Am I the only one feeling this way this morning?

Throwdown

Reaction score
Just, I don't know what to say! And its not speachlessness, its like i'm almost demoralized as a fan lol, just when you thought the passing game took a step forward, it took about 800 steps back, and the defense while good as all hell, still needs some work.

j hawk

Reaction score
Throwdown, Im right there with ya. I was hoping we could step up to the next level (I think we are close) but not enough gas in the tank at their house on short week. Perhaps this game can be a learning experiance so we can kick-butt for the rest of the season. 9ers just exploited our weak spots, now we need to fix them.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I don't feel that way in the least.

It was a short week, a road game, and the toughest defense we'll face all year playing with their home crowd. People will call those excuses, but they're true.

Credit SF for doing what elite defenses do at home against work-in-progress offenses.

Think about it. If our team was hosting some other team with an offense ranking in the bottom third of the league, what would you expect our D to do to them? Demolish them, right? And would that demolition be a mark of that team's offense "taking steps back," or would they have just run into a dominating defense feeding off its home crowd?

kidhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1tqza7cz said:

It was a short week, a road game, and the toughest defense we'll face all year playing with their home crowd. People will call those excuses, but they're true.

Credit SF for doing what elite defenses do at home against work-in-progress offenses.

Think about it. If our team was hosting some other team with an offense ranking in the bottom third of the league, what would you expect our D to do to them? Demolish them, right? And would that demolition be a mark of that team's offense "taking steps back," or would they have just run into a dominating defense feeding off its home crowd?

This is EXACTLY how I feel today. I was down after watching the game last night, but honestly, I thought the odds were against us going in. Next week in Detroit will tell me a lot more about the future of the team this season than the game we played last night

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Yeah but our offense didn't get demolished at all. Lynch ran all over them. The receivers demolished themselves. There weren't any jarring hits or really good pass breakups. Wide open looks and horrendous drops were the difference in the game.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I don't feel anything other than a little bummed since we had a chance to win.

Not sure why everyone expected us to roll into SF on a short week and play one of the best teams in the NFL coming off an embarassing home loss and expect different results.

I thought we had a good chance to win, but that was with expecting our offense to pick up where they left off, which in hindsight was a little foolish.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Very tough opponent plus the fact they got trounced on Sunday. It made it an even tougher environment. Gore absolutely gouged the Seahawks. He seems to have his best games against Seattle. Run defense looked below average last night. The Seahawks still struggle to stop the short-middle passing game. The screens, etc. SF was doing dink and dunk all night long. Those were the plays keeping the drives alive. No adjustments made to stop that. Teams are doing this each week against Seahawks. That is one area that needs a lot of work and improvement.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I am pretty demoralized by the fact that the 49ers are so dominant over us right now. In the first half, it looked like we were finally able to crack the code, and then in the second half everything just went to hell. The regression on offense from last week was also disappointing obviously.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2m8b38d5 said:
I don't feel anything other than a little bummed since we had a chance to win.

Not sure why everyone expected us to roll into SF on a short week and play one of the best teams in the NFL coming off an embarassing home loss and expect different results.

I thought we had a good chance to win, but that was with expecting our offense to pick up where they left off, which in hindsight was a little foolish.

I didn't expect a win lol, i just wanted to see how we stacked up against one of the top dogs in the NFC, and we did well. BUT WE ALMOST HAD 'EM! MATTER OF FACT WE DID HAVE THEM!!! It's just Willis' helmet got in the way!!

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I will reserve judgement until after next week.

The entire team looked exhausted after the first handful of plays! Did anyone else notice this? Dudes were standing around with their hands on their hips after the first quarter. It was BAD.

Short week really took a toll on the 'hawks. Credit SF for being ready to battle.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":lbjacr6s said:

The entire team looked exhausted after the first handful of plays! Did anyone else notice this? Dudes were standing around with their hands on their hips after the first quarter. It was BAD.

Short week really took a toll on the 'hawks. Credit SF for being ready to battle.

Good point. The 49ers were well rested since they took last Sunday off.

seedhawk

Reaction score
How would this game have gone if the schedule makers had it in Seattle instead of Frisco? Just flip the home/away Niner games. Think we would do better down there with a full week? A
s tough as the West is this year, it wouldn't surprise me one whit if everyone winds up 3-3 in the division. We just got unlucky and played our 1st 3 division games on the road.

drdiags

Reaction score
I feel sort of blase. I know our offense is not a complete nor dynamic offense yet. I didn't see this as a win and was glad to see us in it during the first half. Was surprised to see Turbin not make that catch. I think nerves got him.

