Thursday game (from Niners fan)

Paschtorian

Reaction score
All I know is,...........if this person's in a Fantasy League,..........the opposition is SCREWED.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Jeez, SinCity... Having visiting fans is a big part of having a team forum like .Net. I know that as well as anyone as I post forums every week for our membership to visit their forums. As long as visitors aren't blatent trolls, they are welcomed here, and enjoyed. They're just fans of their team... No more or less than we are of the Seahawks. This 9er fan was very respectful, and gave a fairly accurate opinion. Just 'cause they're not a Seahawks fan doesn't mean they're an asshole. Please, grow up a bit. Always remember... No matter how strong your feelings about it, it's still just a game.

bellingerga

Reaction score
DMH42":nzjmgswq said:
Tough, physical game. I think it's just a glimpse of what we have coming in the future. This kind of football is awesome to see. Lots of respect to the Hawks. Y'all have a good team. Things I think after seeing this (will keep it short)
- Niners have best Oline in NFL, no one else close
- Niners have best LBs in NFL, no one else close
- Hawks have best secondary in NFL, no on else close
- both teams have top 5 Dlines
- both teams have stable of tough runningbacks (Lynch and Gore were warriors) can't believe Buffalo let him go
- both teams could use some more WR talent. Although I think Niners Wrs core if including VD Are pretty good, just outclassed in this game by Hawks secondary
- both teams have questions at qb. Although hawks have more of developmental issue that has good chance of improving. Niners know what they have in Smith. If he keeps turning ball over, he will be riding bench. IMO, Niners with Kaepernick will be VERY dangerous team.

Can't wait for the war coming in seattle in December. I have feeling it will be very meaningful game. Will come down to execution, minimizing mistakes and who wants it more. Good luck on rest of the season gentleman.

Pretty good post but you can't be serious about Kaepernick can you? oh... you were serious. Sorry bout that... :stirthepot:

SinCitySeahawk

Reaction score
I guess I was a little too harsh for the people in this forum. I apologize to those I offended. Maybe, we can start a knitting club with those wonderful fans from San Fran.

OP
OP
D

DMH42

Reaction score
SinCitySeahawk":1bghw0jd said:
I guess I was a little too harsh for the people in this forum. I apologize to those I offended. Maybe, we can start a knitting club with those wonderful fans from San Fran.

Run along then son. The grown ups are trying to have a conversation about football here.

I don't blame anyone else for his classless behavior. People like this are all over message boards. (even 49er boards :| ) He might just be down after loss. Trust me, I know how that feels. Felt it last Sunday.......

OP
OP
D

DMH42

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2yxn6fvt said:
SinCitySeahawk":2yxn6fvt said:
BlueTalon":2yxn6fvt said:
On topic... I agree, the Digit game at Clink will be a slobberknocker. And I believe it isn't going to be more than a year or two before all four teams in the NFCW are playing at a high level. Even this year, I think it is entirely possible for all four teams to win every divisional home game. (Has that ever happened?)

I am trying to think of a time and I can't. All four of these teams could be in it until the end. I do think Niners will beat the Cards next Monday. They are tough on D, and I have nothing but respect for Fitzgerald, I just think Niners' s lines will wear them down over course of game. The rams game in st Louis will not be easy either.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
We are sadly like the 49ers little brother. Teams built almost identically schematically. Suffocate with defense, pound with ground game and don't turn the ball over.

The key differences I do see are:

They have a better front 7 on d and we have a better secondary.

On O I think we have a better QB, but they have a superior o-line.

Anyway, like so many big brothers it seems like they can always do everything a little better. But then someday the little brother catches up and gets revenge, I think that time is near.

Atradees

Reaction score
That was a slobberknocker of a game.
The digits imposed their will at their house for a short time and that was the difference. Credit fiery harbaugh and co..
Monster linebackers with them. Still couldnt stop Beast Mode...the sad truth is we lose most of the roadgames until our hawks get more of an offensive id.

Gore has been huge. I had thought he wouldve been out of the league with knee injyries, but all he has done is lead all time for them.

TLD0550

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1e9qmjh5 said:
SinCitySeahawk":1e9qmjh5 said:
Am I the only one annoyed by all the 9ers fans posting here? It's a fairly accurate post, but I hate your team, and don't care about your opinion of my team.
Then don't click on the link.
Ha no Sh*t good point

droop828

Reaction score
it's easy, very easy, in fact, to be cordial after a win. If we would have beaten you would you be here posting the same things? Nope. Hope to see you post your thoughts after we win in December, baby girl.

