Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Best possible outcome for Seahawks from tonight's game?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:59 pm 
NET Veteran

I'll be watching the Bears/Lions game tonight with an eye towards our game with the Lions on Sunday.

I think the best possible outcome for the Seahawks would be a gritty, hard fought win by the Lions. A back and forth kind of game that goes down to the wire with the Lions pulling out a big W.

I say this because the Lions will then be faced with a short week with the tough, nasty, and physical Seahawks coming in to town. Short week to prepare, tough opponent, and potential hangover from an emotional victory could all play into the Seahawks favor if of course things pan out this way. However, if the Bears go in to Detroit and humiliate the Lions at home they'll be desperate for a W much like the Niners were after getting annihilated by the Giants before facing us.

That's what I'll be looking and hoping for tonight. Regardless, I think Seattle can beat the Lions so try not to take this as me saying the 'Hawks need help beating the Lions... but it wouldn't hurt!

What do you guys and gals think?

Post subject: Re: Best possible outcome for Seahawks from tonight's game?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:07 pm 
NET Pro Bowler

A very tough, physical, close game tonight is best for the Seahawks. If the Lions come into the game bruised and emotionally spent, that's good news for us.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:07 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

I'll be watching as well, as both of these opponents will be huge games for us. This game will impact how detroit plays us in the upcoming week, but I am also VERY interested to watch the Bears and see how they react should it be a close and hard fought game.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:11 pm 
NET Ring Of Honor

I want them to beat the shit out of each other. Physically just pound each other into oblivion.

Not sure if a Detroit win or loss benefits us, but if they are beat up, that will definitely help us.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:25 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

IMO, the outcome of tonight's game has no bearing on what will happen on Sunday. To view it in this manner (see the above posts) is what is called "defeatist attitude". The Seahawks should win in Detroit on Sunday regardless of how the Lions play tonight.

Last edited by hawkfan68 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:25 pm 
NET Rookie

Seems like there is enough time to recover, but injuries caused by the hard hitting Bears D would make a difference. I hate the thought of rooting for injuries, though.
Haven't watched stafford much, but maybe he could have such a poor game that he couldn't mentally get it together for next sunday?

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:32 pm 
* Handsome *

I'll take a Detroit win.

Maybe they will be overconfident against us, and it helps to have the Bears coming back to the pack in playoff seedings.

Yes we are making the playoffs

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:33 pm 
NET Veteran

hawkfan68 wrote:
IMO, the outcome of tonight's game has no bearing on what will happen on Sunday. To view it in this manner (see the above posts) is what is called "defeatist attitude". The Seahawks should win in Detroit on Sunday regardless of how the Lions play tonight.

Haha I specifically said that the Hawks should win regardless but any advantage helps. Believe me, I believe in this team with relentless enthusiasm. This week is no different. Just some food for thought to pass the time before Sunday.

Kudos to those of you who mentioned the Bears as well. In my sleep deprived state I glossed over the fact that we'll be going to Solider Field AGAIN later this year. I never had strong feelings about either way until lately, since it seems we play them on a yearly basis and a few times in the playoffs as well.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:34 pm 
* NET Philistine *

I'm looking for a Bears win tonight. I want Detroit to go to a 2-4 hole and start to lose interest in this year.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:47 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

I want the Lions to lose by 30 points, but for Megatron to have a great night so my fantasy team wins, and then for the Lions to head into our game chomping at the bit, attempting to throw some bombs, which we pick off.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:51 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Maybe suh will run over stafford and megatron on their way to the stadium, he seems pretty good at it.

Last edited by gohawks12 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:51 pm 
NET Veteran

Best outcome tonight would be for Calvin Johnson and Stafford not to be able to play next week, oh and Suh also.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:16 pm 
NET Rookie

Looking ahead, there's a very real chance that the Seahawks will be competing with the Bears for a wildcard spot. The Lions could maybe get there, but it's not nearly as likely. So I'll be rooting for the Lions just for that. I do hope for a nice physical game too.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:21 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

I want Detroit to win in a blowout. That way they'll be overconfident going into next week. We also need to have Chicago start losing games, on the chance that Seattle is in contention for a bye/wildcard.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:26 pm 
NET Veteran

kearly wrote:
I want Detroit to win in a blowout. That way they'll be overconfident going into next week. We also need to have Chicago start losing games, on the chance that Seattle is in contention for a bye/wildcard.

Good perspective from the other side of the coin. It always seems that Seattle is the one fulfilling the "letdown on a short week after an emotional divisional win" narrative or similar narratives. Maybe we'll be on the other end of it for once.

Good point about Chicago. It's already looking like the game in Soldier Field will be yet another big game with playoff implications. This time we probably won't be so lucky as to have the likes of Caleb Hanne in at quarterback for the Bears.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:30 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

hawkfan68 wrote:

I have thought Seattle should be able to take this game no matter what happens tonight, but to think that what may or may not happen in one game cannot have an affect on future games is crazy....there can be injury factors, mental factors...many things in one game can change how a team plays in the next game. I'm not counting on anything to happen in this game so we can win, I still think we can beat the Lions, but there are certainly things that could affect the upcoming matchup

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:19 pm 
* NET Hottie *

OK, since I am from Michigan, the Lions are my second favorite team by default. Having said that, I want them to win but get roughed up. There is no way I want them to be in top form on Sunday since I will be at the game rooting on my Hawks.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:27 pm 
NET Veteran

Would like to see the Bears win 34-0, pick off Stafford 5 times, create tons of doubt in his mind...and give us a defensive blueprint to destroy them on Sunday.

Win Forever!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:46 pm 
NET Veteran

kearly wrote:

I want Detroit to get blown out because they will then be demoralized and realize there is nothing to play for and coast the rest of the season.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:54 pm 
NET Veteran

I want both of these teams to play like this when we see them. As bad as the Lions have been, they're only down by 13.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:09 pm 
NET Starter

The lions look pretty terrible out there!

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]