4-3 After 7 games...

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I'll take it. Last night was a difficult assignment for any team. It seemed we made mental errors and ran our of gas which would be expected after the short rest from Sunday's win.

The difference between Wilson and Smith last night was a TD and couple of drops. Otherwise they were basically identical.

Defenses, ditto.

Now we got through the most difficult part of the schedule and have a 10 day rest; basically another BYE week. Out toughest game left is @ Chicago where we won last year, albeit with Caleb Hanie at Chicago's helm.

There are some things not to like, but overall, this season I think we are in great position to grab a play-off spot @ 10-6. I think we have made some great strides to being in the NFL elite. More importantly than isolated stats, we have won games. Games that we wouldn't have won last year. I'd say that that is an improvement.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
If you would have said we'd be 4-3 after the first 7 games before the season started, I'd take it in a sec.

4 road games in the first 7 games
All 3 divisional road games
1 east coast game
Dallas, GB, and NE at home

And we're 4-3..... brutal beginning 7 games. I'll take it.

Last 8 games are 5 home games, 3 divisional home games! This is where we close the gap.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Hawksfanatik":1qypozfn said:
Our record isn't the problem, its our complete lack of passing game. ZILCH, NADA, NONE.

Horrible. :pukeface: :34853_doh:

We're gettin there man. Keep it together. 9ers at home after a loss like they had last week are no joke.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Pstark3":38lytyeg said:
Why are we shooting for 10-6? I'll take 13-3

We'd all love 13-3 and we're all hoping for it but there's nothing wrong with tempering expectations just a tad considering the circumstances. At this point, I haven't seen anything that makes me believe this team can win consistently in the white jerseys.

The Radish

Reaction score
Hawksfanatik":1gt4sqrf said:
Our record isn't the problem, its our complete lack of passing game. ZILCH, NADA, NONE.

Horrible. :pukeface: :34853_doh:

I would edit that to "its our lack of a COMPLETE passing game.

:roll:

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Lose, Win, Win.

At this rate 10-6 is in the bag!!! I'm looking at the Jets or AZ@home as the potential games to snag a nice 3 game winning streak and bump that record up to 11-5/12-4.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":79oa0pqj said:
Now we got through the most difficult part of the schedule and have a 10 day rest; basically another BYE week. Out toughest game left is @ Chicago where we won last year, albeit with Caleb Hanie at Chicago's helm.
The 11/25 game in Miami is going to be tough as well.

The Dolphins' run D is strong but they're susceptible to the pass so the Hawks need to work on their passing offense in the interim... which is fairly obvious, isn't it?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":j2ixzx1r said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":j2ixzx1r said:
The 11/25 game in Miami is going to be tough as well.

The Dolphins' run D is strong but they're susceptible to the pass so the Hawks need to work on their passing offense in the interim... which is fairly obvious, isn't it?

Yep, and for some reason we always play like crap in Miami....playoff game in 1983 the wonderful exception!

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I'd say we'll be 11-5. We win out at home and two more on the road.

Pstark3

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":3b5jo474 said:
Lose, Win, Win.

At this rate 10-6 is in the bag!!! I'm looking at the Jets or AZ@home as the potential games to snag a nice 3 game winning streak and bump that record up to 11-5/12-4.
i'm glad i wasnt the only one who saw this trend. lol

OP
OP
TDOTSEAHAWK

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
7-1 at home and 3-5 on the road gets us a play-off spot and something to build off of. 4-4 on the road would be nice.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
yep, playoffs are still attainable. Whether our offense does better vs weaker defenses as I hope it does will be the key.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3duiosec said:
yep, playoffs are still attainable. Whether our offense does better vs weaker defenses as I hope it does will be the key.

And thus far it has, I see no reason to assume it will be otherwise.

jreff22

Reaction score
For a team that has been 7-9 for 2 years how can you guys expect to hit 13 wins?

seanoob

Reaction score
10-6 might be enough to make it into the playoffs or (with lots of help) win the division. Can we win 6 more games? Magic 8 ball give me a sign.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
Ya I said this in another thread if they beat detroit next Sunday its hard for me to see them no worse than 10-6 with 5 out of 8 at home in the second half.

Latest posts