Thursday game (from Niners fan)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Thursday game (from Niners fan)
Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:42 pm
  • Tough, physical game. I think it's just a glimpse of what we have coming in the future. This kind of football is awesome to see. Lots of respect to the Hawks. Y'all have a good team. Things I think after seeing this (will keep it short)
    - Niners have best Oline in NFL, no one else close
    - Niners have best LBs in NFL, no one else close
    - Hawks have best secondary in NFL, no on else close
    - both teams have top 5 Dlines
    - both teams have stable of tough runningbacks (Lynch and Gore were warriors) can't believe Buffalo let him go
    - both teams could use some more WR talent. Although I think Niners Wrs core if including VD Are pretty good, just outclassed in this game by Hawks secondary
    - both teams have questions at qb. Although hawks have more of developmental issue that has good chance of improving. Niners know what they have in Smith. If he keeps turning ball over, he will be riding bench. IMO, Niners with Kaepernick will be VERY dangerous team.

Can't wait for the war coming in seattle in December. I have feeling it will be very meaningful game. Will come down to execution, minimizing mistakes and who wants it more. Good luck on rest of the season gentleman.
    DMH42
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Thursday game (from Niners fan)
Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:50 pm
  • classy first post mang, you join the very few niner faithful on this site that aren't spewing from both ends! Welcome..
    "When you're running at me like that and I'm running at you...It's gonna be a nasty scene" BAMBAM!!
    tooshort
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:53 pm
  • Took the words right out of my mouth tooshort. Also, pretty fair if not spot-on assessment imo.
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:05 pm
  • Pretty fair assessment. Our teams are quite evenly matched.

Hopefully, the rest of the season works out so that the game in December is meaningful.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:09 pm
  • Good post...can't disagree with anything you said.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:01 pm
  • LB are a push for both teams, other than that I agree
    "We have to focus with every challenge we get. The bigger, the better. The more hyped, the better. We keep doing what we're doing. Tough matchups on the road, high-profile games - we want that, we feed off that, we should be able to develop the discipline to deal with that." Pete Carroll
    Hawkfish
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:23 pm
  • Am I the only one annoyed by all the 9ers fans posting here? It's a fairly accurate post, but I hate your team, and don't care about your opinion of my team.
    SinCitySeahawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:48 pm
  • Good post and I agree with most of it but I am not as down on our receiving core as some, I think a big part of their appearance is a reflection of rookie struggles.

The big question is have the Seahawks overtaken the Niners? I don't think it is a question of if, I think it is a question of when and after the brutal stretch of games we just played to travel to San Fran and even keep it close, let alone making mistakes we rarely ever make. Don't get me wrong I am not the guy that say's our offense just had a bad day (ignoring the opposing defense likely played a large part in it) but we were making mistakes we normally don't like dropping more pass's in one game than the rest of the season and getting gashed up the middle like we have the 30th ranked defense against the run.

I know you have a good O-line and RB but I do think they benefitted from a team running on empty after playing 4 games in 25 datys and comming in 4 days after playing a very emotional game against that Patriots.

The big question is how are our rookies going to develop? Wagner is already looking very promising, Irvin show's some flash's of brilliance and if Wilson develop's the way he look like he might, we will be sitting pretty. The flip side of that coin is the Niners are aging. Not there yet but you have some key players looking at the other side of 30. I guess we'll see if you can draft for replacement but right now I would say our drafting is winning that battle.

Another concern you have is Alex Smith. He has been converting back to the Alex of old recently and the question of have teams figurd out how to play him is a big one. Maybe it's all the down field targets you brought in. Some (myself included) have speculated that bringing in guys who stretch the field for a guy who has always struggled at that exact thing is a questionable move. If he keeps getting picked off trying to utilize them it may just send him right back to the Alex of old.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:50 pm
  • SinCitySeahawk wrote:Am I the only one annoyed by all the 9ers fans posting here? It's a fairly accurate post, but I hate your team, and don't care about your opinion of my team.

