The Golden Tate thread.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Wow, I was under the impression alot of fans thought he was some kind of play-maker as does PC. This is the only pick that I have hated at the time this FO drafted. I thought 2nd round was ridiculous for this guy. Even then I just said ok, they must see something. He is so over rated it's unbelievable. He is even worse than I thought he would be. At first I thought he could be a decent player that was drafted way too high... but he isn't even that.

What bothers me the most is that PC is under the illusion that Tate is this big-time game-changing play-maker and they keep forcing the issue and we have enough problems on offense as is. OK, done, just have been wanting to say that for a long time but thought it was just me.

nepahawk

Reaction score
Shane Falco":fp8j124u said:
Wow, I was under the impression alot of fans thought he was some kind of play-maker as does PC. This is the only pick that I have hated at the time this FO drafted. I thought 2nd round was ridiculous for this guy. Even then I just said ok, they must see something. He is so over rated it's unbelievable. He is even worse than I thought he would be. At first I thought he could be a decent player that was drafted way too high... but he isn't even that.

What bothers me the most is that PC is under the illusion that Tate is this big-time game-changing play-maker and they keep forcing the issue and we have enough problems on offense as is. OK, done, just have been wanting to say that for a long time but thought it was just me.

This is exactly the same way I felt all along.
Also, I just don't like his attitude towards the refs when things don't go his way.
He's like a whiney little bitch.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Seahawks1Fan":fwy3c8xm said:
I don't mean to pile on here but I thought one of the real turning points of the game tonight was Tate's drop on our opening drive in the seond half. We had the Whiners on their heels after they got penalized for lining up over our long snapper, Douche bag Harbaugh going nuts on the sidelines, have a 3rd and 2 near midfield, Tate is untoiuched across the middle, Wilson puts it on his numbers and he drops it. Killed the drive and I think it killed the momentum we were building.

The play that might have p!ssed me off the most was his horrible attempt at blocking on the WR screen to Obomanu. Tate totally whiffed and instead of trying to help Obo, he just stood there while Ben was getting squashed by 3 Whiners.

I mean, it's not a crime to miss a block but don't just stand there while the play is still going and your teammate is getting pummelled. Kinda ticked me off with that play.

Anyway, hopefully Tate and everyone else will bounce back next week!!!

This. On the next series I said there's no way that Pete would let him back on the field, but there he was. I'm still pissed.

Bipolar

Reaction score
so what are we saying here? that Tate doesn't block, doesn't catch balls, and doesn't have big play ability to warrant a 2nd round pick?

yeah, he sucked for a game. but he is an extremely good blocker, he rarely drops balls and he certainly plays light out when he is in the position to do so (including this year). we all have bad days. we sometimes f*ck up the most basic things and we feel embarassed about it. I would argue that last game was the rare game where Tate has done nothing and he needs to own it.

I am so sick of people who are celebrating when he makes game winning TDs and gets fined for nasty blocks, but then at the same breath demand his head on a plate when he screws up a game. WTF is wrong with you people!?

seahawks08

Reaction score
Offense will only get better if RW starts throwing being in the pocket and build the rhythm with shorter passes. Once in a while if you throw, people will drop it. We did not have any rhythm whatsoever. Come back wins in games that are away games are always hard. More mental mistakes are made when you are behind on the road. We need to pass more in the first half and then wear the D down with run games once we are ahead. WR also get worn down running routes and they are going to be a step behind in the second half of the game as in the first half.

vongstaTHEmonsta

Reaction score
Seahawks wins [Bandwagon [ON]

Seahawk lose [Bandwagon [OFF]

I designed a switch for .net
Will this blueprint work?

Shane Falco

Reaction score
vongstaTHEmonsta":3giwtv8a said:
Seahawks wins [Bandwagon [ON]

Seahawk lose [Bandwagon [OFF]

I designed a switch for .net
Will this blueprint work?

Because if you talk about a problem area after a win you get dogged on for being negative and the conversation always turns to that. I haven't liked Tate from the beginning as a whole and that includes every win and loss. I think he does more negative than positive in the end.

sa_seahawker

Reaction score
Bipolar":4gfb82fh said:
yeah, he sucked for a game. but he is an extremely good blocker, he rarely drops balls and he certainly plays light out when he is in the position to do so (including this year). we all have bad days. we sometimes f*ck up the most basic things and we feel embarassed about it. I would argue that last game was the rare game where Tate has done nothing and he needs to own it.

Just ask Sean Lee :mrgreen: ZING!!! Yeah, I said it! LoL

sam1313

Reaction score
Slick":xtocqzb4 said:
Never liked him. Always got the douchey-bro vibe off of him. More interested in getting his rod wet than playing football.

The last sentence describes just about every male on the face of the planet.

I agree he looked like a bitch a few times last night. But he has also looked like a stud this year. I hope the coaching staff and other players call him out for wearing a skirt last night and he corrects it in the future.

mistaowen

Reaction score
People drop passes, it is a part of being human. No one is perfect. What I don't like about him is his attitude. Whenever he makes a 10 yard catch he immediately starts taunting and starring off into the crowd like he is a god. When he drops the pass that hits him in the hands 85% of the time, he immediately puts his hands on his hips and blankly stares at the ref like he was tackled before the ball got to him. Even if there is pass interference, make the play when it hits you in the hands. There have been a bunch of times this year where he does get the PI call, but he still drops the pass. Good players make the catch regardless.

The tipping point was watching him completely whiff on the block and stand there as Obo got driven 5 yards under ground by four 49ers. That is pathetic and would never want to play with someone who acts like that. I hope his teammates correct him this week by burying him on the practice field.