Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:45 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Dude can barely get on the field anyways.

This isn't knee-jerk either, just may become a reality now.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:49 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm
Posts: 1551
Whole reason we got him was to stretch the field against slower, smaller linebackers. In theory it was a good idea, but he can't get open or catch the ball. I guess this is why the Browns weren't too upset losing him.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:50 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:58 pm
Posts: 1201
Location: Boise
Once we get BOWE yes he is gone....


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:51 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:26 am
Posts: 1522
I've never thought highly of Moore, but I believe the team still does. If he cuts get I don't think it would be until the after the season is over.

_________________
----


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:55 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:50 am
Posts: 116
Eh, I don't know about that. If they were going to cut him after 6 games, they never should have signed him. He's only 27 years old. Even if he can't do much this season, his sheer size makes him a valuable guy to try to develop for the next few seasons. He's not exactly expensive.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:56 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:36 am
Posts: 1286
Location: Los Angeles, CA
That's an extremely hard catch to make for a TE to make, down the sideline, arms streched out. It would have been his first explosive catch of the season too for his new team. Give the guy a break. If you really want to see what this guy can do then let him get a few easy catches under his belt, get his confidence up, and then give him a play like that to make.

Cutting or trading all our receivers isn't going to improve this team. Our offense will go as Russell Wilson gains more experience. Expect growing pains.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:56 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Aight.

I just REALLY like the roster churn guys this regime picks up. And, he seems to be failing. So far.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:59 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:26 am
Posts: 1522
aku wrote:
Eh, I don't know about that. If they were going to cut him after 6 games, they never should have signed him. He's only 27 years old. Even if he can't do much this season, his sheer size makes him a valuable guy to try to develop for the next few seasons. He's not exactly expensive.


Eh, he's a TE. TEs are all big, it's the nature of the position, his size isn't noteworthy enough to keep him.

And that was no where near a hard catch, maybe for a Pee Wee player. If you're a pro you have to make that 100 out of 100 times

_________________
----


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:59 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6346
kmedic wrote:
That's an extremely hard catch to make for a TE to make, down the sideline, arms streched out. It would have been his first explosive catch of the season too for his new team. Give the guy a break. If you really want to see what this guy can do then let him get a few easy catches under his belt, get his confidence up, and then give him a play like that to make.

Cutting or trading all our receivers isn't going to improve this team. Our offense will go as Russell Wilson gains more experience. Expect growing pains.

If its the same catch I'm thinking about, it was not at all. I make harder catches every Saturday and that's not just BS. You're a professional. Catch the damn ball!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:01 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
kmedic wrote:
Cutting or trading all our receivers isn't going to improve this team. Our offense will go as Russell Wilson gains more experience. Expect growing pains.


It's not knee-jerk, honest. I just dont see what he's contributing.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:05 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:26 am
Posts: 1522
If you think about it though, Moore seems to be purely a receiving TE, and that seems to be how the Seahawks want to use him. Sean McGrath had excellent hands in his preseason time, why not call him up form the PS?

_________________
----


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:11 am
Posts: 1018
Location: Utah
I see rarely any TE contribution from anyone at all. Watching Gronk in person last week was opening to me in seeing how a effective a quality TE can be.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:06 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7405
Location: CVN-68
He has 0 catches and he doesn't block.

What exactly are we getting out of him?

I'm with pehawk.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:40 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:50 am
Posts: 116
FlyingGreg wrote:
What exactly are we getting out of him?

I mean, honestly, how much of that is his fault and how much of it is the fact that Bevell apparently hates TEs? McCoy was Wilson's favorite preseason target – he was averaging 2.33 targets per game going into this week. He had 1 against the Niners. Miller is a Pro Bowl receiving TE. He was averaging 2.66 targets per game. He had 2 this week.

In the earlier games, I think Moore had two targets, both overthrown. I just don't think we can really judge him based on how he's being used so far. He can't block, but that's not why he's on the team. We can call him a receiver if it makes it more palatable. One thing everyone said about him before he got here is that he had great hands and just wasn't being used correctly. I'm not really sure anything has changed. Sure, he dropped a ball. If we cut every player who dropped a ball tonight we'd have to call Owens back. I think he could still be really valuable as a redzone target at the very least. Maybe we cut him in the offseason, but right now, I just don't see that we'd use anyone else any more than we've used him.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:59 am 
NET Veteran
Online

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:51 am
Posts: 2407
Since MH and his offense left, Seattle is where all TE's, no matter how talented go to rot and mold. For the most part, it makes me wonder why we even have them on the roster. Might as well just have 3 more tackles.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:02 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:58 pm
Posts: 749
Location: Bellevue
100% disagree. Moore is a really talented guy and a big red zone target. I am not positive we are using him in a right manner, in order to give him a legitimate chance to succeed.

hell, if Golden Tate dropped 3 passes, why should we expect nothing but perfection from a 3rd string TE? you guys are definitely overreacting.

Miller - same thing! a REALLY SOLID TE, as good as they come, but is not put in the position to succeed. instead of being a major part of our offense (Jimmy Graham-style), he is put in place to block, block again and then block some more. yawn.

_________________
Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire


Last edited by Bipolar on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:03 am 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:50 pm
Posts: 17
how can people keep saying its the oc fault he doesnt throw the ball


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:41 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 9:40 am
Posts: 845
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Bipolar wrote:
100% disagree. Moore is a really talented guy and a big red zone target. I am not positive we are using him in a right manner, in order to give him a legitimate chance to succeed.

hell, if Golden Tate dropped 3 passes, why should we expect nothing but perfection from a 3rd string TE? you guys are definitely overreacting.

Miller - same thing! a REALLY SOLID TE, as good as they come, but is not put in the position to succeed. instead of being a major part of our offense (Jimmy Graham-style), he is put in place to block, block again and then block some more. yawn.


When we don't leave him to help in the blocking, our RT gets raped. See the last series

_________________
Wazzu Sucks, Oregon Swallows!!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:49 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 3407
kmedic wrote:
That's an extremely hard catch to make for a TE to make, down the sideline, arms streched out. It would have been his first explosive catch of the season too for his new team. Give the guy a break. If you really want to see what this guy can do then let him get a few easy catches under his belt, get his confidence up, and then give him a play like that to make.

Cutting or trading all our receivers isn't going to improve this team. Our offense will go as Russell Wilson gains more experience. Expect growing pains.


Oh lord... First of all it wasnt a hard catch, sorry. It was actually a really easy catch, it hit him right in the hands.

Second of all, baby him logic.. I can understand your points if hes a rookie, but this is like his fourth year in the league. Slowly raise his confidense..? Umm dude hes a fourth year pro if he needs to be babied and brought up slowly to bring his confidence up what does that say about him as a player. Excuses man, thats all I hear.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:55 am 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21036
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
Dude drops a pass and everyone wants to hang him for it?

Tate didn't drop a single pass all of last year. He dropped 3 last night. It was a host of players making, or not making the plays they normally do, and it is as simple as that.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:02 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:58 pm
Posts: 749
Location: Bellevue
ludakrishna wrote:
When we don't leave him to help in the blocking, our RT gets raped. See the last series


no doubt about it.

but the problem still stands, our TEs are good, but they cannot produce to their fullest potential because they aren't put in the position to succeed. drafting or trading for another TE wont help.

_________________
Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:09 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:08 pm
Posts: 90
Bipolar wrote:
ludakrishna wrote:
When we don't leave him to help in the blocking, our RT gets raped. See the last series


no doubt about it.

but the problem still stands, our TEs are good, but they cannot produce to their fullest potential because they aren't put in the position to succeed. drafting or trading for another TE wont help.


I think our TE's rot (Miller to the least extent) but no question this is dead on.

The Seahawks offense consists of 3 things.

1) the off tackle run
2) the deep pass
3) the occasional short/int slant pattern to a WR.

Maybe it's babying Wilson to blame, but Bevell is about as creative as an accountant. I'm not surprised. I went to Ohio State and have followed the Big 10 for over 30 years. Other than the one year of Russell, Wisconsin has run a power offense lead by what looked like carbon copy immobile, poor armed, game managing tall white QB's for the better part of 2 decades. You are what you know and from what you are exposed to. Bevell runs a mediocre meat and potatoes power offense. He's lucky to have a RB who often times makes chicken salad out of chicken shite.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:58 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:56 am
Posts: 401
So far the only thing he has done is waste a roster spot. I'm not saying paying K2 would be better, but I think how we handled that situation was pretty awful. Bringing in Evan Moore brought in another guy that had to get in sync with our offense with Wilson, this was a week before the season began I believe. We needed someone in that position to make an immediate impact, McCoy should some glimmer of hope but then again not.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:03 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:08 pm
Posts: 90
We're talking about a back-up TE here. Maybe the Pats have tainted NFL fans, but most teams are lucky if they have 1 TE threat, let alone complaining about the 3rd stringer.

Miller is the bigger problem...but not by anything he's doing wrong. Combination of needing the extra blocker and Bevell's incompetancies.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:16 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am
Posts: 2285
He is giving us nothing right now but I think they will keep him around for next year. I think Miller will be a cap casualty, so moore will be more valuable for them at that point. I heard Miller's number is $11 million. With the production they get from him they just cannot pay him that


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:18 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:26 am
Posts: 1522
I think the funny part is Winslow has more catches than Moore does this season.

_________________
----


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:56 am 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4268
Wish we kept Winslow instead.

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:59 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7405
Location: CVN-68
canucklhead wrote:
We're talking about a back-up TE here. Maybe the Pats have tainted NFL fans, but most teams are lucky if they have 1 TE threat, let alone complaining about the 3rd stringer.

Miller is the bigger problem...but not by anything he's doing wrong. Combination of needing the extra blocker and Bevell's incompetancies.


No, we are talking about a guy that is holding a coveted spot on an NFL roster - a guy that supposedly made Winslow expendable.

If we aren't going to use him or if he isn't going to make plays, it's a wasted roster spot.

Also, where has McCoy been? I don't see all those "McCoy has arrived" posts that we did right after he caught the easy TD against Dallas.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:05 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
Cameron Morrah was better.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:07 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:29 pm
Posts: 1181
After one drop, don't think so. But where was McCoy on the seam route?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:07 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:23 pm
Posts: 937
Location: Marysville, WA
I doubt they cut E. Moore. He will last all season, if he sucks or not. :34853_tinfoil:

_________________
WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:13 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:22 am
Posts: 1805
Missing_Clink wrote:
He is giving us nothing right now but I think they will keep him around for next year. I think Miller will be a cap casualty, so moore will be more valuable for them at that point. I heard Miller's number is $11 million. With the production they get from him they just cannot pay him that


Miller will be a casualty if we don't do anything to get him involved with the offense. Miller would produce if we actually used him, same with Carlson before him. This team since Holmgren left has been crappy about utilizing it's TE's effectively. That is either the scheme or the QB, or something I am not thinking of.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:15 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
I still say they should bring in Vince Young as a TE. Flip that guy the ball and watch what he can do in space. He's a prototypical NFL TE. Big. strong, big hands, and can run over or around you. :)

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:16 am 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
FWIW, Brock Huard's with me on this. Just kind of "the expirement's over".

I'm not knee-jerk, if it was the current regime, I may not have brought it up. But, I like the bottom-third roster moves this regime makes.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:45 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3075
Location: Anchorage, AK
FlyingGreg wrote:
a guy that supposedly made Winslow expendable.
.


No we are not - his signing was not at all tied to Winslow. Winslow was cut because he didn't make the team. Later Moore was signed

Where is this great Winslow playing right now.................... enuff said

We need a third TE - Moore meets that requirement


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:00 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2435
mikeak wrote:

No we are not - his signing was not at all tied to Winslow. Winslow was cut because he didn't make the team


Wrong, and wrong.

Winslow was cut because he wouldn't take a pay cut. It was not because he didn't perform well. Quite the contrary, he played very well in the pre-season. Carroll and Schneider gambled that they could get Winslow to take a pay cut, and they lost.......Thus they had no choice but to sign Moore, who has done diddly squat since he's got here.

I understand not paying Winslow his salary, but we sure as hell could use him. Moore was brought here to catch passes, and he can't even do that.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:19 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Posts: 4250
ensett wrote:
I've never thought highly of Moore, but I believe the team still does. If he cuts get I don't think it would be until the after the season is over.

I agree Master Yoda, if cuts he get, not till over season is will it be. 8)

_________________
Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:20 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
You're both semi-right, semi-wrong. Winslow was brought in and the draft pick was dependent on him being on the opening day roster. Then it was obvious that he couldn't practice much because of his knee. He was asked to take a paycut, but was still on the final 53 when it was set (correct, or incorrect? There's been some discussion on this one for a while).

The team asked Winslow to take a paycut... he didn't. He wasn't cut immediately, because there weren't better options out there. Morrah was cut, so it was Miller, McCoy, and Winslow that were the final 3. Then Cleveland decided to drop Moore, and THEN Winslow was cut. It was sort of a multi-part situation.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:24 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3075
Location: Anchorage, AK
Winslow didn't make the team at the salary he wanted - not sure what is wrong with he didn't make the team. He was cut ie didn't make the team

Moore wasn't cut before Wilson so Moore did NOT make Winslow expendable. Moore was the backup option after Winslow was cut and Moore was cut

So if you are going to use Wrong and Wrong maybe wait until you are right......