I value the guys opinion, He came in with class ,respectful of Hawk fans and delivered a spot on assessment of his view of two very good teams in the NFCW..Whats not to like?
    BGHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:51 pm
  • Hawkfish wrote:LB are a push for both teams, other than that I agree

Disagree. Its tough to compare the two schemes. Hawks have nice talent at LB. Really think Wagner will turn into good player. However, Niners have HOF caliber MLB playing next to all pro MLB. Both in their primes. Aldon Smith could have been rookie of year last year. You could make argument that Niners have 3 of the top ten LBs in NFL. That is crazy. It's similar to the type of talent hawks have in secondary.
    DMH42
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:53 pm
  • SinCitySeahawk wrote:Am I the only one annoyed by all the 9ers fans posting here? It's a fairly accurate post, but I hate your team, and don't care about your opinion of my team.

Then don't click on the link.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:57 pm

Oh don't get me wrong. I hate your team too. However, I respect them. Especially the way they run the ball and play defense. It's like looking at evil twin of the Niners.
    DMH42
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:04 pm

No way LB are a push. Maybe next year if Wagner and Wright learn a few things and we replace Old Man Hill. Bowman might be better than Willis and Willis is one of the best LB in the league.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:04 pm
  • DMH42 wrote:
    SinCitySeahawk wrote:Am I the only one annoyed by all the 9ers fans posting here? It's a fairly accurate post, but I hate your team, and don't care about your opinion of my team.

Oh don't get me wrong. I hate your team too. However, I respect them. Especially the way they run the ball and play defense. It's like looking at evil twin of the Niners.

No, YOU'RE the evil twin! We're the good guys :)

It's good to have a nemesis. The better the bad guy, the greater he makes the hero. You're Darth Niner. We're Luke Seahawker and the Legion of Boom.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:09 pm
  • RichNhansom wrote:Good post and I agree with most of it but I am not as down on our receiving core as some, I think a big part of their appearance is a reflection of rookie struggles.

The big question is have the Seahawks overtaken the Niners? I don't think it is a question of if, I think it is a question of when and after the brutal stretch of games we just played to travel to San Fran and even keep it close, let alone making mistakes we rarely ever make. Don't get me wrong I am not the guy that say's our offense just had a bad day (ignoring the opposing defense likely played a large part in it) but we were making mistakes we normally don't like dropping more pass's in one game than the rest of the season and getting gashed up the middle like we have the 30th ranked defense against the run.

I know you have a good O-line and RB but I do think they benefitted from a team running on empty after playing 4 games in 25 datys and comming in 4 days after playing a very emotional game against that Patriots.

The big question is how are our rookies going to develop? Wagner is already looking very promising, Irvin show's some flash's of brilliance and if Wilson develop's the way he look like he might, we will be sitting pretty. The flip side of that coin is the Niners are aging. Not there yet but you have some key players looking at the other side of 30. I guess we'll see if you can draft for replacement but right now I would say our drafting is winning that battle.

Another concern you have is Alex Smith. He has been converting back to the Alex of old recently and the question of have teams figurd out how to play him is a big one. Maybe it's all the down field targets you brought in. Some (myself included) have speculated that bringing in guys who stretch the field for a guy who has always struggled at that exact thing is a questionable move. If he keeps getting picked off trying to utilize them it may just send him right back to the Alex of old.

All good points. I would point out that Niners had to play 4 days before too. A game that was an emotional a@$ beating from another tough rival team.

You might be right about Smith. The thing I would be more concerned about is the Niners benching Smith and having Kaepernick running the offense. He could change the dynamic of the team for years.
    DMH42
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:10 pm
  • BlueTalon wrote:
    SinCitySeahawk wrote:Am I the only one annoyed by all the 9ers fans posting here? It's a fairly accurate post, but I hate your team, and don't care about your opinion of my team.