Hawk4lyfe

Reaction score
DMH42":1wdg1fo5 said:
Tough, physical game. I think it's just a glimpse of what we have coming in the future. This kind of football is awesome to see. Lots of respect to the Hawks. Y'all have a good team. Things I think after seeing this (will keep it short)
- both teams have stable of tough runningbacks (Lynch and Gore were warriors) can't believe Buffalo let him go
- both teams could use some more WR talent. Although I think Niners Wrs core if including VD Are pretty good, just outclassed in this game by Hawks secondary
- both teams have questions at qb. Although hawks have more of developmental issue that has good chance of improving. Niners know what they have in Smith. If he keeps turning ball over, he will be riding bench. IMO, Niners with Kaepernick will be VERY dangerous team.

Can't wait for the war coming in seattle in December. I have feeling it will be very meaningful game. Will come down to execution, minimizing mistakes and who wants it more. Good luck on rest of the

season gentleman.

Yeah ur oline is pretty good. They kept saying three first round picks. 10 years of semi crappy seasons will get you that tho. Now its coming together for SF. Gonna b tough to beat for awhile. We had that game in the first half. Couldn't capitilize on our opps. Beat ourselves there. Then SF adjusted and we got gassed and couldn't stop gore.

Would love to have seen what happened had our wr made the catches. Oh well. Figure we'll win all our home division games this year. Need SF to slip.up a couple times. We still have a young team. This is just a sign of good things to come

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
DMH42":2pd4329i said:

Can't wait for the war coming in seattle in December. I have feeling it will be very meaningful game. Will come down to execution, minimizing mistakes and who wants it more. Good luck on rest of the season gentleman.

As MOST people have said here -- you most certainly are welcome. Contrary to popular belief of some ... there ARE actually 49ers fans out there who are intelligent and who aren't thugs. As I mentioned in the other 49er fan thread, my best friend is a 49ers fan. Our friendship goes back to the days of Montana and Rice and when the Seahawks were in the AFC West, so we've never thought of ourselves as being true rivals. It's always good when intelligent fans from other teams who aren't obnoxious or rude want to chime in. Here's my .02 on what you had to say ...

On the 49ers Offensive Line -- I'd have to agree that they are in the top 10. The absolute best though? I don't know. That Patriots team's offensive line was right up there. I said back in 2010 when the 49ers drafted Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati that this was a group to watch out for in a couple of years. That dominance was certainly on display on Thursday night. That O-Line is without a doubt the strength of the 49ers -- that's for sure.

On the 49ers LB's -- maybe, maybe. The Packers' Clay Matthews is special, but the rest of his group isn't nearly as dominant. Chicago's Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher aren't what they used to be. I'd say this Seahawks group IMO is definitely up there in the Top 10. K.J. Wright and Navorro Bowman are virtually the same guy. And it was former 49er fullback Michael Robinson who called rookie MLB Bobby Wagner a young Patrick Willis. But as far as the Niners LB's being the absolute best -- yeah, I might buy that.

On the Seahawks Secondary -- As you probably know, Richard Sherman (the only one of the starting 4 who didn't make the Pro Bowl last year) just might be the best CB in all of football right now. Going in to this weekend, he was leading the league in Passes Defensed. With the way he's playing right now, it looks like he could effectively cover the wind itself if asked to. I'd have to agree the Hawks Secondary right now is the best in the NFL.

On the Defensive Lines -- Absolutely. The D-Lines for both teams are certainly right up there (though yours certainly showed up to play on Thursday while ours -- specifically Mebane -- not so much).

On Lynch and Gore -- both guys certainly ARE tough and warrior-like. But if I were starting a team ... and you said I could have either Gore or Lynch ... I'd take Lynch in a heartbeat. In many ways, he reminds me of an Earl Campbell in terms of his sheer force of will, his Terminator-like tenacity, and the level of aggression he runs with. Don’t get me wrong – Gore is very good. It’s just given a choice, I’d take Lynch.

