Hypothetical: Could the Hawks fire Pete but retain Schneider

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
If they miss the playoffs, with 7 or less wins, maybe. But highly unlikely, given Allen's history.

Replacing Bates with Bevell, could eventually be Pete's undoing, a year or so down the road. Ill never be convinced firing Bates WASN'T actually about making a strong push for McDaniels. Bevell was the "oops, umm, we didn't get Josh" hire.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Sark calling plays over here, or even Doug Nussmeier who was the OC for UW last season and moved on to Alabama this season...I'm not entirely convinced that him leaving isn't at least partly to blame for the downturn in the UW Offense so far this season...

Atradees

Reaction score
man..... sometimes this place reeks of fear so bad i wonder if the twelve new posts are by the same person.

The Radish

Reaction score
Rockhawk and I just got word from Paul Allen that he is going to fire Pete Carroll and the entire offensive coaching staff.

He even gave us the date.

6 months after pigs fly.

:roll:

seedhawk

Reaction score
The Radish":31lccjsp said:
Rockhawk and I just got word from Paul Allen that he is going to fire Pete Carroll and the entire offensive coaching staff.

He even gave us the date.

6 months after pigs fly.

:roll:

Or 8 months later if said pigs learn to whistle. :mrgreen:

CPHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":cqogu91x said:
If Sarks boys continue to stumble, that's the name they nab.

He just went against the worst D in the Pac 12 and scored 17 points.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
Interesting hypothetical, I just have a hard time wrapping my head around what kind of situation could arise that would warrant Allen making a decision that radical. Understanding how loyal Paul is with his employees the only thing I’ve come up with would be some life threatening illness, which would, once again, effect a joint search for a new HC involving Pete, John, and Paul.

Even more interesting (to me anyway) is could they ever find someone that would be able to maintain the same atmosphere/philosophy Carroll/Schneider have now established here?

seedhawk

Reaction score
To me the likely scenario is, PC finish's his contract and decides to move on or just retire. Do we keep JS then and find a new HC? If we do, will JS have significant input as to who the next HC is?

kf3339

Reaction score
pehawk":28hjy480 said:
If Sarks boys continue to stumble, that's the name they nab.

I agree. He is the guy I would go after asap. The Trojan offense was dynamic when PC and Sark were running the show. We need that creativity on offense that made SC such an offensive powerhouse!