Good job on contributing some substance to the topic. This is supposed to be a Seahawk forum, not a 49ers welcoming committee.
    SinCitySeahawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:17 pm
  • Good post. I agree with all of it except I would say top 5 defenses not D-lines. Should be fun in December.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:26 pm
  • hedgehawk wrote:Good post. I agree with all of it except I would say top 5 defenses not D-lines. Should be fun in December.

I agree with that too. Handful of great defenses right now. Niners, Hawks, Texans, Giants, Steelers. Ravens in mix (but really beat up). Cardinals (unfortunately) deserve to be mentioned too.
    DMH42
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:04 pm
  • SinCitySeahawk wrote:
    BlueTalon wrote:

Good job on contributing some substance to the topic. This is supposed to be a Seahawk forum, not a 49ers welcoming committee.

Actually we've always allowed current weeks opponent to come over and talk football and this damn sure is the current weeks opponent.

He's just having discussions about the difference between the teams what's wrong with that. Perhaps its you who should adjust your attitude a bit.

:roll:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:08 pm
  • SinCitySeahawk wrote:
    BlueTalon wrote:

You now have two posts in this thread that do not contribute any substance to the topic. If you don't like fans from other teams coming here and having a respectful football conversation, then I suggest you either (A) avoid such threads altogether, or (B) PM the mods for clarification of the policy regarding such visitors. Or PM them with a suggestion on how to better handle the situation, if you don't like how it's currently handled.

On topic... I agree, the Digit game at Clink will be a slobberknocker. And I believe it isn't going to be more than a year or two before all four teams in the NFCW are playing at a high level. Even this year, I think it is entirely possible for all four teams to win every divisional home game. (Has that ever happened?)
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:08 pm
  • All I know is,...........if this person's in a Fantasy League,..........the opposition is SCREWED.
    Paschtorian
    NET Rookie

Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:09 pm
  • SinCitySeahawk check your PMs. Top of page where it says new messages.

Radish
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:27 pm
  • Jeez, SinCity... Having visiting fans is a big part of having a team forum like .Net. I know that as well as anyone as I post forums every week for our membership to visit their forums. As long as visitors aren't blatent trolls, they are welcomed here, and enjoyed. They're just fans of their team... No more or less than we are of the Seahawks. This 9er fan was very respectful, and gave a fairly accurate opinion. Just 'cause they're not a Seahawks fan doesn't mean they're an asshole. Please, grow up a bit. Always remember... No matter how strong your feelings about it, it's still just a game.

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:55 pm
  • DMH42 wrote:Tough, physical game. I think it's just a glimpse of what we have coming in the future. This kind of football is awesome to see. Lots of respect to the Hawks. Y'all have a good team. Things I think after seeing this (will keep it short)
    - both teams have stable of tough runningbacks (Lynch and Gore were warriors) can't believe Buffalo let him go
    - both teams could use some more WR talent. Although I think Niners Wrs core if including VD Are pretty good, just outclassed in this game by Hawks secondary
    - both teams have questions at qb. Although hawks have more of developmental issue that has good chance of improving. Niners know what they have in Smith. If he keeps turning ball over, he will be riding bench. IMO, Niners with Kaepernick will be VERY dangerous team.

Can't wait for the war coming in seattle in December. I have feeling it will be very meaningful game. Will come down to execution, minimizing mistakes and who wants it more. Good luck on rest of the season gentleman.

Pretty good post but you can't be serious about Kaepernick can you? oh... you were serious. Sorry bout that... :stirthepot:
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:55 pm
  • I guess I was a little too harsh for the people in this forum. I apologize to those I offended. Maybe, we can start a knitting club with those wonderful fans from San Fran.
    SinCitySeahawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:16 pm
  • SinCitySeahawk wrote:I guess I was a little too harsh for the people in this forum. I apologize to those I offended. Maybe, we can start a knitting club with those wonderful fans from San Fran.

