Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: The Golden Tate thread.
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:32 pm 
NET Veteran

That AWESOME performance by Golden Tate tonight? PATHETIC

Post subject: Drops, Drops, Drops & Tate....
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:33 pm 
* PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

...for the loss...PERIOD, end of story !!

:pukeface:

GO HAWKS !!

Post subject: Re: How about???
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

Nothing new. He catches easy passes, but is way too inconsistent.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post subject: Anyone sick of golden tates attitude?
NET Veteran

I'm not digging it.

Post subject: Re: How about???
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:34 pm 
NET Veteran

missed assignments too.

Post subject: Re: The Golden Tate thread.
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:37 pm 
NET Veteran

That beauty from Rice last week. Dropped that too.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:39 pm 
NET Starter

He won't win a spot on next year's roster.

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
:: Theodore Roosevelt

NET Veteran

He's never been that good.

NET Starter

Dude can't catch with his hands.

NET Starter

He catches easy passes? Are you blind? He drops as many as he catches. The ball hits him in the hands so often only to be dropped or bounce off. He needs to be gone.

* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

He can't catch with his hands. The guy is a bum.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:40 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Zero effort on everything

But he did steal us the Green Bay game

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:43 pm 
NET Veteran

Golden Tate has a tough game and everyone says he's pathetic. I can't understand how so many on here hop on AND off the bandwagon and so quickly. Do you think #81 needs our support as fans? Players have bad nights. Tate won us a game a couple of weeks ago with a spectacular last second play.

I don't agree with the chicken little mentality around here at times.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:46 pm 
NET Starter

morgulon1 wrote:
Golden Tate has a tough game and everyone says he's pathetic. I can't understand how so many on here hop on AND off the bandwagon and so quickly. Do you think #81 needs our support as fans? Players have bad nights. Tate won us a game a couple of weeks ago with a spectacular last second play.

He also had a couple passes hit him in the hands during the GB game and not come up with the catch. He is hot and cold, we need somebody who is consistent...thats not Tate.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:48 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *

morgulon1 wrote:

I opposed the Tate pick since the moment it was made. He's averaged 2 catches per game since he got here. A few clutch catches here and there, totally insufficient at the bread-and-butter aspects of being a receiver. Baldwin's a small dude and still opens up the offense far more by running good routes.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:52 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

It's sickening to see him put his hands on his hips, head cocked to the side, staring at the ref on the sideline with a glare that is begging for a P.I. call ..... on almost every dang ball thrown his way. Smdh.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:52 pm 
* PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

morgulon1 wrote:

It wasn't just Tate tonight....
Turbin, Evan Moore ??

FG's instead of TD's is what did us in.....can't do it against good teams.....we all know this
It's just the frustration of:
would've
should've
could've......
:141847_bnono:

GO HAWKS !!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:53 pm 
NET Starter

Well, I suppose one way of evaluating him is to compare his salary to his production versus the rest of the roster. He's the 4th highest paid, making less than 1/10th the highest paid (Sidney Rice).

http://www.spotrac.com/top-salaries/nfl ... -receiver/

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
:: Theodore Roosevelt

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:01 pm 
NET Veteran

To play devil's advocate, he is leading the team in touchdowns. He definitely played horrible tonight, though.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:03 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

I dont know why everyone is so high on Tate. He has showed nothing since he got here, maybe only at practice but when it comes to game day he does not show up. Seattle can throw him in the mix if we trade for Bowe!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:33 pm 
NET Veteran

How many great WRs have come out of Notre Dame? Tim Brown and......? Not too frikin many. Didn't like the pick then, hate it now. He's an arrogant little asshat and I hope we move him in the off-season. I'd take a 5th and a box of raisins for him. We need Oline help and hands. Both will be accessable this off-season, we will still be young but more experienced. If you thought we were going to win the SB this year, be pissed. I think we are 2 years away so understand losses like this are par for the course. Our weakness' are not many...just definite.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:38 am 
NET Starter

I thought Tate on offense and K.J Wright on defense both turned in horrible games.

Also Evan Moore drops everything he needs to be released.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:47 am 
* NET Radish *

SuperFreak wrote:
I thought Tate on offense and K.J Wright on defense both turned in horrible games.

Also Evan Moore drops everything he needs to be released.

Funny, I thought Wright was one of the few bright spots on D tonight. he broke up several plays all by himself tonight.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:58 am 
NET Veteran

MontanaHawk05 wrote:
Baldwin's a small dude and still opens up the offense far more by running good routes.

...and now he's out with an ankle injury...that bodes well for all of the W's we're supposed to get during the 'cakewalk' portion of our schedule. Nothing like fate giving our remaining opponents more of a chance.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:13 am 
NET Starter

I'd like to see Charlie Martin back in there. Anybody know if he's healthy to play? Dude can catch a ball, uses nice extension and catches with his hands.

