Sidney Rice Outburst

sa_seahawker

Reaction score
I thinks that it's just that Seattle appears to equate to a death sentence for WRs. Seattle has managed to bring in great WRs over the years but they never pan out as hoped (IE Branch, TO, the $8M punt returner Burleson). Also, I hate to admit it, but Rice and Edwards haven't really been winning me over that much. Although I seem to have been developing a man-crush on Tate ever since the Sean Lee hit. :mrgreen:

pehawk

Reaction score
If it was about Wilson, then Sydney's offbase. It's not like Sydney's been a model of consistency since arriving. He's played better the past few weeks, but before that, he got hurt or made boneheaded plays.

TaterHawk

Reaction score
They will be fine, though we could use a little more swag at the receiver positions. Rice should be pissed.

PC should start practice this week with Sherman as a wideout, and Thomas in the slot with Flynn at QB.. :stirthepot:

Give the starting offense a little wake up call :shock:

mikeak

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":qbfm692a said:
Hawksfanatik":qbfm692a said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":qbfm692a said:
Russell Wilson on twitter, "The weak look at adversity and crumble... The strong keep working, fighting, and know adversity simply is opportunity."

Aaron Curry had cool inspirational quotes too, where did that get him?

A Wilson-Curry comparison....cool, we haven't had that yet.

:spaz:

They both played in the ACC - the similarities are eerie :D

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1zllys8j said:
Schadie001":1zllys8j said:
PC said in the press conf. that it was because he thought he had been illegally contacted and didn't get a call.

This is 100 percent pure crap and damage control by Pete. He was in Wilson's ear something FIERCE about the ball not coming his way. I will have to say that Rice was WIDE open on the play that he was pissed off about, and it ended up in an interception for Edwards. However, there is a better way to handle that situation than what Rice did. Heat of the moment in my opinion.
I was about to post the same thing. Pete is covering Wilsons astroturf. Rice was wide open and I didn't see anyone get in his way. He got in Wilson's ear afterwards though.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":c4ckpmn4 said:
Schadie001":c4ckpmn4 said:
PC said in the press conf. that it was because he thought he had been illegally contacted and didn't get a call.

This is 100 percent pure crap and damage control by Pete. He was in Wilson's ear something FIERCE about the ball not coming his way. I will have to say that Rice was WIDE open on the play that he was pissed off about, and it ended up in an interception for Edwards. However, there is a better way to handle that situation than what Rice did. Heat of the moment in my opinion.

Yea no kidding, if you believe PC here I have some really great snake oil to sell you. Rice is an NFL WR in an offense that cannot move the ball through the air against good defenses. Of course it pisses him off to not get throws when he thinks he is open. It probably was killing him in the second half as things got more and more bleak. He just let his frustration boil over after the terrible interception. He is a competitor and a pro though, it will be ok I'm sure.

JKent82

Reaction score
sa_seahawker":2sntl3xo said:
Seattle has managed to bring in great WRs over the years but they never pan out as hoped (IE Branch, TO, the $8M punt returner Burleson).

HAHAHAHAHA

Great recievers, hahahahahahahahahaha, cough, hahahaaahaaaaaa ha ha....

phew got that out.

Back on topic.

He's showing fire, if was bitching after a td or a first down then its primadonna. I don't think its the worst thing to occasionally say feed the ball, ya missed me. I like seeing that a little more than head down back to huddle. Theres other ways to deal with it, but I can't hate that too much coming from our #1 reciever. Sid wants to win, and he wants it bad, thats a good thing.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm OK with the outburst, it means Rice cares.

My guess is he was open on the play and because Wilson was running for his life he threw it into triple coverage and the pass was picked. That interception was as much the O-Lines fault as it was Wilson's.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2hli92ya said:
I give him a pass for last night because the game is much different if passes aren't dropped, but he's been missing open guys all year. Hard to blame anyone else but him for that.

Whether he becomes what we hope he will or not will depend nearly entirely on his ability to stop missing open guys.....as in read defenses correctly. It is far and away the number one skill that good and great QBs posess. None get it right all the time, but the good/great ones do very, very often. I'm hoping with experience he'll get there. Likely we'll know if he has by later next season.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Wilson will be fine, IMO. I think he has to trust what he sees and react to it. You see him double clutching on screens. I think he is afraid of throwing a pick. He's gonna have to stick it into tight windows and trust his receivers. The problem is the drops.

Drops cost us the game against the Cards. Drops cost us having a great chance last night.

People were complaining about Wilson throwing the ball high. Now, he's putting it on guys hands and they simply drop them.

BTW - seems like every other game I watch with Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, etc., the announcers rave when they throw a ball high and let the receiver go get it. They say it's the only spot that only the receiver had a chance. Wilson probably has thrown the ball too high a few times, but my main point is that we absolutely grill him for any imperfection. He is a rookie, he's not going to be perfect.

manders2600

Reaction score
Schadie001":3af1uhiz said:

He probably needs to come up with something better. Watching that play again, Rice never actually gets touched by anyone at any point in his route, not even a hand-check.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawksfanatik":3k4r4oid said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":3k4r4oid said:
Russell Wilson on twitter, "The weak look at adversity and crumble... The strong keep working, fighting, and know adversity simply is opportunity."

Yeah, Wilson could have just pissed and moaned about those FIVE drops that were very catchable balls, but he didn't.
Hell, Smiths Receivers were making MOST of their catches when the balls were within their range, Brady had how many yards passing?

They're called Receivers for a pretty simple reason,,You don't win many games when you drop FIVE key passes. Turbin has been praised by a bunch of fans here on .NET for having good hands, but he too missed a chance of taking one to the house.

So let's just blame the Offense instead :34853_doh:

kearly

Reaction score
Hawksfanatik":3cnsgc58 said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":3cnsgc58 said:

Like what quotes exactly? The Aaron Curry I remember was about as eloquent as Bruce Irvin.

As far as Rice goes, I don't know the whole story, but he's always struck me as being one of the quietest, LEAST diva type personalities on the team.

edogg23

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2hpvdhtx said:
I'm OK with the outburst, it means Rice cares.

My guess is he was open on the play and because Wilson was running for his life he threw it into triple coverage and the pass was picked. That interception was as much the O-Lines fault as it was Wilson's.
I personally disagree. The line gave him time for a 50 yard pass. He had plenty of time to find rice up the middle if he could see him.

HansGruber

Reaction score
All the comments about missing open receivers just makes me laugh after listening to Warren Moon talk about that point. Its easy to criticize from the couch, having a widescreen view of the field from above. I'll leave it at that.

I'm not worried about Wilson. He's gonna have good weeks and bad, and the fact that multiple HOF QBs have gone on record giving him an ok to good grade for a rookie means a whole lot more to me than the hysterical overreactions of panicked or exuberant fans. Not a single one of us has a truly educated or objective opinion of the kid. Its time to relax and go along for the ride, thats all we can do and thats where I'm at with it.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HansGruber":247kfpea said:
All the comments about missing open receivers just makes me laugh after listening to Warren Moon talk about that point. Its easy to criticize from the couch, having a widescreen view of the field from above. I'll leave it at that.

I'm not worried about Wilson. He's gonna have good weeks and bad, and the fact that multiple HOF QBs have gone on record giving him an ok to good grade for a rookie means a whole lot more to me than the hysterical overreactions of panicked or exuberant fans. Not a single one of us has a truly educated or objective opinion of the kid. Its time to relax and go along for the ride, thats all we can do and thats where I'm at with it.

Not these guys...they hust HAFTA say something, cuz they KNOW.

Latest posts