Hypothetical poll: Flynn vs TJack

If we'd never drafted RW, which QB would have given us the best chance to win?

• Matt Flynn

Votes: 48 80.0%
  • Tarvaris Jackson

Votes: 12 20.0%

• Total voters

kidhawk

Reaction score
The Radish":132tu7zh said:
Why are we having a poll about a player that isn't even on this team this season?

:roll:

Didn't you see? It's a secret OP...If he tells you he may have to kill you shhhhhhhhhhhhhh :stirthepot:

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I would say the following.

If Tjax had started all 7 this year we would have been 3-4
If Flynn had started all 7 this year we would have been 2-5

Just my opinion, so please don't get upset people.

The Radish

Reaction score
Its hard for me to be upset about something I have no interest in and can't imagine anyone a fan of todays team having any.

This is about as interesting as having a poll whether Wendy or Tinkerbell got it off with Peter Pan. (yes this is a trick question) But we have as much info about that as we do this poll.

:roll:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I have no idea how Matt Flynn would do as our starter this season so I can't honestly answer the poll. I do think that what we have right now in Russell Wilson is about what we had in TJ! last year. This difference is that RW is smarter and appears to have much more upside and potential where chances are TJ! isn't going to be able to give you much more than we've already seen.

I believe this is a playoff team no matter which one of those guys is under center.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I can't wait to see what kind of crappy logic trap is being set up by this thread.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
pinksheets":j7k0yhys said:
I can't wait to see what kind of crappy logic trap is being set up by this thread.

He's gonna tell us where TJ! was at last year statistically and how close it is to where RW is right now and that will prove once and for all that Matt Flynn should indisputably be our starting QB.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1c60k95s said:
pinksheets":1c60k95s said:

He's gonna tell us where TJ! was at last year statistically and how close it is to where RW is right now and that will prove once and for all that Matt Flynn should indisputably be our starting QB.
This is where I post an animated GIF of the Scanners headsplosion.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
pinksheets":2js5nqu4 said:
Zebulon Dak":2js5nqu4 said:
pinksheets":2js5nqu4 said:

This is where I post an animated GIF of the Scanners headsplosion.

Well hopefully he won't do that but it's hard to imagine anywhere else this thread could be going.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
For those wondering:

Tarvaris Jackson first 7 games last season: 2-5 record, 1556 yards passing, 6 TD, 9 INT
Russell Wilson first 7 games this season: 4-3 record, 1230 yards passing, 8 TD, 7 INT

mistaowen

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":mypekpxv said:
For those wondering:

Tarvaris Jackson first 7 games last season: 2-5 record, 1556 yards passing, 6 TD, 9 INT
Russell Wilson first 7 games this season: 4-3 record, 1230 yards passing, 8 TD, 7 INT

TRADE FOR REX GROSSMAN

SonicHawk

Reaction score
This is a stupid thread.

What if we had drafted Tom Brady, do you think we should have started him?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":4zxksnrz said:
For those wondering:

Pretty impressive for RW.

Go Hawks!!

jawilljr

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":177rnj6m said:
For those wondering:

Look at Jackson's last seven games last year

4-3 record, 1318 yards passing, 8 TD, 4 INT

Source

Except for yards passing, everything else improved. He even beat Chicago in Chicago.

I would have kept Jackson for at least one more year, because he did improve late in the season.

Jerry

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Flynn's best asset would have been his quick short passes probably managing more first downs than run, run, 3rd and 5 pass Bevell has been calling. Although Flynn would get ride of the ball faster than T-Jax he can't take a hit as well and doesn't have the mobility the T-Jax has. I think we be a more pass oriented team with Flynn than T-Jax but I think Flynn would have thrown more picks as teams wouldn't be scared of his deep ball and would start jumping routes.

So I go with Flynn. I'd say with Flynn or T-Jax we would have probably beat Arizona, Flynn would have beat GB as he'd be motivated but T-Jax would have lost that game, and both would have lost vs NE.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
What is there to say? With Tjack there is not threat of a deep ball whatsoever and you know without a doubt he is going to throw at least 2 picks a game and not do anything in the 4th if we need him to.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Kelly.Orr":3rkxp6f0 said:
What is there to say? With Tjack there is not threat of a deep ball whatsoever and you know without a doubt he is going to throw at least 2 picks a game and not do anything in the 4th if we need him to.

With Flynn there wouldnt be one either. Plus I'm sure if Flynn was starting we'd have the same jokesters yelling for Wilson because the offense would be stale with the short passing game. Doesn't seem like some people will be happy until Wilson develops and reaches his peak, or we get the once in a lifetime guy which probably never will happen.

AVL

Reaction score
My opinion is that polls should have STFU! or None of the Above options listed at the bottom.

edit; Nothing personal, I feel the same way about election ballets.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Is it just me or does the concerns with Flynn's deep game get over-played or over-exaggerated? The way people talk around here so often about it you'd think the guy can only throw it 10 yards or less.