Run along then son. The grown ups are trying to have a conversation about football here.

I don't blame anyone else for his classless behavior. People like this are all over message boards. (even 49er boards :| ) He might just be down after loss. Trust me, I know how that feels. Felt it last Sunday.......
    DMH42
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:36 pm
  • BlueTalon wrote:
    SinCitySeahawk wrote:
    BlueTalon wrote:

On topic... I agree, the Digit game at Clink will be a slobberknocker. And I believe it isn't going to be more than a year or two before all four teams in the NFCW are playing at a high level. Even this year, I think it is entirely possible for all four teams to win every divisional home game. (Has that ever happened?)

I am trying to think of a time and I can't. All four of these teams could be in it until the end. I do think Niners will beat the Cards next Monday. They are tough on D, and I have nothing but respect for Fitzgerald, I just think Niners' s lines will wear them down over course of game. The rams game in st Louis will not be easy either.
    DMH42
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:41 am
  • We are sadly like the 49ers little brother. Teams built almost identically schematically. Suffocate with defense, pound with ground game and don't turn the ball over.

The key differences I do see are:

They have a better front 7 on d and we have a better secondary.

On O I think we have a better QB, but they have a superior o-line.

Anyway, like so many big brothers it seems like they can always do everything a little better. But then someday the little brother catches up and gets revenge, I think that time is near.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:08 am
  • That was a slobberknocker of a game.
    The digits imposed their will at their house for a short time and that was the difference. Credit fiery harbaugh and co..
    Monster linebackers with them. Still couldnt stop Beast Mode...the sad truth is we lose most of the roadgames until our hawks get more of an offensive id.

Gore has been huge. I had thought he wouldve been out of the league with knee injyries, but all he has done is lead all time for them.
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:42 am
  • BlueTalon wrote:

Ha no Sh*t good point
    TLD0550
    NET Starter

hmmmmmm
Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:52 am
  • it's easy, very easy, in fact, to be cordial after a win. If we would have beaten you would you be here posting the same things? Nope. Hope to see you post your thoughts after we win in December, baby girl.
    droop828
    NET Starter

Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:47 pm
  • DMH42 wrote:Tough, physical game. I think it's just a glimpse of what we have coming in the future. This kind of football is awesome to see. Lots of respect to the Hawks. Y'all have a good team. Things I think after seeing this (will keep it short)

Can't wait for the war coming in seattle in December. I have feeling it will be very meaningful game. Will come down to execution, minimizing mistakes and who wants it more. Good luck on rest of the

season gentleman.

Yeah ur oline is pretty good. They kept saying three first round picks. 10 years of semi crappy seasons will get you that tho. Now its coming together for SF. Gonna b tough to beat for awhile. We had that game in the first half. Couldn't capitilize on our opps. Beat ourselves there. Then SF adjusted and we got gassed and couldn't stop gore.

Would love to have seen what happened had our wr made the catches. Oh well. Figure we'll win all our home division games this year. Need SF to slip.up a couple times. We still have a young team. This is just a sign of good things to come
    "Beast mode was engaged, and when beast mode is engaged, no one can stop him"-- Some skins fan
    "I envy that hard hitting Seahawks D. Love the attitude they play with." Justblaze2729 Denver Fan
    Hawk4lyfe
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:09 pm

As MOST people have said here -- you most certainly are welcome. Contrary to popular belief of some ... there ARE actually 49ers fans out there who are intelligent and who aren't thugs. As I mentioned in the other 49er fan thread, my best friend is a 49ers fan. Our friendship goes back to the days of Montana and Rice and when the Seahawks were in the AFC West, so we've never thought of ourselves as being true rivals. It's always good when intelligent fans from other teams who aren't obnoxious or rude want to chime in. Here's my .02 on what you had to say ...

