why isn't this being talked about.. chop block? first down?

The Radish

Reaction score
Meeker":34kppd16 said:
I thought the ball passed the first down marker and the penalty was obviously bad....but I don't think we would have gotten down the field anyways...so it doesn't really bother me.

My friend I see your point. But if he had been beyond the marker we wouldn't be having this conversation would we? lol

Course the penalty makes all that moot anyway. And sadly moot points were the only kind we could get last evening.

:les:

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
As far as the chop. It was bullshit. The first down? I was very unhappy with Ben's effort on that. Reach the damn ball out and get the first down. But the B.S. call of a chop ruined the game anyways on what "could" have been a first down if Obo had reached out all the way.

razor150

Reaction score
Kelly.Orr":174c1ivb said:
As far as the chop. It was bullshit. The first down? I was very unhappy with Ben's effort on that. Reach the damn ball out and get the first down. But the B.S. call of a chop ruined the game anyways on what "could" have been a first down if Obo had reached out all the way.

He couldn't reach, look how his arm is held be the defender. By the time he has the ball secured in his left hand 2 more defenders had showed up. The problem is that Obo wasn't beyond the first down marker in the first place. He should have been.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
razor150":62k2i37w said:
Kelly.Orr":62k2i37w said:

He couldn't reach, look how his arm is held be the defender. By the time he has the ball secured in his left hand 2 more defenders had showed up. The problem is that Obo wasn't beyond the first down marker in the first place. He should have been.

Yeah i see that but i still think he had time to reach out after the intial defender's hand slips to his waist. It is a small window but i still think he had a chance to reach out a little more than he did. They marked it about 2 inches short with the ruling on the field so idk. Doesn't really matter we lost anyway.

sutz

Reaction score
Chop block was a bad call IMHO.

IIRC, Obo was actually bobbling the ball and trying to maintain possession as he went down and couldn't reach out for the line.

And, yes, he should have run the route deeper. :229031_shrug: