49ers lines are way better than ours

strohmin

Reaction score
As good as I thought our D-line was, the 49ers O-line and D-line is twice as good as ours. Their pass protection was much better than ours and their D-line destroyed our O-line. Only our secondary and Marshawn Lynch played well.

ensett

Reaction score
They definitely have the better Oline. Our Oline really isn't that good, so it's easy to make their Dline look amazing. Only reason we can run the ball is because Lynch drags guys from the line of scrimmage 6 yards down the field.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Niners' line was better but probably not twice as good as ours. We were only a few missed plays away from a big early lead. The second half was a different story. Niners made better adjustments after halftime. Their running game and short passes/screens to Gore wore us down.
Our offense will need to regroup after this lackluster performance. PC and Bevell may need to rethink their strategy if they think they match Harbaugh in calling a conservative run-first game.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
And we have the better secondary. I still believe we have the better RB and QB.

hawk45

Reaction score
I agree with OP the Niners destroyed us at the LOS both ways. Freaking Gore would get 5 yards without being touched, on the one run where he went down to our 19 or so, he came through a hole so big that I think he didn't know what to do with himself and sort of lost his balance and fell down trying to decide which move he would use on the one member of our secondary between him and the end zone. Lynch is dragging guys from the handoff to the whistle. I would still say we have good run blocking and good enough pass pro, it's just the Niners have silly run blocking and ridiculous pass pro.

Similarly, our Dline is good, but theirs looked much better last night.

Also agree with OP that our secondary is what kept this from killing us. And if we're not as strong as they are in the trenches, our blueprint seems to produce similar results in terms of points allowed, so I'm okay with that. But yeah, you can't help watching their lines and saying wow.

Bipolar

Reaction score
not really. it's football, shit happens. our Defense has been impressive for most of the game, besides a couple of tackles missed that let Gore rip a couple of long ones. most damage that Gore has done to us was on screen passes, but it was for a reason - we completely made their WRs and TEs a non-factor. this in itself is a HUGE plus, our secondary was as legit as ever.

our Offensive line had a lot more issues containing the 9ers pass rush. but can you really blame them? they played their hearts out, but it was really an uphill battle against their ELITE rushers at 1-on-1 assignments. as far as run blocking, they did fine.

PS: Red Bryant seemed to have an ankle injury and couldn't run well in 4Q -- does anyone know what happened?

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
....so sick of the revolving door the Seahawks consider an O-line. WE NEED MOFFIT BACK. Eyebrows and McQuistan can...go work fast food.

hawkfan333

Reaction score
i disagree our lines are both pretty good they both didnt play like they are capable last night so lets not over react

kidhawk

Reaction score
Let's wait to see what happens in Seattle before we go calling the Niners D-line better than ours. Last night's game was an aberration for our D-line, and one would have to think that playing the tough game we had against the Patriots last week, then travelling on a VERY short week, having a let down to a dominant running attack in the second half isn't that out of the ordinary. Not going to take anything away from the D-Line, they are VERY good as well, but last night wasn't enough for me to declare them better

drdiags

Reaction score
Bipolar, Red got hurt on the 3rd down scramble by Alex Smith. No one fell on him but he limped off after the tackle he made with an assist by one of our LBs or DBs.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Their o-line in the second half just took over the game. Out physicalled us, just dominated. It was a game of games for that group.

On defense, Justin Smith created some havoc for us and we didn't really have a guy step up against them. I thought our o-line did well enough in both pass and run blocking to win any game though overall.

Schadie001

Reaction score
I really don't think it was a matter of their Oline being sooo great, because in the first half we owned them. It was a matter of us not adjusting to their trap blocks in the second half. Our DC didn't earn his paycheck last night in the second half because our LB's were getting eaten up. Our LB's also didn't adjust well to the short pass in the middle of the field. They exposed the fact that our LB's were getting too deep and left a 15 yrd bubble right in the middle of the field and they abused it.