On the 49ers Offensive Line -- I'd have to agree that they are in the top 10. The absolute best though? I don't know. That Patriots team's offensive line was right up there. I said back in 2010 when the 49ers drafted Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati that this was a group to watch out for in a couple of years. That dominance was certainly on display on Thursday night. That O-Line is without a doubt the strength of the 49ers -- that's for sure.

On the 49ers LB's -- maybe, maybe. The Packers' Clay Matthews is special, but the rest of his group isn't nearly as dominant. Chicago's Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher aren't what they used to be. I'd say this Seahawks group IMO is definitely up there in the Top 10. K.J. Wright and Navorro Bowman are virtually the same guy. And it was former 49er fullback Michael Robinson who called rookie MLB Bobby Wagner a young Patrick Willis. But as far as the Niners LB's being the absolute best -- yeah, I might buy that.

On the Seahawks Secondary -- As you probably know, Richard Sherman (the only one of the starting 4 who didn't make the Pro Bowl last year) just might be the best CB in all of football right now. Going in to this weekend, he was leading the league in Passes Defensed. With the way he's playing right now, it looks like he could effectively cover the wind itself if asked to. I'd have to agree the Hawks Secondary right now is the best in the NFL.

On the Defensive Lines -- Absolutely. The D-Lines for both teams are certainly right up there (though yours certainly showed up to play on Thursday while ours -- specifically Mebane -- not so much).

On Lynch and Gore -- both guys certainly ARE tough and warrior-like. But if I were starting a team ... and you said I could have either Gore or Lynch ... I'd take Lynch in a heartbeat. In many ways, he reminds me of an Earl Campbell in terms of his sheer force of will, his Terminator-like tenacity, and the level of aggression he runs with. Don’t get me wrong – Gore is very good. It’s just given a choice, I’d take Lynch.

On the 2 WR Corps – you’re absolutely right. I’ve been saying that for some time now that the 49ers receivers are a true Achilles Heel of this team … and it’s become painfully obvious that the same thing goes for the Seahawks. If I’m John Schneider, I’m pouring major resources in to upgrading both the WR Corps and the Offensive Line. Hopefully they’ll have as good a luck in this upcoming draft in those 2 areas as they’ve had in terms of the defense.

Completely agreed as far as the QB’s are concerned. My 49ers friend LOVES to defend Alex Smith and I always tell him the exact same thing. Alex Smith AT BEST is an accurate passer who is a game manager. But, if you put pressure on him ... or if you need him to actually WIN a game for you -- he'll choke. IMO, Kaepernick is your future starter at QB. If I’m Harbaugh, I look to groom him to take over as starter possibly as soon as next season. On Wilson, he’s obviously a rookie. Some of the struggles he’s had can be attributed to his O-Line and WR … but others can simply be chalked up to rookie-itis. As I wrote to the other 49er fan … all the hubbub surrounding Wilson’s height is just that – talk without any real evidence to show that it’s truly an issue.

I completely agree that the December game up here in Seattle is going to be a war. Given the struggles that Alex Smith had in his own home stadium, I find it hard to believe that he’s going to improve on his performance at the CLINK. I totally agree that it’s going to come down to who wants to win more. Until then, Adieu.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:12 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:Good post...can't disagree with anything you said.

I can. I don't see it from Kaepernick. Otherwise, I agree on all points.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:07 am

YES!!!!! i welcome the opinions of the opposing fans... if they come in and are knowledgable and respectuful , i'll welcome them any time...

i agree for the most part with the post. your LB's much better group, our d line better, your o line better, our db's much better, q back, give you the edge for now, just due to inexperience, but in the long run, really think we have a winner in wilson.... coaching i give the edge to SF right now, our OC is killing us, and pete wants to be friends with everyone rather than fix the problem...

thanks for the ensightful post... see you at the CLink.....
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:27 am
  • hawker84 wrote:

YES!!!!! i welcome the opinions of the opposing fans... if they come in and are knowledgable and respectuful , i'll welcome them any time...

i agree for the most part with the post. your LB's much better group, our d line better, your o line better, our db's much better, q back, give you the edge for now, just due to inexperience, but in the long run, really think we have a winner in wilson.... coaching i give the edge to SF right now, our OC is killing us, and pete wants to be friends with everyone rather than fix the problem...

thanks for the ensightful post... see you at the CLink.....