On the 2 WR Corps – you’re absolutely right. I’ve been saying that for some time now that the 49ers receivers are a true Achilles Heel of this team … and it’s become painfully obvious that the same thing goes for the Seahawks. If I’m John Schneider, I’m pouring major resources in to upgrading both the WR Corps and the Offensive Line. Hopefully they’ll have as good a luck in this upcoming draft in those 2 areas as they’ve had in terms of the defense.

Completely agreed as far as the QB’s are concerned. My 49ers friend LOVES to defend Alex Smith and I always tell him the exact same thing. Alex Smith AT BEST is an accurate passer who is a game manager. But, if you put pressure on him ... or if you need him to actually WIN a game for you -- he'll choke. IMO, Kaepernick is your future starter at QB. If I’m Harbaugh, I look to groom him to take over as starter possibly as soon as next season. On Wilson, he’s obviously a rookie. Some of the struggles he’s had can be attributed to his O-Line and WR … but others can simply be chalked up to rookie-itis. As I wrote to the other 49er fan … all the hubbub surrounding Wilson’s height is just that – talk without any real evidence to show that it’s truly an issue.

I completely agree that the December game up here in Seattle is going to be a war. Given the struggles that Alex Smith had in his own home stadium, I find it hard to believe that he’s going to improve on his performance at the CLINK. I totally agree that it’s going to come down to who wants to win more. Until then, Adieu.

hawker84

Reaction score
SinCitySeahawk":u8o6cn3j said:
Am I the only one annoyed by all the 9ers fans posting here? It's a fairly accurate post, but I hate your team, and don't care about your opinion of my team.

YES!!!!! i welcome the opinions of the opposing fans... if they come in and are knowledgable and respectuful , i'll welcome them any time...

i agree for the most part with the post. your LB's much better group, our d line better, your o line better, our db's much better, q back, give you the edge for now, just due to inexperience, but in the long run, really think we have a winner in wilson.... coaching i give the edge to SF right now, our OC is killing us, and pete wants to be friends with everyone rather than fix the problem...

thanks for the ensightful post... see you at the CLink.....

OP
OP
D

DMH42

Reaction score
hawker84":298yeebk said:
SinCitySeahawk":298yeebk said:

YES!!!!! i welcome the opinions of the opposing fans... if they come in and are knowledgable and respectuful , i'll welcome them any time...

i agree for the most part with the post. your LB's much better group, our d line better, your o line better, our db's much better, q back, give you the edge for now, just due to inexperience, but in the long run, really think we have a winner in wilson.... coaching i give the edge to SF right now, our OC is killing us, and pete wants to be friends with everyone rather than fix the problem...

thanks for the ensightful post... see you at the CLink.....

I certainly agree with most of this. I would not say Seattle D-line better than 49ers. They are really close, just tough to compare because schemes are so different. I think Mebane would make great Niner if yall ever want to get rid of him. The Niner coaching staff has done stellar job, but IMO the real difference is GM Trent Baalke. He has done outstanding job bringing talent in.

Baalke draft and free agent homeruns: Iupati, A. Davis, Jonathan Goodwin, Bruce Miller, Kendall Hunter, Aldon Smith, Carlos Rogers, Donte Whitner, NaVorro Bowman, Larry Grant to name a few.

Has also brought in developmental talents like Kaepernick, LaMichael James, A. J. Jenkins and Chris Culliver (who I think will be niners top corner soon) that jury is still out on. They will get their respective opportunities to contribute for long term team success.

OP
OP
D

DMH42

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":v2vwgrbu said:
FlyingGreg":v2vwgrbu said:
Good post...can't disagree with anything you said.
I can. I don't see it from Kaepernick. Otherwise, I agree on all points.

Maybe just some wishful thinking on my part, but I really like what I have seen from Kaepernick in limited playing time. Reminds me a lot of young, bigger Randall Cunningham. Both 2nd round picks from non-powerhouse schools, but dominating competition, both really raw coming out, used as back ups to somewhat limited qbs, at first used primarily in running packages, even his release and movement reminds me a lot of Cunningham. I guess we will see.

OP
OP
D

DMH42

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":33w0063h said:
DMH42":33w0063h said:

As MOST people have said here -- you most certainly are welcome. Contrary to popular belief of some ... there ARE actually 49ers fans out there who are intelligent and who aren't thugs. As I mentioned in the other 49er fan thread, my best friend is a 49ers fan. Our friendship goes back to the days of Montana and Rice and when the Seahawks were in the AFC West, so we've never thought of ourselves as being true rivals. It's always good when intelligent fans from other teams who aren't obnoxious or rude want to chime in. Here's my .02 on what you had to say ...

