Chances E. Moore gets cut?

Bipolar

Reaction score
ludakrishna":3ve3qz6c said:
When we don't leave him to help in the blocking, our RT gets raped. See the last series

no doubt about it.

but the problem still stands, our TEs are good, but they cannot produce to their fullest potential because they aren't put in the position to succeed. drafting or trading for another TE wont help.

canucklhead

Reaction score
Bipolar":3kndzpqz said:
ludakrishna":3kndzpqz said:
When we don't leave him to help in the blocking, our RT gets raped. See the last series

no doubt about it.

but the problem still stands, our TEs are good, but they cannot produce to their fullest potential because they aren't put in the position to succeed. drafting or trading for another TE wont help.

I think our TE's rot (Miller to the least extent) but no question this is dead on.

The Seahawks offense consists of 3 things.

1) the off tackle run
2) the deep pass
3) the occasional short/int slant pattern to a WR.

Maybe it's babying Wilson to blame, but Bevell is about as creative as an accountant. I'm not surprised. I went to Ohio State and have followed the Big 10 for over 30 years. Other than the one year of Russell, Wisconsin has run a power offense lead by what looked like carbon copy immobile, poor armed, game managing tall white QB's for the better part of 2 decades. You are what you know and from what you are exposed to. Bevell runs a mediocre meat and potatoes power offense. He's lucky to have a RB who often times makes chicken salad out of chicken shite.

bellyfat

Reaction score
So far the only thing he has done is waste a roster spot. I'm not saying paying K2 would be better, but I think how we handled that situation was pretty awful. Bringing in Evan Moore brought in another guy that had to get in sync with our offense with Wilson, this was a week before the season began I believe. We needed someone in that position to make an immediate impact, McCoy should some glimmer of hope but then again not.

canucklhead

Reaction score
We're talking about a back-up TE here. Maybe the Pats have tainted NFL fans, but most teams are lucky if they have 1 TE threat, let alone complaining about the 3rd stringer.

Miller is the bigger problem...but not by anything he's doing wrong. Combination of needing the extra blocker and Bevell's incompetancies.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He is giving us nothing right now but I think they will keep him around for next year. I think Miller will be a cap casualty, so moore will be more valuable for them at that point. I heard Miller's number is $11 million. With the production they get from him they just cannot pay him that

ensett

Reaction score
I think the funny part is Winslow has more catches than Moore does this season.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
canucklhead":2je1yzyh said:
We're talking about a back-up TE here. Maybe the Pats have tainted NFL fans, but most teams are lucky if they have 1 TE threat, let alone complaining about the 3rd stringer.

Miller is the bigger problem...but not by anything he's doing wrong. Combination of needing the extra blocker and Bevell's incompetancies.

No, we are talking about a guy that is holding a coveted spot on an NFL roster - a guy that supposedly made Winslow expendable.

If we aren't going to use him or if he isn't going to make plays, it's a wasted roster spot.

Also, where has McCoy been? I don't see all those "McCoy has arrived" posts that we did right after he caught the easy TD against Dallas.

hoxrox

Reaction score
After one drop, don't think so. But where was McCoy on the seam route?

razor150

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3k5on8zx said:
He is giving us nothing right now but I think they will keep him around for next year. I think Miller will be a cap casualty, so moore will be more valuable for them at that point. I heard Miller's number is $11 million. With the production they get from him they just cannot pay him that

Miller will be a casualty if we don't do anything to get him involved with the offense. Miller would produce if we actually used him, same with Carlson before him. This team since Holmgren left has been crappy about utilizing it's TE's effectively. That is either the scheme or the QB, or something I am not thinking of.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I still say they should bring in Vince Young as a TE. Flip that guy the ball and watch what he can do in space. He's a prototypical NFL TE. Big. strong, big hands, and can run over or around you. :)

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
FWIW, Brock Huard's with me on this. Just kind of "the expirement's over".

I'm not knee-jerk, if it was the current regime, I may not have brought it up. But, I like the bottom-third roster moves this regime makes.

mikeak

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3biz5sts said:
a guy that supposedly made Winslow expendable.

No we are not - his signing was not at all tied to Winslow. Winslow was cut because he didn't make the team. Later Moore was signed

Where is this great Winslow playing right now.................... enuff said

We need a third TE - Moore meets that requirement

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mikeak":288zy4s0 said:
No we are not - his signing was not at all tied to Winslow. Winslow was cut because he didn't make the team

Wrong, and wrong.

Winslow was cut because he wouldn't take a pay cut. It was not because he didn't perform well. Quite the contrary, he played very well in the pre-season. Carroll and Schneider gambled that they could get Winslow to take a pay cut, and they lost.......Thus they had no choice but to sign Moore, who has done diddly squat since he's got here.

I understand not paying Winslow his salary, but we sure as hell could use him. Moore was brought here to catch passes, and he can't even do that.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
ensett":1frj09ad said:
I've never thought highly of Moore, but I believe the team still does. If he cuts get I don't think it would be until the after the season is over.
I agree Master Yoda, if cuts he get, not till over season is will it be. 8)

SharkHawk

Reaction score
You're both semi-right, semi-wrong. Winslow was brought in and the draft pick was dependent on him being on the opening day roster. Then it was obvious that he couldn't practice much because of his knee. He was asked to take a paycut, but was still on the final 53 when it was set (correct, or incorrect? There's been some discussion on this one for a while).

The team asked Winslow to take a paycut... he didn't. He wasn't cut immediately, because there weren't better options out there. Morrah was cut, so it was Miller, McCoy, and Winslow that were the final 3. Then Cleveland decided to drop Moore, and THEN Winslow was cut. It was sort of a multi-part situation.

mikeak

Reaction score
Winslow didn't make the team at the salary he wanted - not sure what is wrong with he didn't make the team. He was cut ie didn't make the team

Moore wasn't cut before Wilson so Moore did NOT make Winslow expendable. Moore was the backup option after Winslow was cut and Moore was cut

So if you are going to use Wrong and Wrong maybe wait until you are right......

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
ensett":1rg6xr0d said:
If you think about it though, Moore seems to be purely a receiving TE, and that seems to be how the Seahawks want to use him. Sean McGrath had excellent hands in his preseason time, why not call him up form the PS?

I really liked what I saw from McGrath in the pre-season. Hell yes bring him in and give him a shot.