Washinton @ Arizona

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Washinton @ Arizona
Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:38 pm
  • Price looks better tonight, but the defense looks like it did last year so far.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Re: Washinton @ Arizona
Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:59 pm
  • Washington's going to be lucky to lose by less than 4 TDs.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:02 pm
  • Have to be honest, I haven't felt this down on the Huskies since 0-12. The regression of this offense is really, really hard to watch.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:09 pm
  • Keith Price is on my list. I can't stand this team.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:11 pm
  • I'd be surprised if Sark returns.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:12 pm
  • I hope this team isn't planning on going to a bowl game this year. The way they're playing the only game I see them winning the rest of the year is the one against Colorado.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:13 pm
  • I wouldn't be. And barring a continuing meltdown, I think it would be premature to fire him after a major overhaul of his coaching staff with some of the best recruiters the nation has to offer. That said, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't having doubts about him.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:20 pm
  • The Huskies make me want to vomit. I can't believe this team beat Stanford.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:21 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Washington's going to be lucky to lose by less than 4 TDs.

Let me rephrase that. They'll be lucky not to lose by 40.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:24 pm
  • I'm not surprised the defense isn't great this year, and I genuinely think they've improved, but like I said before, this offense's inability to play consistently is embarrassing. I stand by the idea that Sark is likely to come back, I think Oline injuries can't be ignored here, but it's not good.

(Regardless of that quick score).
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:31 pm
  • At least Price isn't fumbling the ball every time he's touched tonight.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:32 pm
  • Have I missed something? Granted I have literally missed a couple games this year. Shaq Thompson is being primarily as an outside linebacker? It seems every damn long pass I catch Shaq isn't even lined up back there. D and O line are worthless
    You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four.

Dan Birdwell
    beehawk46
    NET Starter

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:41 pm
  • beehawk46 wrote:Have I missed something? Granted I have literally missed a couple games this year. Shaq Thompson is being primarily as an outside linebacker? It seems every damn long pass I catch Shaq isn't even lined up back there. D and O line are worthless

It looks like Washington's running a 3-3-5 defense tonight. Not that it's helping them.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:42 pm
  • How did UW score its last TD? some friends came over and I turned it off to host after they punted.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:44 pm
  • jkitsune wrote:How did UW score its last TD? some friends came over and I turned it off to host after they punted.

Josh Shirley hit Matt Scott and forced an interception that was returned to the 4. After Price almost threw an interception in the endzone, Sankey ran it in for the TD.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:44 pm
  • Anyone see Scott holding his forearm on the neck of that LB who picked him off? Hate that crap.
    You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four.

Dan Birdwell
    beehawk46
    NET Starter

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:45 pm
  • Thank God Price didn't blow that one, too. I'm not saying he should be benched, but I'm nowhere near as confident that he'll be our starting QB next year as I used to be.

Jeff and Cyler are both supposed to be great.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:05 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:At least Price isn't fumbling the ball every time he's touched tonight.

I spoke too soon.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:05 pm
  • Okay, now I'm ready to bench him.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:15 pm
  • Seems nothing can go right for price

Dan Birdwell
    beehawk46
    NET Starter

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:15 pm
  • Price bails at the FIRST sign of pressure, and is not worthy of still being on this field.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:16 pm
  • Jesus

Dan Birdwell
    beehawk46
    NET Starter

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:19 pm
  • So when the offensive line isn't letting rushers go free to the QB, they're getting penalties to put the team in a hole.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:24 pm
  • Price is weeeeeeeeeeeeeak
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:30 pm
  • Man, I don't think I've ever seen a player regress so much from one year to another as Price. This game is over. Bench Keith and let's see what one of the other QBs can do.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:30 pm
  • Seriously. Can we seriously see one of our two 4-star QBs?
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:34 pm
  • HOLY SHIT KEITH PRICE YOU ARE NOT ACTUALLY THAT CLOSE TO BEING SACKED I HATE YOU
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:39 pm
  • maybe he's playing hurt... (which would further the case for benching him)
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:41 pm
  • Keith Price is as ineffective against a terrible defense as he is against any other team. His play was a huge reason we lost last week, and it's a huge (though not only, admittedly) reason we're not even in this game. I have no reason to suspect he will be able to perform against OSU, and this season could get ugly real fast.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:42 pm
  • Washington only has three weapons on offense, ASJ, Kasen Williams, and Sankey. Everyone else on the offense is a liability.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:43 pm
  • Three weapons is a lot. Two stellar receivers and a great RB. If we had even an average QB this year we'd be OK, even without considering the injuries on the OL.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:47 pm
  • Nice to see the defense is regressing right along with the offense.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:49 pm
  • I wouldn't get too wound up about the defense. They performed remarkably well against teams such as USC and Stanford (not that Stanford's O is impressive, but they're not awful, and Taylor is incredible). Yeah, games like this are hard to swallow on all sides, but I think the D is genuinely better this year, and has shown it several times. It's the offense that truly looks humiliating, and a lot of that falls on a decimated OL and Keith Price.

