The Golden Tate thread.

HawkWow

Reaction score
How many great WRs have come out of Notre Dame? Tim Brown and......? Not too frikin many. Didn't like the pick then, hate it now. He's an arrogant little asshat and I hope we move him in the off-season. I'd take a 5th and a box of raisins for him. We need Oline help and hands. Both will be accessable this off-season, we will still be young but more experienced. If you thought we were going to win the SB this year, be pissed. I think we are 2 years away so understand losses like this are par for the course. Our weakness' are not many...just definite.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
I thought Tate on offense and K.J Wright on defense both turned in horrible games.

Also Evan Moore drops everything he needs to be released.

The Radish

Reaction score
SuperFreak":3em1dx5f said:
I thought Tate on offense and K.J Wright on defense both turned in horrible games.

Also Evan Moore drops everything he needs to be released.

Funny, I thought Wright was one of the few bright spots on D tonight. he broke up several plays all by himself tonight.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2f75vrw3 said:
Baldwin's a small dude and still opens up the offense far more by running good routes.

...and now he's out with an ankle injury...that bodes well for all of the W's we're supposed to get during the 'cakewalk' portion of our schedule. Nothing like fate giving our remaining opponents more of a chance.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
I'd like to see Charlie Martin back in there. Anybody know if he's healthy to play? Dude can catch a ball, uses nice extension and catches with his hands.

It sucks that Baldwin is out, but I'm all for more Edwards and Martin, if this is the case. Braylon has been working hard since joining our team, and has come up big. They need to play him more.

Seahawks1Fan

Reaction score
I don't mean to pile on here but I thought one of the real turning points of the game tonight was Tate's drop on our opening drive in the seond half. We had the Whiners on their heels after they got penalized for lining up over our long snapper, Douche bag Harbaugh going nuts on the sidelines, have a 3rd and 2 near midfield, Tate is untoiuched across the middle, Wilson puts it on his numbers and he drops it. Killed the drive and I think it killed the momentum we were building.

The play that might have p!ssed me off the most was his horrible attempt at blocking on the WR screen to Obomanu. Tate totally whiffed and instead of trying to help Obo, he just stood there while Ben was getting squashed by 3 Whiners.

I mean, it's not a crime to miss a block but don't just stand there while the play is still going and your teammate is getting pummelled. Kinda ticked me off with that play.

Anyway, hopefully Tate and everyone else will bounce back next week!!!

Largent80

Reaction score
He had a bad game as did MANY Seahawks. I am not going to rag on him.

He won us two ball games and all of you have forgotten that and simply want to use Tate as a scapegoat.

hawk45

Reaction score
I've seen enough of the Golden Tate experiment. The inconsistent receivers make the fans suffer terribly. We waited half a decade for KRob to become more consistent and nope, never did. I'm trying to remember when a guy started out inconsistent with route running and catching the ball and somehow magically fixed that at some point. I don't know that we have a better option right now so I'm fine with him being out there but this is the position of need going into next offseason and I do not want to see Tate's butt in a Seahawk uni next year.

I don't want to hear it about how fans are fickle on the guy from week to week. You don't see fans doing the same thing with Rice or Baldwin from week to week because they are good receivers who have their heads on straight, at least in terms of being able to catch the freaking football. Ugh.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Seahawks1Fan":1ns45o7r said:
The play that might have p!ssed me off the most was his horrible attempt at blocking on the WR screen to Obomanu. Tate totally whiffed and instead of trying to help Obo, he just stood there while Ben was getting squashed by 3 Whiners.

I mean, it's not a crime to miss a block but don't just stand there while the play is still going and your teammate is getting pummelled. Kinda ticked me off with that play.

That one still has me ticked. Wouldn't wanna be him while the team is watching film of that play. He should feel like the ultimate asshat.

Sturm

Reaction score
There's just something about Tate that bothers me. The way he carries himself seems to say, "I don't give a crap."

He's great at leaping up to grab Hail Marys but he's useless as a consistent receiving threat. Once we get a true #1 receiver in here and demote Sydney Rice to #2 position, Tate will be gone.

12thMode

Reaction score
I'm not high on Tate, but I don't understand why everyone is so quick to drop him? From what I have seen from him, except for last night, he has been a factor in all the games we have played thus far. He has made some crucial catches when we needed him to and he is leading the team in TD. I'm just not so quick to let him go so soon. We are 4-3 right now (alot better than I expected us to be with this tough schedule) no need to panic.

Slick

Reaction score
Never liked him. Always got the douchey-bro vibe off of him. More interested in getting his rod wet than playing football.

Slick

Reaction score
Let me qualify this statement by saying I hope he improves. He's shown ability. You never have to like a guy even though he's on the team you support.

Slick":1pvi6nb3 said:
Never liked him. Always got the douchey-bro vibe off of him. More interested in getting his rod wet than playing football.

canucklhead

Reaction score
Seahawks1Fan":33vvbevz said:
I don't mean to pile on here but I thought one of the real turning points of the game tonight was Tate's drop on our opening drive in the seond half. We had the Whiners on their heels after they got penalized for lining up over our long snapper, Douche bag Harbaugh going nuts on the sidelines, have a 3rd and 2 near midfield, Tate is untoiuched across the middle, Wilson puts it on his numbers and he drops it. Killed the drive and I think it killed the momentum we were building.

Anyway, hopefully Tate and everyone else will bounce back next week!!!

Not one of, THE turning point. Then he has the nerve to say this after the game.

"We've got to figure something out. We've got to figure out a way to get it done," Seahawks receiver Golden Tate said. "The season's not over. We still have a long way to go, so we can't let this set us back. I think we still have the chance to be a real special team."

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/article ... z29kzwGdBa

Greenhell

Reaction score
28629374.jpg

salamander

Reaction score
The game momentum completely changed after that drop. If he catches that I think it's a different game.

hawker84

Reaction score
morgulon1":1ccrt7tl said:
Golden Tate has a tough game and everyone says he's pathetic. I can't understand how so many on here hop on AND off the bandwagon and so quickly. Do you think #81 needs our support as fans? Players have bad nights. Tate won us a game a couple of weeks ago with a spectacular last second play.

I don't agree with the chicken little mentality around here at times.

agreed rough game for him , moving on.... and let's not forget, he's got one of the best hit's of the year for us, just ask the cowboys.. heh heh heh

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Tate catches that ball on 3rd down in the second half it's 9-3 at halftime with us getting the ball back

bluengreen

Reaction score
He had a tough game for sure but I sure love his intensity and attitude. He's a gamer. I'm not sure why the drops, it seemed like he fixed that last season when he was highly ranked for low number of drops. Up until this game I thought he had really turned a corner but back to the drawing board. I am confident he will still be a big contributor for us this season.