might not only be for the division, but for a first round bye. I dont know what niners team will show up, but I am hoping its the one that beat the Hawks, Bears and Packers this year (and Pats fingers crossed). Not the Niners team that humilated itself in St. Louis.

Too bad your corners were suspended. I want the niners to beat you at home, full strength and no excuses.

Will be back here after the game win or lose.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
DMH42":33ng7skz said:
Just wanted to come back in and see if you guys are getting ready for the showdown this month. I got a feeling the game might not only be for the division, but for a first round bye. I dont know what niners team will show up, but I am hoping its the one that beat the Hawks, Bears and Packers this year (and Pats fingers crossed). Not the Niners team that humilated itself in St. Louis.

Too bad your corners were suspended. I want the niners to beat you at home, full strength and no excuses.

Will be back here after the game win or lose.
Good. Looking forward to it already as well. Hopefully your 2012 pattern of two good games followed by shitting the bed continues.
See you in 2 weeks.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I find it kind of cool going back and looking at some of these comments.

Question: would you Niners fans still turn down that Willis for Wilson trade offer ? I'd be willing to bet you'd be hard pressed to find a Seahawks fan that would be willing to do it now, haha.

I still think your front 7 is better. LB corps is much better than ours....Wright and Bowman are similar in run coverage, but Bowman has better inline speed, making him a bit better in coverage. Willis is better in coverage than Wagner, and Wagner is still learning gap discipline, but the "baby WIllis" comparisons are looking spot on....in time he'll be a pro bowler.

On the Gore vs. Lynch debate, I'd take Lynch now if starting a team based on age, but I'd go with Gore 5 years ago. He's faster and breaks longer runs, while still running damn near as tough. Lynch is a bit more elusive, and breaks more tackles I think. Funny, but in 2 years, I think it might be Turbin over both of them.

Good call by the Niners fan on Kaepernick. Looks like he's got the potential that you thought he would, and he's realizing it. He might give us fits soon.

Really looking forward to that game at the CLink, but looking like we won't have our two good cover corners. We better get some pash rush, or Davis is going to eat up our LB coverage. Still going to be a very tough game.

I like talking football with any intelligent fans, I don't care who they root for....it's better than listening to rabid Homers going "Duude, we're going to CRUSH team X.....Lynch is maaaaannn." Although it is amusing watching the meltdown when things don't go well.

rlkats

Reaction score
Starting corners or not it doesn't matter if the niners throw it away. Good luck guys it should be a good one.

Go Niners.

rlkats

Reaction score
Starting corners or not it doesn't matter if the niners throw it away. Good luck guys it should be a good one.

Go Niners.

Twisted

Reaction score
PLeeez, the niners have the best o-line no one even close? lol

The Radish

Reaction score
DMH42":6l4cuufg said:
SinCitySeahawk":6l4cuufg said:
Am I the only one annoyed by all the 9ers fans posting here? It's a fairly accurate post, but I hate your team, and don't care about your opinion of my team.

Oh don't get me wrong. I hate your team too. However, I respect them. Especially the way they run the ball and play defense. It's like looking at evil twin of the Niners.

hahahahaha

Hey DM good to see you're posting. I love the above comment but would suggest you guys are the evil twin. lol

You know how it is there are some that are never interested in discussion but more into bashing. As I said in my original email to you we always welcome football talk.

Well there are some detractors that come to websites just to fight.

:les: