I think BEVEL might take the fall

redeye81

Reaction score
how can you not expect more from your offense..

This guy is in charge and so far not good..

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I want to see more of a short, and intermediate passing game. That has been non-existant this year, and they are essentially to any offense.

OP
OP
R

redeye81

Reaction score
I agree with the jug machine comment but still.. something stinks with our game plan.. i mean the screens and short passes were working in 1st half and we stop running them?? WTF???

vance_jetzt

Reaction score
This is what our offense looks like against a normal secondary. Far better than NE's.

seanoob

Reaction score
can't blame bevell for the 5 dropped passes. sigh. there was so much pressure to score against that nasty SF D in the 2nd half.

Lithium

Reaction score
Since we all agree our WR's suck A**, why do we insist on running this Patriots 5wr bull ish. we should be doing the same type of plays that SF ran on us.

ensett

Reaction score
vance_jetzt":10g4sn7h said:
This is what our offense looks like against a normal secondary. Far better than NE's.

this is far beyond a "normal" secondary. We won't play a defense this good again even if we make the superbowl (except for playing them again obviously)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Right because it was Bevell who dropped all those passes or threw a ball into triple coverage to get picked. Good call.

Coaching didn't lose the game. Inability to do simple fundamentals lost the game.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Yea, we should fire Bevell for the WR corps that we have.

They seriously are better than they showed tonight, but until we (as a team) play better in big moments, it's going to suck.

So, the play calling sucked ? Miller was open, and dropped the ball.
Tate was open, and dropped the ball.
Turbin's play call was a thing of beauty. He was wide open. And dropped the ball.
The screen to Lynch was the perfect call. And he dropped it.

Sure, fire Bevell for all of that.

knownone

Reaction score
GoldenIsThyTate":22v249h5 said:
Since we all agree our WR's suck A**, why do we insist on running this Patriots 5wr bull ish. we should be doing the same type of plays that SF ran on us.
Like run 4 wide in a bunch set, with the fastest tight end in the game?

pehawk

Reaction score
Well, Bevell IS LACKING with his in-game playcalling, period. Want proof? Look how well all the first 12-15 scripted plays go; pretty damn stellar. After that? Eeekkk...

razor150

Reaction score
Every piece if our offense has been bad outside of Lynch, including Bevell and Wilson. I am not an Xs and Os guy but I'd like to know where is our over the middle throws? Where are the check downs? Why aren't we using our TEs?

49ers won because they had Alex Smith checking down when there was nothing down field. Their TD came on a crossing route from their TE. Wilson wasn't doing that. Is that by design or can Wilson just not do that?

blue 22

Reaction score
sorry. Mr bevel's play calling continues to blow regardless of the dropped passes. the guy is no bueno. its going to cost us. watch.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Please. Catch the ball Turbin, Tate, etc. Hey WRs, Turbin way to hang your QB and team out.

aku

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2bp0s91y said:
I want to see more of a short, and intermediate passing game. That has been non-existant this year, and they are essentially to any offense.
I agree with that. I think Carroll should have the entire offense working on it this next week. For all the things Wilson does well, 3-step and 5-step drop timing passes are not among them. And he's certainly not getting any help by the receivers failing to beat coverage. This "boom or bust" passing game is not going to consistently get us in the endzone, despite how beautiful a game winning bomb might look.

But yeah, this particular week had more to do with dropping the ball than anything else.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
If I recall PC stated that this game would be won by the team that was better prepared. He was right. Niners had more balanced playcalling and their players were better prepared.
Wilson was sharp early on but not in sync with the receivers who kept dropping the balls. Bevell didn't even let Wilson throw his 20th ball until the final desparate drive.

razor150

Reaction score
Hawkfish":3pdvhtge said:
Please. Catch the ball Turbin, Tate, etc. Hey WRs, Turbin way to hang your QB and team out.

Unless you consider a TE a WR the only receiver I saw drop a ball was Tate.

Smoke

Reaction score
Yes Wr's dropping the ball 5 times was one thing to contend with....

But holy lord, running 9 times in a row is BS.

Crappy crosses that net 5 yards on 3rd and 12 is pure crapfest. Lets pass the first 2 downs more than one time per game, please

Latest posts