It sucks that Baldwin is out, but I'm all for more Edwards and Martin, if this is the case. Braylon has been working hard since joining our team, and has come up big. They need to play him more.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:18 am 
NET Practice Squad

I don't mean to pile on here but I thought one of the real turning points of the game tonight was Tate's drop on our opening drive in the seond half. We had the Whiners on their heels after they got penalized for lining up over our long snapper, Douche bag Harbaugh going nuts on the sidelines, have a 3rd and 2 near midfield, Tate is untoiuched across the middle, Wilson puts it on his numbers and he drops it. Killed the drive and I think it killed the momentum we were building.

The play that might have p!ssed me off the most was his horrible attempt at blocking on the WR screen to Obomanu. Tate totally whiffed and instead of trying to help Obo, he just stood there while Ben was getting squashed by 3 Whiners.

I mean, it's not a crime to miss a block but don't just stand there while the play is still going and your teammate is getting pummelled. Kinda ticked me off with that play.

Anyway, hopefully Tate and everyone else will bounce back next week!!!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:28 am 
NET Ring Of Honor

He had a bad game as did MANY Seahawks. I am not going to rag on him.

He won us two ball games and all of you have forgotten that and simply want to use Tate as a scapegoat.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:31 am 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

I've seen enough of the Golden Tate experiment. The inconsistent receivers make the fans suffer terribly. We waited half a decade for KRob to become more consistent and nope, never did. I'm trying to remember when a guy started out inconsistent with route running and catching the ball and somehow magically fixed that at some point. I don't know that we have a better option right now so I'm fine with him being out there but this is the position of need going into next offseason and I do not want to see Tate's butt in a Seahawk uni next year.

I don't want to hear it about how fans are fickle on the guy from week to week. You don't see fans doing the same thing with Rice or Baldwin from week to week because they are good receivers who have their heads on straight, at least in terms of being able to catch the freaking football. Ugh.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:58 am 
NET Rookie

Seahawks1Fan wrote:

The play that might have p!ssed me off the most was his horrible attempt at blocking on the WR screen to Obomanu. Tate totally whiffed and instead of trying to help Obo, he just stood there while Ben was getting squashed by 3 Whiners.

I mean, it's not a crime to miss a block but don't just stand there while the play is still going and your teammate is getting pummelled. Kinda ticked me off with that play.

That one still has me ticked. Wouldn't wanna be him while the team is watching film of that play. He should feel like the ultimate asshat.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:12 am 
NET Veteran

There's just something about Tate that bothers me. The way he carries himself seems to say, "I don't give a crap."

He's great at leaping up to grab Hail Marys but he's useless as a consistent receiving threat. Once we get a true #1 receiver in here and demote Sydney Rice to #2 position, Tate will be gone.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:13 am 
NET Starter

I'm not high on Tate, but I don't understand why everyone is so quick to drop him? From what I have seen from him, except for last night, he has been a factor in all the games we have played thus far. He has made some crucial catches when we needed him to and he is leading the team in TD. I'm just not so quick to let him go so soon. We are 4-3 right now (alot better than I expected us to be with this tough schedule) no need to panic.

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:21 am 
NET Veteran

Never liked him. Always got the douchey-bro vibe off of him. More interested in getting his rod wet than playing football.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:40 am 
NET Veteran

Let me qualify this statement by saying I hope he improves. He's shown ability. You never have to like a guy even though he's on the team you support.

Slick wrote:
Never liked him. Always got the douchey-bro vibe off of him. More interested in getting his rod wet than playing football.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:58 am 
NET Practice Squad

Seahawks1Fan wrote:
I don't mean to pile on here but I thought one of the real turning points of the game tonight was Tate's drop on our opening drive in the seond half. We had the Whiners on their heels after they got penalized for lining up over our long snapper, Douche bag Harbaugh going nuts on the sidelines, have a 3rd and 2 near midfield, Tate is untoiuched across the middle, Wilson puts it on his numbers and he drops it. Killed the drive and I think it killed the momentum we were building.

Not one of, THE turning point. Then he has the nerve to say this after the game.

"We've got to figure something out. We've got to figure out a way to get it done," Seahawks receiver Golden Tate said. "The season's not over. We still have a long way to go, so we can't let this set us back. I think we still have the chance to be a real special team."

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/article ... z29kzwGdBa

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:44 am 
NET Veteran

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:46 am 
NET Rookie

The game momentum completely changed after that drop. If he catches that I think it's a different game.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:51 am 
NET Veteran

morgulon1 wrote:

agreed rough game for him , moving on.... and let's not forget, he's got one of the best hit's of the year for us, just ask the cowboys.. heh heh heh

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:08 am 
NET Veteran

Tate catches that ball on 3rd down in the second half it's 9-3 at halftime with us getting the ball back

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:38 am 
NET Veteran

He had a tough game for sure but I sure love his intensity and attitude. He's a gamer. I'm not sure why the drops, it seemed like he fixed that last season when he was highly ranked for low number of drops. Up until this game I thought he had really turned a corner but back to the drawing board. I am confident he will still be a big contributor for us this season.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:12 am 
NET Veteran

One word.

