Chances E. Moore gets cut?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Chances E. Moore gets cut?
Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:45 pm
  • Dude can barely get on the field anyways.

This isn't knee-jerk either, just may become a reality now.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:49 pm
  • Whole reason we got him was to stretch the field against slower, smaller linebackers. In theory it was a good idea, but he can't get open or catch the ball. I guess this is why the Browns weren't too upset losing him.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:50 pm
  • Once we get BOWE yes he is gone....
    redeye81
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:51 pm
  • I've never thought highly of Moore, but I believe the team still does. If he cuts get I don't think it would be until the after the season is over.
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:55 pm
  • Eh, I don't know about that. If they were going to cut him after 6 games, they never should have signed him. He's only 27 years old. Even if he can't do much this season, his sheer size makes him a valuable guy to try to develop for the next few seasons. He's not exactly expensive.
    aku
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:56 pm
  • That's an extremely hard catch to make for a TE to make, down the sideline, arms streched out. It would have been his first explosive catch of the season too for his new team. Give the guy a break. If you really want to see what this guy can do then let him get a few easy catches under his belt, get his confidence up, and then give him a play like that to make.

Cutting or trading all our receivers isn't going to improve this team. Our offense will go as Russell Wilson gains more experience. Expect growing pains.
    kmedic
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:56 pm
  • Aight.

I just REALLY like the roster churn guys this regime picks up. And, he seems to be failing. So far.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:59 pm
  • aku wrote:Eh, I don't know about that. If they were going to cut him after 6 games, they never should have signed him. He's only 27 years old. Even if he can't do much this season, his sheer size makes him a valuable guy to try to develop for the next few seasons. He's not exactly expensive.

Eh, he's a TE. TEs are all big, it's the nature of the position, his size isn't noteworthy enough to keep him.

And that was no where near a hard catch, maybe for a Pee Wee player. If you're a pro you have to make that 100 out of 100 times
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:59 pm
  • kmedic wrote:That's an extremely hard catch to make for a TE to make, down the sideline, arms streched out. It would have been his first explosive catch of the season too for his new team. Give the guy a break. If you really want to see what this guy can do then let him get a few easy catches under his belt, get his confidence up, and then give him a play like that to make.

Cutting or trading all our receivers isn't going to improve this team. Our offense will go as Russell Wilson gains more experience. Expect growing pains.

If its the same catch I'm thinking about, it was not at all. I make harder catches every Saturday and that's not just BS. You're a professional. Catch the damn ball!
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:01 pm
  • kmedic wrote:Cutting or trading all our receivers isn't going to improve this team. Our offense will go as Russell Wilson gains more experience. Expect growing pains.

It's not knee-jerk, honest. I just dont see what he's contributing.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:05 pm
  • If you think about it though, Moore seems to be purely a receiving TE, and that seems to be how the Seahawks want to use him. Sean McGrath had excellent hands in his preseason time, why not call him up form the PS?
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:05 pm
  • I see rarely any TE contribution from anyone at all. Watching Gronk in person last week was opening to me in seeing how a effective a quality TE can be.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:06 pm
  • He has 0 catches and he doesn't block.

What exactly are we getting out of him?

I'm with pehawk.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:40 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:What exactly are we getting out of him?

I mean, honestly, how much of that is his fault and how much of it is the fact that Bevell apparently hates TEs? McCoy was Wilson's favorite preseason target – he was averaging 2.33 targets per game going into this week. He had 1 against the Niners. Miller is a Pro Bowl receiving TE. He was averaging 2.66 targets per game. He had 2 this week.

In the earlier games, I think Moore had two targets, both overthrown. I just don't think we can really judge him based on how he's being used so far. He can't block, but that's not why he's on the team. We can call him a receiver if it makes it more palatable. One thing everyone said about him before he got here is that he had great hands and just wasn't being used correctly. I'm not really sure anything has changed. Sure, he dropped a ball. If we cut every player who dropped a ball tonight we'd have to call Owens back. I think he could still be really valuable as a redzone target at the very least. Maybe we cut him in the offseason, but right now, I just don't see that we'd use anyone else any more than we've used him.
    aku
    NET Rookie

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:59 am
  • Since MH and his offense left, Seattle is where all TE's, no matter how talented go to rot and mold. For the most part, it makes me wonder why we even have them on the roster. Might as well just have 3 more tackles.
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:02 am
  • 100% disagree. Moore is a really talented guy and a big red zone target. I am not positive we are using him in a right manner, in order to give him a legitimate chance to succeed.

hell, if Golden Tate dropped 3 passes, why should we expect nothing but perfection from a 3rd string TE? you guys are definitely overreacting.