What's sad is that I can at least believe that the OL injuries are a huge part of their problem.

No such excuse exists for Price. In fact, he was supposed to be healthy for the first time this year. And most of Price's struggles in the last few games have been about terrible composure and decision-making, as opposed to being under actual pressure.

Reminds me of David Carr.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:50 pm
  • I've lost count of the number of plays Arizona's had of 10+ yards tonight but I think it's around 20 now.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:53 pm
  • Oh good, KP is still in.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:04 pm
  • jkitsune wrote:Oh good, KP is still in.

Yep, and he's continuing to miss open receivers down the field.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:06 pm
  • He's easily the worst single player on the field today. That's incredible. This guy was an early Heisman dark horse last year with his play.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:09 pm
  • jkitsune wrote:He's easily the worst single player on the field today. That's incredible. This guy was an early Heisman dark horse last year with his play.

I dunno, his offensive line is giving him a run for the money in that category, between the penalties, the ole' blocking, and the missed assignments.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:11 pm
  • That's why I said 'single' player. I couldn't pick between KP and the OL unit, but arguably there's no single O lineman that is having a worse individual game - or season - than Price. I really don't understand the insistence on sticking with KP today unless Sark is just refusing to burn the redshirt year of either of his two QBs.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:15 pm
  • That's the only reason I can think of, jk. This is pretty much a lost season anyway.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:18 pm
  • Going to have to pull a huge upset against OSU or run off 4 straight against Col, WSU, Utah, and Cal. I could see them beating Col, WSU, and Utah.... Cal scares me all of a sudden with how bad this team has begun. And that's sad, given the state of Cal as a team.

Can't believe this is where this season has gone.

I still think longterm it's probably better for the program to give Sark more time with his new staff and rely more heavily on building continuity than to keep churning through coaches, but man it's hard to say that on nights ilke this.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:40 pm
  • From the sounds of it, might be a good thing I didn't watch and had to work.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:46 pm
  • I'm not X's and O's guy, but what was up with those 3 man front, 2 LB, Dime defenses both teams kept running all game long? There was something like 250+ yards of rushing in this game and both teams had just one guy that was lined up over the ball. Mind boggling. It didn't work stopping the pass either.

This was shooting fish in a barrel, but I thought Matt Scott had another game that screams NFL future. I loved the tackle he made on his interception (which was a fluke play). Tons of attitude with that guy. He had an awesome run TD called back by a bogus call. He had some very pretty passes too- easy ones granted- but Price had those same easy deep shots and overthrew his guy by 5 yards every time.

Hate to say it, but Keith Price is morphing into Cody Pickett. Not a good sign. The way he played tonight you'd think he could hear footsteps from Japan.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:16 am
  • But UW is young and has injuries, no one else is young or has any real injuries. Just wait till he has his own players.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:48 am
  • I had Washington losing to Arizona. But, i've got them beating the Beavs next weekend. They better not let me down!
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:54 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:I had Washington losing to Arizona. But, i've got them beating the Beavs next weekend. They better not let me down!

Are you dreaming, or just trying to make UW fans feel good? OS wins in a blowout.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:59 am
  • CPHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I had Washington losing to Arizona. But, i've got them beating the Beavs next weekend. They better not let me down!

Are you dreaming, or just trying to make UW fans feel good? OS wins in a blowout.

I went to the Beavers game yesterday. They are not a good team. Plus UW matches up well against them since UW's strength is their secondary and OSU's strength is their WR's. I know UW isnt good either, but I think being at home, and the power of Tanzania will help them win.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:26 pm
  • Don't buy the UW secondary hype, UO had guys open all night we just called off the dogs early. Wheaton will be open also.

The thing that pisses me off is all the Kjr douches who actually think UO was close if not for turnovers. newsflash our 3rd string was avg 10 yards a carry in the second half, Barner and Mariota could have scored 80 on UW if they wanted. Oh and the UW oline wasn't that good we just stopped rushing more then 2-3 guys after the first quarter to not give up a big fluke play.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:35 pm
  • Sark should be on the hot seat. He's simply not getting the job done.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:05 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:Don't buy the UW secondary hype, UO had guys open all night we just called off the dogs early. Wheaton will be open also.

The thing that pisses me off is all the Kjr douches who actually think UO was close if not for turnovers. newsflash our 3rd string was avg 10 yards a carry in the second half, Barner and Mariota could have scored 80 on UW if they wanted. Oh and the UW oline wasn't that good we just stopped rushing more then 2-3 guys after the first quarter to not give up a big fluke play.

Don't. Ever. Listen. To. KJR.

Unless you want your head filled with ridiculous logic from one Hugh Millen.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Next

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:12 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information