Season isnt over

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Season isnt over
Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:32 pm
  • Stop acting like its the end of the world guys. Have some faith
    A World Peace
    NET Practice Squad

Re: Season isnt over
Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:39 pm
  • hell no we are going to be in this race at the end.. no doubt...
    redeye81
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:09 pm
  • Your delusional 3-3 at best in the division will miss winning it, absolutely no excuse. At seasons end we will look back at this game as the turning point I saw 2 teams tonight at total ends of the stick. This team sucks on the road This O cant score with Jenna Jamison. In a passing league geared for points and more points. Tonight i saw the D say fuck it Russ you go win this yourself . I dont know what needs to be done on O but time to blow it up. Its not working but I promise you HAWKS will not make playoffs, if they did thier O would lose it for them anyway.
    HawkITup56
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:12 pm
  • HawkITup56 wrote:Your delusional 3-3 at best in the division will miss winning it, absolutely no excuse. At seasons end we will look back at this game as the turning point I saw 2 teams tonight at total ends of the stick. This team sucks on the road This O cant score with Jenna Jamison. In a passing league geared for points and more points. Tonight i saw the D say fuck it Russ you go win this yourself . I dont know what needs to be done on O but time to blow it up. Its not working but I promise you HAWKS will not make playoffs, if they did thier O would lose it for them anyway.

You couldn't be any further off base...
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:13 pm
  • HawkITup56 wrote:Your delusional 3-3 at best in the division will miss winning it, absolutely no excuse. At seasons end we will look back at this game as the turning point I saw 2 teams tonight at total ends of the stick. This team sucks on the road This O cant score with Jenna Jamison. In a passing league geared for points and more points. Tonight i saw the D say fuck it Russ you go win this yourself . I dont know what needs to be done on O but time to blow it up. Its not working but I promise you HAWKS will not make playoffs, if they did thier O would lose it for them anyway.

0-3 in the division only matters if we're sharing first place in the division.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:14 pm
  • Your delusional 3-3 at best in the division will miss winning it

I know this is confusing for us as Seahawks fans, but the NFL actually has a couple of playoff berths that don't require winning the division. Our schedule still permits 10 or 11 wins (seriously just look at it, the hard part is over), which would put us right in the wildcard race.
    aku
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:17 pm

Just breathe..
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:20 pm
  • aku wrote:
    Your delusional 3-3 at best in the division will miss winning it

I know this is confusing for us as Seahawks fans, but the NFL actually has a couple of playoff berths that don't require winning the division. Our schedule still permits 10 or 11 wins (seriously just look at it, the hard part is over), which would put us right in the wildcard race.

+1 we could still sweep the division and the Whiners could drop a few since they have what 5(?) division games left. Not the end of the world. A win tonight would of been great but we are in no way out of the run. the rest of our Division games are at home wiht the worst of our schedule out of the way, There is hope! Believe and believe in Tanzania!
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!
    Wiseguy
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:20 pm
  • With this team i see 0-4 in remaining road games. Dropping 1 or 2 of remaining home games that 9-7 best 8-8 worst Niners should walk the division. But you stand your ground hold out hope, I have no hope for this team with this offense its a shame to waste this stellar D. But who am I?
    HawkITup56
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:22 pm
  • But this blows away our prophecy thread. Don't suspect the trend will continue up on that graph. [/sarcasm]
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:22 pm
  • What is the point hoping for the playoffs as wildcard? This team cannot win on the road when it matters. Hence the truth to how important this game was. DUH
    HawkITup56
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:24 pm
  • Again with the waste of the D like they won't all be here next year :roll:
    Last edited by Wiseguy on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!
    Wiseguy
    NET Rookie

• HawkITup56 wrote:With this team i see 0-4 in remaining road games. Dropping 1 or 2 of remaining home games that 9-7 best 8-8 worst Niners should walk the division. But you stand your ground hold out hope, I have no hope for this team with this offense its a shame to waste this stellar D. But who am I?