Miller - same thing! a REALLY SOLID TE, as good as they come, but is not put in the position to succeed. instead of being a major part of our offense (Jimmy Graham-style), he is put in place to block, block again and then block some more. yawn.
    Last edited by Bipolar on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire
    Bipolar
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:03 am
  • how can people keep saying its the oc fault he doesnt throw the ball
    anthony4r
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:41 am
  • Bipolar wrote:100% disagree. Moore is a really talented guy and a big red zone target. I am not positive we are using him in a right manner, in order to give him a legitimate chance to succeed.

hell, if Golden Tate dropped 3 passes, why should we expect nothing but perfection from a 3rd string TE? you guys are definitely overreacting.

Miller - same thing! a REALLY SOLID TE, as good as they come, but is not put in the position to succeed. instead of being a major part of our offense (Jimmy Graham-style), he is put in place to block, block again and then block some more. yawn.

When we don't leave him to help in the blocking, our RT gets raped. See the last series
    Wazzu Sucks, Oregon Swallows!!!!
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:49 am
  • kmedic wrote:That's an extremely hard catch to make for a TE to make, down the sideline, arms streched out. It would have been his first explosive catch of the season too for his new team. Give the guy a break. If you really want to see what this guy can do then let him get a few easy catches under his belt, get his confidence up, and then give him a play like that to make.

Oh lord... First of all it wasnt a hard catch, sorry. It was actually a really easy catch, it hit him right in the hands.

Second of all, baby him logic.. I can understand your points if hes a rookie, but this is like his fourth year in the league. Slowly raise his confidense..? Umm dude hes a fourth year pro if he needs to be babied and brought up slowly to bring his confidence up what does that say about him as a player. Excuses man, thats all I hear.
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:55 am
  • Dude drops a pass and everyone wants to hang him for it?

Tate didn't drop a single pass all of last year. He dropped 3 last night. It was a host of players making, or not making the plays they normally do, and it is as simple as that.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:02 am
  • ludakrishna wrote:When we don't leave him to help in the blocking, our RT gets raped. See the last series

no doubt about it.

but the problem still stands, our TEs are good, but they cannot produce to their fullest potential because they aren't put in the position to succeed. drafting or trading for another TE wont help.
    Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire
    Bipolar
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:09 am
  • Bipolar wrote:
    ludakrishna wrote:When we don't leave him to help in the blocking, our RT gets raped. See the last series

no doubt about it.

but the problem still stands, our TEs are good, but they cannot produce to their fullest potential because they aren't put in the position to succeed. drafting or trading for another TE wont help.

I think our TE's rot (Miller to the least extent) but no question this is dead on.

The Seahawks offense consists of 3 things.

1) the off tackle run
    2) the deep pass
    3) the occasional short/int slant pattern to a WR.

Maybe it's babying Wilson to blame, but Bevell is about as creative as an accountant. I'm not surprised. I went to Ohio State and have followed the Big 10 for over 30 years. Other than the one year of Russell, Wisconsin has run a power offense lead by what looked like carbon copy immobile, poor armed, game managing tall white QB's for the better part of 2 decades. You are what you know and from what you are exposed to. Bevell runs a mediocre meat and potatoes power offense. He's lucky to have a RB who often times makes chicken salad out of chicken shite.
    canucklhead
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:58 am
  • So far the only thing he has done is waste a roster spot. I'm not saying paying K2 would be better, but I think how we handled that situation was pretty awful. Bringing in Evan Moore brought in another guy that had to get in sync with our offense with Wilson, this was a week before the season began I believe. We needed someone in that position to make an immediate impact, McCoy should some glimmer of hope but then again not.
    bellyfat
    NET Starter

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:03 am
  • We're talking about a back-up TE here. Maybe the Pats have tainted NFL fans, but most teams are lucky if they have 1 TE threat, let alone complaining about the 3rd stringer.