I certainly agree with most of this. I would not say Seattle D-line better than 49ers. They are really close, just tough to compare because schemes are so different. I think Mebane would make great Niner if yall ever want to get rid of him. The Niner coaching staff has done stellar job, but IMO the real difference is GM Trent Baalke. He has done outstanding job bringing talent in.

Baalke draft and free agent homeruns: Iupati, A. Davis, Jonathan Goodwin, Bruce Miller, Kendall Hunter, Aldon Smith, Carlos Rogers, Donte Whitner, NaVorro Bowman, Larry Grant to name a few.

Has also brought in developmental talents like Kaepernick, LaMichael James, A. J. Jenkins and Chris Culliver (who I think will be niners top corner soon) that jury is still out on. They will get their respective opportunities to contribute for long term team success.
    DMH42
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:33 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:Good post...can't disagree with anything you said.

I can. I don't see it from Kaepernick. Otherwise, I agree on all points.

Maybe just some wishful thinking on my part, but I really like what I have seen from Kaepernick in limited playing time. Reminds me a lot of young, bigger Randall Cunningham. Both 2nd round picks from non-powerhouse schools, but dominating competition, both really raw coming out, used as back ups to somewhat limited qbs, at first used primarily in running packages, even his release and movement reminds me a lot of Cunningham. I guess we will see.
    DMH42
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:23 am
  • Hawkscanner wrote:
    DMH42 wrote:Tough, physical game. I think it's just a glimpse of what we have coming in the future. This kind of football is awesome to see. Lots of respect to the Hawks. Y'all have a good team. Things I think after seeing this (will keep it short)

As MOST people have said here -- you most certainly are welcome. Contrary to popular belief of some ... there ARE actually 49ers fans out there who are intelligent and who aren't thugs. As I mentioned in the other 49er fan thread, my best friend is a 49ers fan. Our friendship goes back to the days of Montana and Rice and when the Seahawks were in the AFC West, so we've never thought of ourselves as being true rivals. It's always good when intelligent fans from other teams who aren't obnoxious or rude want to chime in. Here's my .02 on what you had to say ...

On the 49ers Offensive Line -- I'd have to agree that they are in the top 10. The absolute best though? I don't know. That Patriots team's offensive line was right up there. I said back in 2010 when the 49ers drafted Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati that this was a group to watch out for in a couple of years. That dominance was certainly on display on Thursday night. That O-Line is without a doubt the strength of the 49ers -- that's for sure.

On the 49ers LB's -- maybe, maybe. The Packers' Clay Matthews is special, but the rest of his group isn't nearly as dominant. Chicago's Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher aren't what they used to be. I'd say this Seahawks group IMO is definitely up there in the Top 10. K.J. Wright and Navorro Bowman are virtually the same guy. And it was former 49er fullback Michael Robinson who called rookie MLB Bobby Wagner a young Patrick Willis. But as far as the Niners LB's being the absolute best -- yeah, I might buy that.

On the Seahawks Secondary -- As you probably know, Richard Sherman (the only one of the starting 4 who didn't make the Pro Bowl last year) just might be the best CB in all of football right now. Going in to this weekend, he was leading the league in Passes Defensed. With the way he's playing right now, it looks like he could effectively cover the wind itself if asked to. I'd have to agree the Hawks Secondary right now is the best in the NFL.

On the Defensive Lines -- Absolutely. The D-Lines for both teams are certainly right up there (though yours certainly showed up to play on Thursday while ours -- specifically Mebane -- not so much).

