I think BEVEL might take the fall

themunn

Reaction score
Smoke":gh8to4ih said:
Yes Wr's dropping the ball 5 times was one thing to contend with....<BR nodeIndex="1"><BR nodeIndex="2">But holy lord, running 9 times in a row is BS.<BR nodeIndex="3"><BR nodeIndex="4"><BR nodeIndex="5">Crappy crosses that net 5 yards on 3rd and 12 is pure crapfest. Lets pass the first 2 downs more than one time per game, please

We complained when the running game was working and we chose to pass instead of run
Run 9 times in a row and it does 2 things, sets up PA, and makes the defense think you're going to set up PA, so they won't overcommit to the run.

My question is, just what the hell has happened to Tate? I'd give him a pass for one off game, but this is a guy who didn't drop a single ball last year, and known for making ridiculous fingertip catches etc. Why has he dropped so many balls not just against SF, but all season?

hawk45

Reaction score
Hey why not run it 9 times in a row. Putting it in the air is just prelude to having it go through the hands of the receiver or back so hell with it.

I can't begin to evaluate Bevell or the QB play when we have one entire facet of the offense (catching the ball) completely nonexistent for an entire game.

HawkGA

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":31u1hzip said:
I think the WR's coach needs to get his guys on a jug machine.

That's funny because of your avatar.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, the Tate drop on the slant was a real bummer. It's the kind of thing that makes play callers just not call that -- it was a perfectly thrown ball against OK defense, nothing stellar, and he just didn't haul it in.

(The other four drops were terrible, too, it's hard to pick which one I hated the most, actually.)

Zowert

Reaction score
Bevel can't catch passes for the receivers. There were 5 drops that I saw were very catchable and should have been caught. You simply CANNOT have that many drops in a game and expect to win. They were momentum killers. I don't know how you can catch a game winning 40 yard bomb one game, then drop an easy 10 yarder the next.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Zowert":a1wkjze1 said:
Bevel can't catch passes for the receivers. There were 5 drops that I saw were very catchable and should have been caught. You simply CANNOT have that many drops in a game and expect to win. They were momentum killers. I don't know how you can catch a game winning 40 yard bomb one game, then drop an easy 10 yarder the next.

:13: If our players catch those balls, Bevell looks like a genius. Because they didn't hes the goat.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Not exactly all about receivers catching the ball. I thought the overall play calling in the second half was atrocious- drop by Tate on the slant aside.

Latest posts