If your pessimism is at all valid, you are a masochist.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
    :: Theodore Roosevelt
    daketah
    NET Starter

• HawkITup56 wrote:With this team i see 0-4 in remaining road games. Dropping 1 or 2 of remaining home games that 9-7 best 8-8 worst Niners should walk the division. But you stand your ground hold out hope, I have no hope for this team with this offense its a shame to waste this stellar D. But who am I?

so give up and stop watching.... You really don't think we're going to beg you to stay right? I'd rather not hear your whining and doom and gloom over a loss.
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:25 pm
  • HawkITup56 wrote:With this team i see 0-4 in remaining road games.

You see us losing to the Bills because of a road loss to one of the best teams in the league? The Bills aren't better than the Panthers. We can win on the road, we're just clearly not as good there as we are at home. Even if we only beat the Bills, that puts us at 10 wins with a home sweep.
    aku
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:28 pm
  • Anyone with the rose color glasses on about this team is delusional. I eat, sleep, and breath seahawks football that is why I get so pissed when they lay an Egg.
    HawkITup56
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:29 pm
  • HawkITup56 wrote:Anyone with the rose color glasses on about this team is delusional. I eat, sleep, and breath seahawks football that is why I get so pissed when they lay an Egg.

You should try bacon. it's delicious.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:30 pm
  • HawkITup56 wrote:Anyone with the rose color glasses on about this team is delusional. I eat, sleep, and breath seahawks football that is why I get so pissed when they lay an Egg.

They didn't lay an egg. They sharted out several Butterfingers!
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:34 pm
  • The defense is fine but it wasn't the offense that was getting gashed up the middle by Frank Gore. That started reminding me of Babs trying to hold on as Gore ran for over 200 up the gut all day long. Did not expect to see that happening against this group. Time to stop reading the clippings for awhile.

Offense left plays on the field, but it wasn't a total cluster. That block by Okung on Justin was pretty good. Carpenter cannot run, his knees are shot for now but big boy can clear the path. There is some hope for the OL. Rice needs to chill. Wonder why Obo isn't stretching out the ball, it isn't like he has a choice trying to be safe from having the ball swatted out before he stretches out.

Season isn't over and I am not that pissed. Would have been great to rub it in on the nation and win this, but things just aren't that easy. You have to earn it by winning on the road. Let's see if the team can beat a suddenly upbeat Lions team.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:36 pm
  • aku wrote:
    HawkITup56 wrote:With this team i see 0-4 in remaining road games.

You see us losing to the Bills because of a road loss to one of the best teams in the league? The Bills aren't better than the Panthers. We can win on the road, we're just clearly not as good there as we are at home. Even if we only beat the Bills, that puts us at 10 wins with a home sweep.

This D cannot carry that torch and I think Miami and CHI are both L's winning nest week and the Bills. that 3 and 5 on the road.

4-1 at home is possible and likely , 3-2 realistic perhaps Min/SF

MY take 9-7 is realistic , but hell my madden-like prediction 13-3 run the table sure
    HawkITup56
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:38 pm
  • there is no team remaining on the schedule we can't compete with... chill.
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:43 pm
  • We have competed in every game this year, not the point. The point is after 7 games this offense doesnt have anything that looks promising. I wish this team could put up 30 in a game but without anything from special teams or the D it wont happen.
    HawkITup56
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:58 pm
  • good god... we've played a collection of the best defenses in the league, week in and week out... They only get easier.. except for Chicago..
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:27 pm
  • Galen96 wrote:good god... we've played a collection of the best defenses in the league, week in and week out... They only get easier.. except for Chicago..

