Season isnt over

HawkITup56

Reaction score
We have competed in every game this year, not the point. The point is after 7 games this offense doesnt have anything that looks promising. I wish this team could put up 30 in a game but without anything from special teams or the D it wont happen.

Galen96

Reaction score
good god... we've played a collection of the best defenses in the league, week in and week out... They only get easier.. except for Chicago..

jreff22

Reaction score
Galen96":j6gbk0je said:
good god... we've played a collection of the best defenses in the league, week in and week out... They only get easier.. except for Chicago..

Carolina and New England are garbage

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Man oh man, if excuses were wins, we'd be undefeated. I said in another post that this season feels disturbingly like 2010, and tonight's loss falls right in line. Sure our D is better and our running game heartier, and maybe the games have been closer (what the hell is that?), but until it translates into wins, other teams may as well be mopping the floor with us. It all looks the same when the playoffs are decided. Homer glasses or no, here are the facts: we're one game above .500, 0-3 in the division, and there are no style points in the NFL. That's pretty damn discouraging no matter which way you slice it.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Seriously? You don't think there's any significant difference between keeping a game close and getting blown out?

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
BlueTalon":3vikjueh said:
Seriously? You don't think there's any significant difference between keeping a game close and getting blown out?

When the post-season begins? None whatsoever. This is the kind of "moral victory" nonsense that Winners don't bother themselves with.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I didn't say anything about moral victories.

I used to teach marksmanship in the Marine Corps. Funny thing, I could always work with someone who could at least hit the paper, because I could help them adjust their aim and get on target. But but people that couldn't even hit the paper, helping them adjust was near impossible.

Starrman44

Reaction score
The Niners are and established team. As a team we are still in great shape with our schedule. A win tonight would have put us a head of the chains, so to speak. As it is, we are still in a good position.

We need to win two on the road and protect home field. If we can't get it done, then we will add more talent and come back stronger next year.

I believe that the Niners are near their potential as a team. They have a very streaky QB. As such, their offense is going to be hot and cold. The Seahawks are no where near their potential. They have a lot of young players at key positions. We will grow as the season continues.

HawkWow

Reaction score
No, this season is far from over. Nobody is more critical of this team than myself and I see promise. This was a reality check and our young guys started reading too many props about themselves and still hung over from this abnormal amount of attention, screwed the pooch this week. It is not shocking that this young team with a rookie QB would have games like this. Even as poorly as we played, we lost by one score. We will get better as a unit and probably be peaking come post-season. IF we get into the post-season, we wil be a concern for the rest. Pete needs to get away from this rediculous notion that we are some unstoppable, rushing monster. We are not. IF we are going to go with RW, Pete has to implement more plays designed to RWs skillset. Last week he opened up the passing game by letting RW run. We will have to keep doing that until our line can give Lynch more than 2 yds before he gets hit.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2j33ynec said:
BlueTalon":2j33ynec said:

When the post-season begins? None whatsoever. This is the kind of "moral victory" nonsense that Winners don't bother themselves with.
Let me try this again.

I didn't say anything about moral victories.

I used to teach marksmanship in the Marine Corps. Funny thing, I could always work with someone who could at least hit the paper, because I could help them adjust their aim and get on target. But but people that couldn't even hit the paper, helping them adjust was near impossible.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
Quick. Someone name another NFC west team that has won a division road game.

Basis4day

Reaction score
HawkITup56":298h0brb said:
We have competed in every game this year, not the point. The point is after 7 games this offense doesnt have anything that looks promising. I wish this team could put up 30 in a game but without anything from special teams or the D it wont happen.

You expected 30 points on the road against a top D in a short week?

Stop playing Madden and calm down.

Our remaining Road games are against Detroit, Minn, Miami and Chicago. Those are winnable games.

If i told you before the season that we would be 4-3 with victories over Dallas, GB, Carolina and New England you would have called me crazy. The Hawks had arguable the toughest opening schedule of any team, in what is turning out to be the toughest division in the NFL.

We have yet to play a divisional home game.

Latest posts