I think BEVEL might take the fall

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
I think BEVEL might take the fall
Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:09 pm
  • how can you not expect more from your offense..

This guy is in charge and so far not good..
    redeye81
    NET Veteran

Re: I think BEVEL might take the fall
Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:10 pm
  • I want to see more of a short, and intermediate passing game. That has been non-existant this year, and they are essentially to any offense.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:12 pm
  • I think the WR's coach needs to get his guys on a jug machine.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:13 pm
  • I agree with the jug machine comment but still.. something stinks with our game plan.. i mean the screens and short passes were working in 1st half and we stop running them?? WTF???
    redeye81
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:16 pm
  • This is what our offense looks like against a normal secondary. Far better than NE's.
    vance_jetzt
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:16 pm
  • can't blame bevell for the 5 dropped passes. sigh. there was so much pressure to score against that nasty SF D in the 2nd half.
    seanoob
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:18 pm
  • Since we all agree our WR's suck A**, why do we insist on running this Patriots 5wr bull ish. we should be doing the same type of plays that SF ran on us.
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

• vance_jetzt wrote:This is what our offense looks like against a normal secondary. Far better than NE's.

this is far beyond a "normal" secondary. We won't play a defense this good again even if we make the superbowl (except for playing them again obviously)
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

• Right because it was Bevell who dropped all those passes or threw a ball into triple coverage to get picked. Good call.

Coaching didn't lose the game. Inability to do simple fundamentals lost the game.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Yea, we should fire Bevell for the WR corps that we have.

They seriously are better than they showed tonight, but until we (as a team) play better in big moments, it's going to suck.

So, the play calling sucked ? Miller was open, and dropped the ball.
    Tate was open, and dropped the ball.
    Turbin's play call was a thing of beauty. He was wide open. And dropped the ball.
    The screen to Lynch was the perfect call. And he dropped it.

Sure, fire Bevell for all of that.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:20 pm
  • GoldenIsThyTate wrote:Since we all agree our WR's suck A**, why do we insist on running this Patriots 5wr bull ish. we should be doing the same type of plays that SF ran on us.

Like run 4 wide in a bunch set, with the fastest tight end in the game?
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:23 pm
  • Well, Bevell IS LACKING with his in-game playcalling, period. Want proof? Look how well all the first 12-15 scripted plays go; pretty damn stellar. After that? Eeekkk...
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:23 pm
  • Every piece if our offense has been bad outside of Lynch, including Bevell and Wilson. I am not an Xs and Os guy but I'd like to know where is our over the middle throws? Where are the check downs? Why aren't we using our TEs?

49ers won because they had Alex Smith checking down when there was nothing down field. Their TD came on a crossing route from their TE. Wilson wasn't doing that. Is that by design or can Wilson just not do that?
    razor150
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:24 pm
  • sorry. Mr bevel's play calling continues to blow regardless of the dropped passes. the guy is no bueno. its going to cost us. watch.
    blue 22
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:26 pm
  • replace bevel with GRUDEN
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:27 pm
  • Please. Catch the ball Turbin, Tate, etc. Hey WRs, Turbin way to hang your QB and team out.
    "We have to focus with every challenge we get. The bigger, the better. The more hyped, the better. We keep doing what we're doing. Tough matchups on the road, high-profile games - we want that, we feed off that, we should be able to develop the discipline to deal with that." Pete Carroll
    Hawkfish
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:28 pm
  • Spin Doctor wrote:I want to see more of a short, and intermediate passing game. That has been non-existant this year, and they are essentially to any offense.

I agree with that. I think Carroll should have the entire offense working on it this next week. For all the things Wilson does well, 3-step and 5-step drop timing passes are not among them. And he's certainly not getting any help by the receivers failing to beat coverage. This "boom or bust" passing game is not going to consistently get us in the endzone, despite how beautiful a game winning bomb might look.

But yeah, this particular week had more to do with dropping the ball than anything else.
    aku
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:37 pm
  • If I recall PC stated that this game would be won by the team that was better prepared. He was right. Niners had more balanced playcalling and their players were better prepared.
    Wilson was sharp early on but not in sync with the receivers who kept dropping the balls. Bevell didn't even let Wilson throw his 20th ball until the final desparate drive.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:39 pm
  • Hawkfish wrote:Please. Catch the ball Turbin, Tate, etc. Hey WRs, Turbin way to hang your QB and team out.

Unless you consider a TE a WR the only receiver I saw drop a ball was Tate.
    razor150
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:39 am
  • Yes Wr's dropping the ball 5 times was one thing to contend with....

But holy lord, running 9 times in a row is BS.

Crappy crosses that net 5 yards on 3rd and 12 is pure crapfest. Lets pass the first 2 downs more than one time per game, please
    Smoke
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:32 am
  • Smoke wrote:Yes Wr's dropping the ball 5 times was one thing to contend with....<BR nodeIndex="1"><BR nodeIndex="2">But holy lord, running 9 times in a row is BS.<BR nodeIndex="3"><BR nodeIndex="4"><BR nodeIndex="5">Crappy crosses that net 5 yards on 3rd and 12 is pure crapfest. Lets pass the first 2 downs more than one time per game, please

We complained when the running game was working and we chose to pass instead of run
    Run 9 times in a row and it does 2 things, sets up PA, and makes the defense think you're going to set up PA, so they won't overcommit to the run.

My question is, just what the hell has happened to Tate? I'd give him a pass for one off game, but this is a guy who didn't drop a single ball last year, and known for making ridiculous fingertip catches etc. Why has he dropped so many balls not just against SF, but all season?
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:34 am
  • Hey why not run it 9 times in a row. Putting it in the air is just prelude to having it go through the hands of the receiver or back so hell with it.

I can't begin to evaluate Bevell or the QB play when we have one entire facet of the offense (catching the ball) completely nonexistent for an entire game.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:36 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:I think the WR's coach needs to get his guys on a jug machine.

That's funny because of your avatar.
    HawkGA
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:21 am
  • Yeah, the Tate drop on the slant was a real bummer. It's the kind of thing that makes play callers just not call that -- it was a perfectly thrown ball against OK defense, nothing stellar, and he just didn't haul it in.

(The other four drops were terrible, too, it's hard to pick which one I hated the most, actually.)
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:27 am
  • Bevel can't catch passes for the receivers. There were 5 drops that I saw were very catchable and should have been caught. You simply CANNOT have that many drops in a game and expect to win. They were momentum killers. I don't know how you can catch a game winning 40 yard bomb one game, then drop an easy 10 yarder the next.
    ~ The Stache'
    Zowert
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:37 am
  • Zowert wrote:Bevel can't catch passes for the receivers. There were 5 drops that I saw were very catchable and should have been caught. You simply CANNOT have that many drops in a game and expect to win. They were momentum killers. I don't know how you can catch a game winning 40 yard bomb one game, then drop an easy 10 yarder the next.

:13: If our players catch those balls, Bevell looks like a genius. Because they didn't hes the goat.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:33 am
  • Not exactly all about receivers catching the ball. I thought the overall play calling in the second half was atrocious- drop by Tate on the slant aside.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:12 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information