I still only see one thing wrong with this team

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
Your right Sam the part of the team that flew like eagles in the first half of the Dallas game was our special teams. Got us all those points early while our offense was being offensive.

:les:

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":r5fgxipt said:
Hamhawk":r5fgxipt said:
I think youth really shows up on road games,....facing adversity is best served with game experience

The offense is most affected for road games. Dealing with crowd noise and a jacked up defense are the biggest hurdles to winning on the road.

This is why it's important to not make mistakes, and have an experienced QB that's been there before and can lead an offense. We didn't have either of these things........which equals loss.

We don't have that on the roster. (yet) It also doesn't hurt to catch what's thrown to you either. ;)

TLD0550

Reaction score
The Radish":16id4e7t said:
From our ability to not score points we looked like the Mariners last night.

yea they often get there asses beat 13-6 dont they lol

OP
OP
The Radish

The Radish

Reaction score
TLD0550":1jtcsi7q said:
The Radish":1jtcsi7q said:

yea they often get there asses beat 13-6 dont they lol

No not really. What I meant was the Ms have a terrible offense also and frequently score 1 or 2 runs which is about like the Seahawks getting 2 field goals from inside the 20.

:roll:

kearly

Reaction score
Playing four quarters of your best football every game is I think an unrealistic expectation. The 49ers and Cardinals are in the same boat- they have about 1-2 quarters of poor play every game, but they still win because they keep the damage under control when they are playing off. Teams like the Patriots and Packers rarely string together 4 good quarters, but it's okay because if they give up 10, 14, or even 17 unanswered, they have the offense to get them back in the game.

The Seahawks right now are a team on the precipice of greatness, but they are not great yet. That's why those stretches of ineffectiveness seem to hurt them more than teams like SF.

I think it really just boils down to the offense needing to gel and grow. Russell Wilson is not the problem, and yet he is the problem. He is playing well for a rookie, but he's still a rookie and it's held this team back. It's just something we'll have to deal with, and hopefully he enjoys the same kind of second season bounce that Ponder and Dalton are enjoying this year.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":26c9d2pl said:
Hamhawk":26c9d2pl said:
I think youth really shows up on road games,....facing adversity is best served with game experience

The offense is most affected for road games. Dealing with crowd noise and a jacked up defense are the biggest hurdles to winning on the road.

This is why it's important to not make mistakes, and have an experienced QB that's been there before and can lead an offense. We didn't have either of these things........which equals loss.

Dissagree with your post Sgt Largent, Russell Wilson IS a leader IMHO and he put those passes right where they needed to be.
He did throw an unexcusable int into triple coverage yet I have to say that Tate , Turbin, Moore absolutely HAVE to make thoses catches in the first half. If they wouldve done their jobs we probably go into the 2nd half with a lead.

The whole complexion of the game changes.

Think of it like this.... what if Marty McFly doesnt get into the DeLorean and go to that high school dance and help his dad pork his mom? Yeah, thats right. Biff rapes McFlys mom and history as we know it is altered.

Don't let my man Russell Wilson become McFly's mom .

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1yyex9u1 said:
MLOhawks":1yyex9u1 said:
I cant understand why we don't have a scheme to keep someone in the middle to take away these maddening dink/dunk/check down/slant crap that NE and SF roasted us on.

In the 4-3 defensive scheme, it's up to your LB's to cover backs out of the backfield. For some reason last night K.J. and Wagner thought it was more important to help cover Davis downfield, than to hold their position for checkdowns.

The question is why didn't Bradley recognize this and tell them to stop it after the 4th or 5th time?

Idk it seemed like they were having the LBs play the intermediate 7 yard zone coverage. But their diagnosing of who is coming out of the back field and if they were going to be open and where they were going seemed to be a few seconds slow because the 49ers were bringing all 3 guys out of those full house sets up through the middle and then splitting them off underneath. one middle, one right and another going left damn near every time.

Uffda

Reaction score
The Radish":1j9qfyij said:

No reason to be mean.

True though as it as.

We can't drop passes like those the other day, just don't attempt that many per game so when they go incomplete you'll really notice them more.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
kearly":3gi1m699 said:
Playing four quarters of your best football every game is I think an unrealistic expectation. The 49ers and Cardinals are in the same boat- they have about 1-2 quarters of poor play every game, but they still win because they keep the damage under control when they are playing off. Teams like the Patriots and Packers rarely string together 4 good quarters, but it's okay because if they give up 10, 14, or even 17 unanswered, they have the offense to get them back in the game.

The Seahawks right now are a team on the precipice of greatness, but they are not great yet. That's why those stretches of ineffectiveness seem to hurt them more than teams like SF.

I think it really just boils down to the offense needing to gel and grow. Russell Wilson is not the problem, and yet he is the problem. He is playing well for a rookie, but he's still a rookie and it's held this team back. It's just something we'll have to deal with, and hopefully he enjoys the same kind of second season bounce that Ponder and Dalton are enjoying this year.

How true. Most people keep forgetting that the first go around is always the toughest. There's no substitute for actually playing the games and being in the critical scenarios Wilson was in.
Even though Flynn isn't a rookie he's pretty much in the same boat as Wilson knowing he's not played against all the defenses we will have faced. Look how vastly improved Ponder has been for the Vikes this year and he has less ceiling than Russell Wilson.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":15ibp238 said:
Youth. 1 rookie LB, 1 sophomore LB. 2 'sophomore' CBs. 1 rookie DE. Rookie QB and an offensive line that gets mix 'n matched more than a six pack. The list goes on. We have a lot of growing up to do. (Whereas a team like the 49ers is in their window because they're mostly all on the tail end of their prime years.)

My thoughts exactly. Considering the youth on this team, don't be shocked if we continue this schizo play..up and down, and possibly ending the year trending downwards despite increased experience and improved continuity. This is an emotional bunch and emotion is the mother of fatigue.

I just made that last part up. Emotion might just be the cousin of fatigue. Unsure.

djb28

Reaction score
If our D wasn't on the field so much, The other team wouldn't have so much time to find our weakness!