On Lynch and Gore -- both guys certainly ARE tough and warrior-like. But if I were starting a team ... and you said I could have either Gore or Lynch ... I'd take Lynch in a heartbeat. In many ways, he reminds me of an Earl Campbell in terms of his sheer force of will, his Terminator-like tenacity, and the level of aggression he runs with. Don’t get me wrong – Gore is very good. It’s just given a choice, I’d take Lynch.

On the 2 WR Corps – you’re absolutely right. I’ve been saying that for some time now that the 49ers receivers are a true Achilles Heel of this team … and it’s become painfully obvious that the same thing goes for the Seahawks. If I’m John Schneider, I’m pouring major resources in to upgrading both the WR Corps and the Offensive Line. Hopefully they’ll have as good a luck in this upcoming draft in those 2 areas as they’ve had in terms of the defense.

Completely agreed as far as the QB’s are concerned. My 49ers friend LOVES to defend Alex Smith and I always tell him the exact same thing. Alex Smith AT BEST is an accurate passer who is a game manager. But, if you put pressure on him ... or if you need him to actually WIN a game for you -- he'll choke. IMO, Kaepernick is your future starter at QB. If I’m Harbaugh, I look to groom him to take over as starter possibly as soon as next season. On Wilson, he’s obviously a rookie. Some of the struggles he’s had can be attributed to his O-Line and WR … but others can simply be chalked up to rookie-itis. As I wrote to the other 49er fan … all the hubbub surrounding Wilson’s height is just that – talk without any real evidence to show that it’s truly an issue.

I completely agree that the December game up here in Seattle is going to be a war. Given the struggles that Alex Smith had in his own home stadium, I find it hard to believe that he’s going to improve on his performance at the CLINK. I totally agree that it’s going to come down to who wants to win more. Until then, Adieu.

I can see some Campbell in Lynch. Dude was awesome on Thursday. No one runs on Niners like that. The one on one collisions with Justin Smith and Goldson were the reasons I love football (Goldson and Lynch are actually really good friends btw). It was tough running too. A lot of Lynch's runs came after contact. Gore and Hunter were getting holes ripped open for them.

Can't go against Gore though if putting team together. Dude is 49er hero.
    DMH42
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:40 am
  • DMH42 wrote: Gore and Hunter were getting holes ripped open for them.

Ugggghhh!! U would have to remind me of that. That, and our WR's catching some darn balls are the two corrections I'll be dying to see in game two.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:54 am
  • [quote="BlueThunder"]No more or less than we are of the Seahawks. This 9er fan was very respectful, and gave a fairly accurate opinion. Just 'cause they're not a Seahawks fan doesn't mean they're an asshole.quote]

Right, but being a Ninners fan does. ;) I kid, I kid.
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:37 am
  • DMH42 wrote:
    Hawkscanner wrote:
    DMH42 wrote:Tough, physical game. I think it's just a glimpse of what we have coming in the future. This kind of football is awesome to see. Lots of respect to the Hawks. Y'all have a good team. Things I think after seeing this (will keep it short)

I can see some Campbell in Lynch. Dude was awesome on Thursday. No one runs on Niners like that. The one on one collisions with Justin Smith and Goldson were the reasons I love football (Goldson and Lynch are actually really good friends btw). It was tough running too. A lot of Lynch's runs came after contact. Gore and Hunter were getting holes ripped open for them.

Can't go against Gore though if putting team together. Dude is 49er hero.

I don't know man... If I had to build a team today, and those were my two choices, I'd have to go with Lynch. Up until probably two years ago I'd have chosen Gore hands down... But his durability is a concern for me. Still though, averaging 5.8ypc is outstanding!
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:01 am
  • Gore is nursing sore ribs after #39 busted his ass. Hard. Rest up little man, you dont have to face this defense again until week 14.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:06 am
  • I think captain skybeard nailed it. We are currently like a smaller version of the niners. The 2 teams play in an identical way on both sides of the ball, but they are just a little better than us right now.