Miller is the bigger problem...but not by anything he's doing wrong. Combination of needing the extra blocker and Bevell's incompetancies.
    canucklhead
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:16 am
  • He is giving us nothing right now but I think they will keep him around for next year. I think Miller will be a cap casualty, so moore will be more valuable for them at that point. I heard Miller's number is $11 million. With the production they get from him they just cannot pay him that
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:18 am
  • I think the funny part is Winslow has more catches than Moore does this season.
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:56 am
  • Wish we kept Winslow instead.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:59 am
  • canucklhead wrote:We're talking about a back-up TE here. Maybe the Pats have tainted NFL fans, but most teams are lucky if they have 1 TE threat, let alone complaining about the 3rd stringer.

Miller is the bigger problem...but not by anything he's doing wrong. Combination of needing the extra blocker and Bevell's incompetancies.

No, we are talking about a guy that is holding a coveted spot on an NFL roster - a guy that supposedly made Winslow expendable.

If we aren't going to use him or if he isn't going to make plays, it's a wasted roster spot.

Also, where has McCoy been? I don't see all those "McCoy has arrived" posts that we did right after he caught the easy TD against Dallas.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:05 am
  • Cameron Morrah was better.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:07 am
  • After one drop, don't think so. But where was McCoy on the seam route?
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:07 am
  • I doubt they cut E. Moore. He will last all season, if he sucks or not. :34853_tinfoil:
    WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!
    Hawksfanatik
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:13 am
  • Missing_Clink wrote:He is giving us nothing right now but I think they will keep him around for next year. I think Miller will be a cap casualty, so moore will be more valuable for them at that point. I heard Miller's number is $11 million. With the production they get from him they just cannot pay him that

Miller will be a casualty if we don't do anything to get him involved with the offense. Miller would produce if we actually used him, same with Carlson before him. This team since Holmgren left has been crappy about utilizing it's TE's effectively. That is either the scheme or the QB, or something I am not thinking of.
    razor150
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:15 am
  • I still say they should bring in Vince Young as a TE. Flip that guy the ball and watch what he can do in space. He's a prototypical NFL TE. Big. strong, big hands, and can run over or around you. :)
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:16 am
  • FWIW, Brock Huard's with me on this. Just kind of "the expirement's over".

I'm not knee-jerk, if it was the current regime, I may not have brought it up. But, I like the bottom-third roster moves this regime makes.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:45 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote: a guy that supposedly made Winslow expendable.

No we are not - his signing was not at all tied to Winslow. Winslow was cut because he didn't make the team. Later Moore was signed

Where is this great Winslow playing right now.................... enuff said

We need a third TE - Moore meets that requirement
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:00 pm
  • mikeak wrote:
    No we are not - his signing was not at all tied to Winslow. Winslow was cut because he didn't make the team

Wrong, and wrong.

Winslow was cut because he wouldn't take a pay cut. It was not because he didn't perform well. Quite the contrary, he played very well in the pre-season. Carroll and Schneider gambled that they could get Winslow to take a pay cut, and they lost.......Thus they had no choice but to sign Moore, who has done diddly squat since he's got here.

I understand not paying Winslow his salary, but we sure as hell could use him. Moore was brought here to catch passes, and he can't even do that.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:19 pm
  • ensett wrote:I've never thought highly of Moore, but I believe the team still does. If he cuts get I don't think it would be until the after the season is over.

I agree Master Yoda, if cuts he get, not till over season is will it be. 8)
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:20 pm
  • You're both semi-right, semi-wrong. Winslow was brought in and the draft pick was dependent on him being on the opening day roster. Then it was obvious that he couldn't practice much because of his knee. He was asked to take a paycut, but was still on the final 53 when it was set (correct, or incorrect? There's been some discussion on this one for a while).