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:27 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:47 pm
Posts: 2685
Location: In Bruges
ensett wrote:
If you think about it though, Moore seems to be purely a receiving TE, and that seems to be how the Seahawks want to use him. Sean McGrath had excellent hands in his preseason time, why not call him up form the PS?



I really liked what I saw from McGrath in the pre-season. Hell yes bring him in and give him a shot.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:08 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
mikeak wrote:
Winslow didn't make the team at the salary he wanted - not sure what is wrong with he didn't make the team. He was cut ie didn't make the team

Moore wasn't cut before Wilson so Moore did NOT make Winslow expendable. Moore was the backup option after Winslow was cut and Moore was cut

So if you are going to use Wrong and Wrong maybe wait until you are right......


Incorrect again. Read up on the whole situation right here on this very board. Plenty of people are in the know. They know what happened. They posted what was happening as it was happening. Moore was released. Schneider had a history with him. He wanted him. Winslow was released AFTER final cutdowns. How much more clear can I be on what happened? There was a lot of worry that we still owed a pick for Winslow since for a full day he had made the final 53. Maybe you'll want to hold off on telling people when they are wrong and how right you are.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:12 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:37 am
Posts: 910
Location: Bellinghome
canucklhead wrote:
Bipolar wrote:
ludakrishna wrote:
When we don't leave him to help in the blocking, our RT gets raped. See the last series


no doubt about it.

but the problem still stands, our TEs are good, but they cannot produce to their fullest potential because they aren't put in the position to succeed. drafting or trading for another TE wont help.


I think our TE's rot (Miller to the least extent) but no question this is dead on.

The Seahawks offense consists of 3 things.

1) the off tackle run
2) the deep pass
3) the occasional short/int slant pattern to a WR.

Maybe it's babying Wilson to blame, but Bevell is about as creative as an accountant. I'm not surprised. I went to Ohio State and have followed the Big 10 for over 30 years. Other than the one year of Russell, Wisconsin has run a power offense lead by what looked like carbon copy immobile, poor armed, game managing tall white QB's for the better part of 2 decades. You are what you know and from what you are exposed to. Bevell runs a mediocre meat and potatoes power offense. He's lucky to have a RB who often times makes chicken salad out of chicken shite.



I completely agree with this. I think Bevell is a pretty mediocre offensive coordinator. I think his play calling has been questionable in every game except for the NE game, which had a pretty suspect third quarter.

It's like he forgets our self-proclaimed running identity when we get into the red zone and then either him or RW can't adjust to the defense blitzing/dropping.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:47 pm 
* NET Nobody *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
Posts: 7596
Just give the guy a little time and he'll be a monster in the red zone and getting first downs. He has very little playing time in the NFL, let alone with his new team.

_________________
RELEASE THE KRAKEN! (FREE BROWNER!)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:56 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:26 am
Posts: 1522
This is Moores 5th year in the league. Plenty of time to learn how to block and/or catch a ball. If he can't do the very basics of being a football player, what else do you expect him to be able to do? He turns 28 in a couple months, he should find a new job while he's still young.

_________________
----


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:06 pm 
* NET Nobody *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
Posts: 7596
4th year, 3 with Cleveland where he only started 8 games and caught 62 passes. That's not a whole lot of experience and look at the team he was on...Colt McCoy, Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson.

_________________
RELEASE THE KRAKEN! (FREE BROWNER!)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:21 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 pm
Posts: 6106
ivotuk wrote:
Just give the guy a little time and he'll be a monster in the red zone and getting first downs. He has very little playing time in the NFL, let alone with his new team.


What in the world would make you think this?

You know what good players do? They take advantage of the time they get.

_________________
SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:39 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:45 pm
Posts: 173
Buh-bye.

Dude hasn't made a "significant" play for us (yet).

There are (probably) better (unsigned) tight ends out there,............that might (actually) know how to catch the ball.

But (I'm sure), that's just ME.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:43 pm 
NET Veteran
Online

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:51 am
Posts: 2407
At this time, I would rate the chances of Moore being cut about the same as pehawk being permanently banned from this board. Ain't gonna happen.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chances E. Moore gets cut?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:48 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:26 am
Posts: 1522
ivotuk wrote:
4th year, 3 with Cleveland where he only started 8 games and caught 62 passes. That's not a whole lot of experience and look at the team he was on...Colt McCoy, Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson.


he was with the packers in 2008 too (schneider connection!), IR the whole year though. Gave him plenty of time to study greats such as Gonzalez and Sharpe, or even a more modern Gates. 5th year year in the league and his only NFL highlight on youtube is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEDNAohNW2w
ugh, terrible effort.

_________________
----


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.