It has been a roller-coaster season so far, with games that get you thinking that this could be special and others that make you realize there is still work to do. This team has some good stuff going. It just may not be top of the NFL ready and is still fragile enough in its development that it could come apart at the seams.

The offense makes it difficult for this team to win on the road. I think once the right side of the OLine has a talent upgrade, things will get better, but most likely not this year. That would be a start. I think LT, LG and C are capable.

On to Detroit. Home of Jerome Bettis, in case anyone didn't know. <smile>

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
drdiags":b3cvee3m said:
I feel sort of blase. I know our offense is not a complete nor dynamic offense yet. I didn't see this as a win and was glad to see us in it during the first half. Was surprised to see Turbin not make that catch. I think nerves got him.

It has been a roller-coaster season so far, with games that get you thinking that this could be special and others that make you realize there is still work to do. This team has some good stuff going. It just may not be top of the NFL ready and is still fragile enough in its development that it could come apart at the seams.

The offense makes it difficult for this team to win on the road. I think once the right side of the OLine has a talent upgrade, things will get better, but most likely not this year. That would be a start. I think LT, LG and C are capable.

On to Detroit. Home of Jerome Bettis, in case anyone didn't know. <smile>

that might be the best way to describe it, demoralized is kind of the way I would describe me not knowing what to say about the game.

JonRud

Reaction score
Bevell & Co. have 10 days to figure out how to crack the Lions defense...and come up with a plan that will get us into the end zone.

5-3 would be a very good first half of the season based on our impossible schedule and starting a rookie QB. It would set us up great for the 2nd half with 5 home games and two winnable road games [at Mia, at Buf].

Lose to Detroit...and 4-4 is much worse. I can't see us going 7-1 which might be what it would take to get into the playoffs. Our tiebreakers will suck with all these division & conference losses.

In my mind the Lions game is a MUST WIN if we have any hope of going to the playoffs.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Mostly irritated in that if we catch a couple of those balls, instead of dropping them, we almost certainly win. The game was very very close, and we lost because of our mistakes, not because of the opponent.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
hawkfan68":17xom120 said:

I noticed. The look on Sherman's face...man. And, don't underestimate the home crowd giving a team the energy needed in a game like that.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I'm not that upset or demoralized....

They do what we usually do, elite defense at home, makes visiting offenses look bad. This is what we do!! Right?

We'll see them December 23rd in our house and even the score.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
volsunghawk":2ngv1noy said:

Yep. This is it. Plus throw in the fact folks would probably be singing a different tune were even a few more balls caught. Even one or two, likely. If Turbin hangs onto that pass for 7 instead of 3, we're at a 10-13 deficit if the game is played out exactly the same, with all the rest of the drops. That's a field goal difference, instead of playing with the mentality we needed the touchdown. Add a catch on that 3rd and 2 pass when we were on the 49ers 43 yard line and driving in the third quarter, and it's probably another three points at least.

This game was a very close game, likely decided by a couple key drops, in a short week game on the road against an opponent that is one of the very best in the league. There are still areas of concern, but to think we took a step back isn't really the case.

Starrman44

Reaction score
To me last nights game was under the worst possible circumstances (unless the 49ers were on the East Coast and we had to travel to them). We had a chance in the first half to grab a hold of that game and take control.

I don't care what folks say about Russell, those passes were right on the money. He can't catch them for the receivers. The INT was a poor throw, bottom line, but that stuff happens.

The thing to me is that Russell didn't lose confidence even on the last three and out. He is a leader. He is tenacious.

Furthermore, I see folks calling us fanboys if we support Wilson. That we are not willing to hear criticism. The fact is, our coaching staff has decided to go with a rookie. If our fanbase focuses on the negatives with our rookie QB, and we all just have a hate fest on him, then we take a chance on helping to create a hostile work environment for him.

I like Matt Flynn. If he were starting I would support him. Eventually he may get a chance due to injury, anyway, and I will gladly support him.

I like both of our QB's. I feel we could have a future with either of them. Honestly, with TJack, I didn't feel like we had a future with him. When you get to that point with a player it is just better to move on.

Go Hawks!!

Latest posts