Carolina and New England are garbage
    jreff22
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:35 pm
  • Man oh man, if excuses were wins, we'd be undefeated. I said in another post that this season feels disturbingly like 2010, and tonight's loss falls right in line. Sure our D is better and our running game heartier, and maybe the games have been closer (what the hell is that?), but until it translates into wins, other teams may as well be mopping the floor with us. It all looks the same when the playoffs are decided. Homer glasses or no, here are the facts: we're one game above .500, 0-3 in the division, and there are no style points in the NFL. That's pretty damn discouraging no matter which way you slice it.
    "I'm gonna call him--what do you call the guy on the trampoline?--Harry Houdini or something like that." -Warren Moon on Golden Tate
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:56 pm
  • Seriously? You don't think there's any significant difference between keeping a game close and getting blown out?
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:02 pm
  • BlueTalon wrote:Seriously? You don't think there's any significant difference between keeping a game close and getting blown out?

When the post-season begins? None whatsoever. This is the kind of "moral victory" nonsense that Winners don't bother themselves with.
    "I'm gonna call him--what do you call the guy on the trampoline?--Harry Houdini or something like that." -Warren Moon on Golden Tate
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:06 pm
  • I didn't say anything about moral victories.

I used to teach marksmanship in the Marine Corps. Funny thing, I could always work with someone who could at least hit the paper, because I could help them adjust their aim and get on target. But but people that couldn't even hit the paper, helping them adjust was near impossible.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:07 pm
  • The Niners are and established team. As a team we are still in great shape with our schedule. A win tonight would have put us a head of the chains, so to speak. As it is, we are still in a good position.

We need to win two on the road and protect home field. If we can't get it done, then we will add more talent and come back stronger next year.

I believe that the Niners are near their potential as a team. They have a very streaky QB. As such, their offense is going to be hot and cold. The Seahawks are no where near their potential. They have a lot of young players at key positions. We will grow as the season continues.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:18 pm
  • Woah, double post. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by WindCityHawk on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:19 pm
  • No, this season is far from over. Nobody is more critical of this team than myself and I see promise. This was a reality check and our young guys started reading too many props about themselves and still hung over from this abnormal amount of attention, screwed the pooch this week. It is not shocking that this young team with a rookie QB would have games like this. Even as poorly as we played, we lost by one score. We will get better as a unit and probably be peaking come post-season. IF we get into the post-season, we wil be a concern for the rest. Pete needs to get away from this rediculous notion that we are some unstoppable, rushing monster. We are not. IF we are going to go with RW, Pete has to implement more plays designed to RWs skillset. Last week he opened up the passing game by letting RW run. We will have to keep doing that until our line can give Lynch more than 2 yds before he gets hit.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:19 pm
  • WindCityHawk wrote:
    BlueTalon wrote:Seriously? You don't think there's any significant difference between keeping a game close and getting blown out?

When the post-season begins? None whatsoever. This is the kind of "moral victory" nonsense that Winners don't bother themselves with.

Let me try this again.

I didn't say anything about moral victories.

I used to teach marksmanship in the Marine Corps. Funny thing, I could always work with someone who could at least hit the paper, because I could help them adjust their aim and get on target. But but people that couldn't even hit the paper, helping them adjust was near impossible.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:49 am
  • Quick. Someone name another NFC west team that has won a division road game.
    "If I were Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Flynn, I'd be leery of this kid because if you give him a chance, if you give him a chance and look past his 5 foot 11 or 5-10 and a half or whatever it is, if you give this kid a legitimate chance to win the job, he'll win it" - John Gruden
    mjwhitay
    NET Rookie

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:06 pm
  • HawkITup56 wrote:We have competed in every game this year, not the point. The point is after 7 games this offense doesnt have anything that looks promising. I wish this team could put up 30 in a game but without anything from special teams or the D it wont happen.

You expected 30 points on the road against a top D in a short week?

Stop playing Madden and calm down.

Our remaining Road games are against Detroit, Minn, Miami and Chicago. Those are winnable games.

If i told you before the season that we would be 4-3 with victories over Dallas, GB, Carolina and New England you would have called me crazy. The Hawks had arguable the toughest opening schedule of any team, in what is turning out to be the toughest division in the NFL.

We have yet to play a divisional home game.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:34 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information