On the 49ers Offensive Line -- I'd have to agree that they are in the top 10. The absolute best though? I don't know. That Patriots team's offensive line was right up there. I said back in 2010 when the 49ers drafted Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati that this was a group to watch out for in a couple of years. That dominance was certainly on display on Thursday night. That O-Line is without a doubt the strength of the 49ers -- that's for sure.

On the 49ers LB's -- maybe, maybe. The Packers' Clay Matthews is special, but the rest of his group isn't nearly as dominant. Chicago's Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher aren't what they used to be. I'd say this Seahawks group IMO is definitely up there in the Top 10. K.J. Wright and Navorro Bowman are virtually the same guy. And it was former 49er fullback Michael Robinson who called rookie MLB Bobby Wagner a young Patrick Willis. But as far as the Niners LB's being the absolute best -- yeah, I might buy that.

On the Seahawks Secondary -- As you probably know, Richard Sherman (the only one of the starting 4 who didn't make the Pro Bowl last year) just might be the best CB in all of football right now. Going in to this weekend, he was leading the league in Passes Defensed. With the way he's playing right now, it looks like he could effectively cover the wind itself if asked to. I'd have to agree the Hawks Secondary right now is the best in the NFL.

On the Defensive Lines -- Absolutely. The D-Lines for both teams are certainly right up there (though yours certainly showed up to play on Thursday while ours -- specifically Mebane -- not so much).

On Lynch and Gore -- both guys certainly ARE tough and warrior-like. But if I were starting a team ... and you said I could have either Gore or Lynch ... I'd take Lynch in a heartbeat. In many ways, he reminds me of an Earl Campbell in terms of his sheer force of will, his Terminator-like tenacity, and the level of aggression he runs with. Don’t get me wrong – Gore is very good. It’s just given a choice, I’d take Lynch.

On the 2 WR Corps – you’re absolutely right. I’ve been saying that for some time now that the 49ers receivers are a true Achilles Heel of this team … and it’s become painfully obvious that the same thing goes for the Seahawks. If I’m John Schneider, I’m pouring major resources in to upgrading both the WR Corps and the Offensive Line. Hopefully they’ll have as good a luck in this upcoming draft in those 2 areas as they’ve had in terms of the defense.

Completely agreed as far as the QB’s are concerned. My 49ers friend LOVES to defend Alex Smith and I always tell him the exact same thing. Alex Smith AT BEST is an accurate passer who is a game manager. But, if you put pressure on him ... or if you need him to actually WIN a game for you -- he'll choke. IMO, Kaepernick is your future starter at QB. If I’m Harbaugh, I look to groom him to take over as starter possibly as soon as next season. On Wilson, he’s obviously a rookie. Some of the struggles he’s had can be attributed to his O-Line and WR … but others can simply be chalked up to rookie-itis. As I wrote to the other 49er fan … all the hubbub surrounding Wilson’s height is just that – talk without any real evidence to show that it’s truly an issue.

I completely agree that the December game up here in Seattle is going to be a war. Given the struggles that Alex Smith had in his own home stadium, I find it hard to believe that he’s going to improve on his performance at the CLINK. I totally agree that it’s going to come down to who wants to win more. Until then, Adieu.

I can see some Campbell in Lynch. Dude was awesome on Thursday. No one runs on Niners like that. The one on one collisions with Justin Smith and Goldson were the reasons I love football (Goldson and Lynch are actually really good friends btw). It was tough running too. A lot of Lynch's runs came after contact. Gore and Hunter were getting holes ripped open for them.

Can't go against Gore though if putting team together. Dude is 49er hero.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
DMH42":25kdag34 said:
Gore and Hunter were getting holes ripped open for them.

Ugggghhh!! U would have to remind me of that. That, and our WR's catching some darn balls are the two corrections I'll be dying to see in game two.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
BlueThunder said:
No more or less than we are of the Seahawks. This 9er fan was very respectful, and gave a fairly accurate opinion. Just 'cause they're not a Seahawks fan doesn't mean they're an asshole.quote]

Right, but being a Ninners fan does. ;) I kid, I kid.