It's a game of adjustments. They made good ones we never made any.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The two defenses are very close..........the difference last night was Smith was able to generate a TD drive when he needed it, and all we generated was dropped passes, three and outs and Wilson scrambling for his life 1/2 the time cause his receivers couldn't get open.

sa_seahawker

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3arp2epk said:
The two defenses are very close..........the difference last night was Smith was able to generate a TD drive when he needed it, and all we generated was dropped passes, three and outs and Wilson scrambling for his life 1/2 the time cause his receivers couldn't get open.

It also doesn't help that Wilson can't see over the gorillas battling in the trench. Wilson should be the king of the swing out pass. Don't get me wrong, I like Wilson, but I'm ready to see something else (Flynn). Seattle offense is 7th in rush but 31st in passing. 7 weeks and it doesn't seem to be getting better. It's not a good thing when your kicker is leading the team in scoring. Season is almost half over and Seattle is 0-3 in Division matches.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
sa_seahawker":334r6tgd said:
It also doesn't help that Wilson can't see over the trench gorillas. Wilson should be the king of the swing out pass. Don't get me wrong, I like Wilson, but I'm ready to see something else (Flynn). Seattle offense is 7th in rush but 31st in passing. 6 weeks and it doesn't seem to be getting better. It's not a good thing when your kicker is leading the team in scoring.

Good breakdown of linemen on this post.

If Seattle wants to be taken seriously, they need to find a combination of Olinemen that works and stick with it. I know...I know...injuries have been a plague! They need to find more/better depth if this is going to be a constant issue.

sa_seahawker

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":2zfq33l6 said:
sa_seahawker":2zfq33l6 said:
It also doesn't help that Wilson can't see over the trench gorillas. Wilson should be the king of the swing out pass. Don't get me wrong, I like Wilson, but I'm ready to see something else (Flynn). Seattle offense is 7th in rush but 31st in passing. 6 weeks and it doesn't seem to be getting better. It's not a good thing when your kicker is leading the team in scoring.

Good breakdown of linemen on this post.

If Seattle wants to be taken seriously, they need to find a combination of Olinemen that works and stick with it. I know...I know...injuries have been a plague! They need to find more/better depth if this is going to be a constant issue.

Somebody tell Bill & Ted to use their time machine and go grab Jones, Hutch, Tobeck, Gray, and Locklear :mrgreen: ....Best line Seattle has ever had IMO.

Seeker

Reaction score
I call bull,

San frans O line has no proven strength over our D line,

they were running trap plays, meaning they knew how strong the run d is and had to make quick moves, our D is good at being aggressive and trap plays take advantage of over-aggressiveness. Gus should have adjusted.

you saw how rattled alex looked all night, you saw how beaten up gore looked after that game. they took him out in the redzone and kicked a field goal.

this was a battle that came down to three things

-- out coached
-- mistakes (dropped passes hitting you in the hands, falling down, etc)
-- whoever put kellan moore on this team come see me after practice

OP
OP
S

strohmin

Reaction score
Just look at the pure strength of their D-linemen. Maybe our O-line is weak as hell. Giacomini is weak as crap. Did you see how everyone just pushed our O-line back into Russell. Everyone on our D-line just got stopped cold without getting any push on the pass rush. Alex smith just got rattled easily. He could have stayed in the pocket another 5 seconds if he wanted too, but the coverage by the secondary was just too amazing.

Largent80

Reaction score
strohmin":ouoji5my said:
As good as I thought our D-line was, the 49ers O-line and D-line is twice as good as ours. Their pass protection was much better than ours and their D-line destroyed our O-line. Only our secondary and Marshawn Lynch played well.

So, are we supposed to feel bad?

Man....I wish you dudes could just enjoy what we do have....but I guess everyone around here these days just wants to bitch about something...assholes.

OP
OP
S

strohmin

Reaction score
Where did I complain or whine in my post? I just stated what I saw. Are you going to tell me with a straight face that their D-line and O-line did not play better than ours?