REPLACEABLE.

Go Hawks.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:29 am 
NET Veteran

Wow, I was under the impression alot of fans thought he was some kind of play-maker as does PC. This is the only pick that I have hated at the time this FO drafted. I thought 2nd round was ridiculous for this guy. Even then I just said ok, they must see something. He is so over rated it's unbelievable. He is even worse than I thought he would be. At first I thought he could be a decent player that was drafted way too high... but he isn't even that.

What bothers me the most is that PC is under the illusion that Tate is this big-time game-changing play-maker and they keep forcing the issue and we have enough problems on offense as is. OK, done, just have been wanting to say that for a long time but thought it was just me.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:43 am 
NET Rookie

Shane Falco wrote:
Wow, I was under the impression alot of fans thought he was some kind of play-maker as does PC. This is the only pick that I have hated at the time this FO drafted. I thought 2nd round was ridiculous for this guy. Even then I just said ok, they must see something. He is so over rated it's unbelievable. He is even worse than I thought he would be. At first I thought he could be a decent player that was drafted way too high... but he isn't even that.

What bothers me the most is that PC is under the illusion that Tate is this big-time game-changing play-maker and they keep forcing the issue and we have enough problems on offense as is. OK, done, just have been wanting to say that for a long time but thought it was just me.

This is exactly the same way I felt all along.
Also, I just don't like his attitude towards the refs when things don't go his way.
He's like a whiney little bitch.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:20 am 
NET Veteran

Seahawks1Fan wrote:

This. On the next series I said there's no way that Pete would let him back on the field, but there he was. I'm still pissed.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:26 am 
NET Veteran

so what are we saying here? that Tate doesn't block, doesn't catch balls, and doesn't have big play ability to warrant a 2nd round pick?

yeah, he sucked for a game. but he is an extremely good blocker, he rarely drops balls and he certainly plays light out when he is in the position to do so (including this year). we all have bad days. we sometimes f*ck up the most basic things and we feel embarassed about it. I would argue that last game was the rare game where Tate has done nothing and he needs to own it.

I am so sick of people who are celebrating when he makes game winning TDs and gets fined for nasty blocks, but then at the same breath demand his head on a plate when he screws up a game. WTF is wrong with you people!?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:28 am 
NET Veteran

Offense will only get better if RW starts throwing being in the pocket and build the rhythm with shorter passes. Once in a while if you throw, people will drop it. We did not have any rhythm whatsoever. Come back wins in games that are away games are always hard. More mental mistakes are made when you are behind on the road. We need to pass more in the first half and then wear the D down with run games once we are ahead. WR also get worn down running routes and they are going to be a step behind in the second half of the game as in the first half.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:30 am 
NET Rookie

Seahawks wins [Bandwagon [ON]

Seahawk lose [Bandwagon [OFF]

I designed a switch for .net
Will this blueprint work?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:33 am 
NET Veteran

vongstaTHEmonsta wrote:
Seahawks wins [Bandwagon [ON]

Seahawk lose [Bandwagon [OFF]

I designed a switch for .net
Will this blueprint work?

Because if you talk about a problem area after a win you get dogged on for being negative and the conversation always turns to that. I haven't liked Tate from the beginning as a whole and that includes every win and loss. I think he does more negative than positive in the end.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:26 am 
NET Bench Warmer

Bipolar wrote:
yeah, he sucked for a game. but he is an extremely good blocker, he rarely drops balls and he certainly plays light out when he is in the position to do so (including this year). we all have bad days. we sometimes f*ck up the most basic things and we feel embarassed about it. I would argue that last game was the rare game where Tate has done nothing and he needs to own it.

Just ask Sean Lee :mrgreen: ZING!!! Yeah, I said it! LoL

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:09 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Slick wrote:

The last sentence describes just about every male on the face of the planet.

I agree he looked like a bitch a few times last night. But he has also looked like a stud this year. I hope the coaching staff and other players call him out for wearing a skirt last night and he corrects it in the future.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:17 pm 
NET Veteran

People drop passes, it is a part of being human. No one is perfect. What I don't like about him is his attitude. Whenever he makes a 10 yard catch he immediately starts taunting and starring off into the crowd like he is a god. When he drops the pass that hits him in the hands 85% of the time, he immediately puts his hands on his hips and blankly stares at the ref like he was tackled before the ball got to him. Even if there is pass interference, make the play when it hits you in the hands. There have been a bunch of times this year where he does get the PI call, but he still drops the pass. Good players make the catch regardless.

The tipping point was watching him completely whiff on the block and stand there as Obo got driven 5 yards under ground by four 49ers. That is pathetic and would never want to play with someone who acts like that. I hope his teammates correct him this week by burying him on the practice field.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]