The team asked Winslow to take a paycut... he didn't. He wasn't cut immediately, because there weren't better options out there. Morrah was cut, so it was Miller, McCoy, and Winslow that were the final 3. Then Cleveland decided to drop Moore, and THEN Winslow was cut. It was sort of a multi-part situation.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:24 pm
  • Winslow didn't make the team at the salary he wanted - not sure what is wrong with he didn't make the team. He was cut ie didn't make the team

Moore wasn't cut before Wilson so Moore did NOT make Winslow expendable. Moore was the backup option after Winslow was cut and Moore was cut

So if you are going to use Wrong and Wrong maybe wait until you are right......
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:27 pm
  • ensett wrote:If you think about it though, Moore seems to be purely a receiving TE, and that seems to be how the Seahawks want to use him. Sean McGrath had excellent hands in his preseason time, why not call him up form the PS?

I really liked what I saw from McGrath in the pre-season. Hell yes bring him in and give him a shot.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:08 pm
  • mikeak wrote:Winslow didn't make the team at the salary he wanted - not sure what is wrong with he didn't make the team. He was cut ie didn't make the team

Moore wasn't cut before Wilson so Moore did NOT make Winslow expendable. Moore was the backup option after Winslow was cut and Moore was cut

So if you are going to use Wrong and Wrong maybe wait until you are right......

Incorrect again. Read up on the whole situation right here on this very board. Plenty of people are in the know. They know what happened. They posted what was happening as it was happening. Moore was released. Schneider had a history with him. He wanted him. Winslow was released AFTER final cutdowns. How much more clear can I be on what happened? There was a lot of worry that we still owed a pick for Winslow since for a full day he had made the final 53. Maybe you'll want to hold off on telling people when they are wrong and how right you are.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:12 pm
  • canucklhead wrote:
    Bipolar wrote:
    ludakrishna wrote:When we don't leave him to help in the blocking, our RT gets raped. See the last series

no doubt about it.

I think our TE's rot (Miller to the least extent) but no question this is dead on.

The Seahawks offense consists of 3 things.

1) the off tackle run
    2) the deep pass
    3) the occasional short/int slant pattern to a WR.

Maybe it's babying Wilson to blame, but Bevell is about as creative as an accountant. I'm not surprised. I went to Ohio State and have followed the Big 10 for over 30 years. Other than the one year of Russell, Wisconsin has run a power offense lead by what looked like carbon copy immobile, poor armed, game managing tall white QB's for the better part of 2 decades. You are what you know and from what you are exposed to. Bevell runs a mediocre meat and potatoes power offense. He's lucky to have a RB who often times makes chicken salad out of chicken shite.

I completely agree with this. I think Bevell is a pretty mediocre offensive coordinator. I think his play calling has been questionable in every game except for the NE game, which had a pretty suspect third quarter.

It's like he forgets our self-proclaimed running identity when we get into the red zone and then either him or RW can't adjust to the defense blitzing/dropping.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:47 pm
  • Just give the guy a little time and he'll be a monster in the red zone and getting first downs. He has very little playing time in the NFL, let alone with his new team.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:56 pm
  • This is Moores 5th year in the league. Plenty of time to learn how to block and/or catch a ball. If he can't do the very basics of being a football player, what else do you expect him to be able to do? He turns 28 in a couple months, he should find a new job while he's still young.
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:06 pm
  • 4th year, 3 with Cleveland where he only started 8 games and caught 62 passes. That's not a whole lot of experience and look at the team he was on...Colt McCoy, Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:21 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:Just give the guy a little time and he'll be a monster in the red zone and getting first downs. He has very little playing time in the NFL, let alone with his new team.

What in the world would make you think this?

You know what good players do? They take advantage of the time they get.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:39 pm
  • Buh-bye.

Dude hasn't made a "significant" play for us (yet).

There are (probably) better (unsigned) tight ends out there,............that might (actually) know how to catch the ball.

But (I'm sure), that's just ME.
    Paschtorian
    NET Rookie

Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:43 pm
  • At this time, I would rate the chances of Moore being cut about the same as pehawk being permanently banned from this board. Ain't gonna happen.
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:48 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:4th year, 3 with Cleveland where he only started 8 games and caught 62 passes. That's not a whole lot of experience and look at the team he was on...Colt McCoy, Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson.

he was with the packers in 2008 too (schneider connection!), IR the whole year though. Gave him plenty of time to study greats such as Gonzalez and Sharpe, or even a more modern Gates. 5th year year in the league and his only NFL highlight on youtube is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEDNAohNW2w
    ugh, terrible effort.
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:08 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information