O-line...they are better at pass pro, quite similar in run blocking but niners have the edge still
    D-Line: Both stout on the run, think they get a little more pressure than us on passing though

Recievers: Both groups suck, how much of it is down to play calling though and poor QB play?

QB: Think we hold the ace there, think Wislon is going to be a star in this league. Give him time and he will shine in my opinion

RB: Quite similar but id take Lynch over Gore

LB: Niners have the best in the league in my opinion and if wright/Wagner can come close ill be happy. I dont think they are far away and they are only a rookie and 2nd year guy and will improve, and have been stellar most of the year

Secondry: Hawks have the best in the league hands down

All in all that was a battle on both sides of the ball. In the end the difference was the 2nd half adjustments made by the niners and the dropped catches by the hawks. We are right on their coat tails in terms of quality, and I believe next year will see us move another step closer to them. We have one of if not the youngest team in the league and will hopefully improve further going forwad
    glasgow seahawks
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:32 am
  • morgulon1 wrote:Gore is nursing sore ribs after #39 busted his ass. Hard. Rest up little man, you dont have to face this defense again until week 14.

Can't be that bad....I'm sure Gore will take it easy. Just as easy as week 16 not 14. Check your schedule first or did nervousness get to you already. See you then.
    Forty9iners
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:35 pm
  • glasgow seahawks wrote:I think captain skybeard nailed it. We are currently like a smaller version of the niners. The 2 teams play in an identical way on both sides of the ball, but they are just a little better than us right now.

O-line...they are better at pass pro, quite similar in run blocking but niners have the edge still
    D-Line: Both stout on the run, think they get a little more pressure than us on passing though

Recievers: Both groups suck, how much of it is down to play calling though and poor QB play?

QB: Think we hold the ace there, think Wislon is going to be a star in this league. Give him time and he will shine in my opinion

RB: Quite similar but id take Lynch over Gore

LB: Niners have the best in the league in my opinion and if wright/Wagner can come close ill be happy. I dont think they are far away and they are only a rookie and 2nd year guy and will improve, and have been stellar most of the year

Secondry: Hawks have the best in the league hands down

All in all that was a battle on both sides of the ball. In the end the difference was the 2nd half adjustments made by the niners and the dropped catches by the hawks. We are right on their coat tails in terms of quality, and I believe next year will see us move another step closer to them. We have one of if not the youngest team in the league and will hopefully improve further going forwad

By the way coaching was a huge factor. 9ners have the edge big time even if it is just a mental edge. W-L record against Harbaugh says it all.
    Looking forward to a rematch in Seattle for some home-cooking. :stirthepot: :thfight7:
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:27 pm
  • Classy opening post. I do think SF has the best run blocking O-line in the NFL, but pass blocking I'd give to New England hands down. Brady might be the only visiting QB all year who regularly gets 4-5 seconds to pass in Century Link Field.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:14 pm

This ^^^^^
    SeaWolv
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:26 pm
  • Nice olive branch extended by an obvious non bay area niners fan. I lived in Sacramento for ten years, I can tell.

I agree with your observations regarding each teams strengths. Our line backer play has sagged for, welp, a long time. Your QB hit his ceiling when he was drafted so.....lets make a deal. Flynn for Willis. Straight up. Tomorrow.
    irocdave
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:59 pm
  • SeaWolv wrote:
    Hawkfish wrote:LB are a push for both teams, other than that I agree

This ^^^^^

Hilarious
    Ninerguy
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:20 pm
  • Forty9iners wrote:
    morgulon1 wrote:Gore is nursing sore ribs after #39 busted his ass. Hard. Rest up little man, you dont have to face this defense again until week 14.

Can't be that bad....I'm sure Gore will take it easy. Just as easy as week 16 not 14. Check your schedule first or did nervousness get to you already. See you then.

No man, I'm really nervous. So nervous I got the schedule wrong. Ya douche'.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:10 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information