What Pi**es Me Off The Most

Jiggy

Reaction score
0 and 3 in the division. Going to be VERY hard to make the playoffs with that hole we have dug.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Every other team has a winning record in divison. Wildcard unlikely.

Mase

Reaction score
-- Or you can look at it without the frustrated after loss glasses on and realize we are only one game out of first in the division, with THREE division HOME games left and ZERO on the ROAD.

Mase

TheHawkDoc

Reaction score
I doubt SF is going to lose 3 games in the division so they'll own the tie-breaker for the division title. We'll have to finish with a better record than them to win the division, which is going to be really tough to do now.

ensett

Reaction score
We are 1 game back from the division lead, we can EASILY end the season with the MOST wins in the division. Bingo!

seanoob

Reaction score
We'll see what happens. I hate having to rely on other teams to beat the niners.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Agree with TheHawkDoc and seanoob.

Better to control your own destiny, and unless we win out, we're fighting uphill at this point.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Are you serious? We've dug a hole? We're not even through half a season, we've played the toughest part of our schedule, we're 4-3 and one whole game out of first place (Oh, the humanity!). We just played a damn tough game against everyone's NFC Super Bowl favorite who had been lounging at home for the past 22 days while we've been traveling to St Louis, Carolina and beating the AFC Super Bowl favorite in our house. Just put English and Walter Football at the top of your favorites list and start reading about next years draft. The rest of us are going to watch a damn good team play for the NFL Championship.

Zabooni

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":25rb8aq5 said:
Are you serious? We've dug a hole? We're not even through half a season, we've played the toughest part of our schedule, we're 4-3 and one whole game out of first place (Oh, the humanity!). We just played a damn tough game against everyone's NFC Super Bowl favorite who had been lounging at home for the past 22 days while we've been traveling to St Louis, Carolina and beating the AFC Super Bowl favorite in our house. Just put English and Walter Football at the top of your favorites list and start reading about next years draft. The rest of us are going to watch a damn good team play for the NFL Championship.

Yeah I agree. We're one game off from division lead. We have some easier games coming up, as long as we win some games vs. mediocre teams we should be a lock for the wildcard. No need to overreact.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
0-3 in the division sucks, yes. We do play great at home and 3-3 would be awesome within the division but it is hardly the only factor that will determine if we go to the playoffs.

We've been in every game so far this year, a far cry from where we've been in the past years. Tonight, we let the Niners beat us. They didn't execute extremely well either and we gave up some plays but our offense gave up more. The dropped balls really hurt, especially when there were several good balls that were on the money.

Tonight we saw what checkdowns can do and I think we need to see a bit more maturity from Russ to go through his progression and take the checkdowns that are there rather than the double or triple teamed receiver going for the flashy play. He's getting better and I am confident we will see some improved play. His tosses are on target for the most part, he just needs to refine his decision making.

I think our defense got slightly exposed tonight as well and I will be very interested to see how our coaches respond. I didn't think we would have this good of a record when I saw the schedule and I have to say that watching how the Seahawks have played this year, I'm disappointed. We could easily have been better and I love where we are going to be when we get this thing rolling.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Mase":eop7j2ug said:
-- Or you can look at it without the frustrated after loss glasses on and realize we are only one game out of first in the division, with THREE division HOME games left and ZERO on the ROAD.

Mase

Perspective.....now there is a concept not utilized on this board often enough IMHO.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Hawks46":687ck114 said:
Every other team has a winning record in divison. Wildcard unlikely.
Every team in the division has six divisional games to play. No team in the division has played six divisional games yet. Divisional records at this point mean nothing.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Mase":3f0hvxhm said:
I said this elsewhere, but I have a funny feeling that every team in the division is going to go 3-3, everybody winning each divisional game at home.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
The schedule has been brutal and we've got some much easier matchups in the later part, plus we're at home a lot.

I think many posters hoped we'd go 4-4 in the first half, and 6-2 in the second half, for 10-6 and most likely wild card. I still see this as a plausible scenario.

It would be GREAT if we somehow snuck in as NFCW champion, it would require some sort of issue on the 49ers (like Justin Smith being suspended for enhancement drugs, just sayin', or maybe Alex Smith getting a serious concussion and missing a bunch of games) but this is football, they are capable of going into a swoon for no reason, just like any team (c.f. Dallas).

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Lot of pressure back on this team, they seem really close to pulling it together though. Anything can happen at this point but a 3 game win streak will make the playoff picture look a lot different.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Yea yea yea, we are 0-3 in the division...but we really need to slow up all the Whoa is me stuff here. We have 3 division home games to play and the Niners have all three of their road division games PLUS they play the Patriots away as well. Just us Winning our home divisional games puts us back to tied for first, as it means we'll beat both the Cards and Niners in our house. Then we just need the Cards and Niners to lose one more game than we do in the rest of the season. Since the cards and Niners play each other TWO times, they either each lose one or one loses both and immediately drops behind us. In either of these scenarios, one drops behind us in record and if they split, they BOTH drop behind us in record. Let's see what happens, there's still a lot of ball left and all we can do is play our games and see what happens.

Zowert

Reaction score
We haven't played a division game at home yet. We'll beat the Cards, Rams and even the Niners at home to go 3-3 in the division. Then we just need 10 wins and I think we can make the playoffs. We can win the next game in Detroit. Then beat the Vikings and Jets at home. Coming off a bye week, we can probably get the win in Miami. I don't know about beating the Bears in Chicago. 3 of the last 4 games are division games at home. The final road game is in Buffalo. The Bills are dreadful, our defense can shut them down and our offense will have tons of opportunities to win the game. If not, I actually think the defense can win the game on their own, lol! They'll pick Fitzpatrick off at least twice, maybe even get a pick six. At the very least intercept or force fumbles that get us in field goal range.

Rams and Cards I don't see us having problems with at home. The Niners, although historically bad when they play in Seattle, I think they're going to be in the playoff hunt. So given that we'll be up against them in the second to last game of the season, they'll be playing all out.

I am confident that this team, as they are now, can go 10-6. Which should be good enough for the wildcard playoffs. But who knows with how strong most of the NFC is this year. 10-6 may only be good enough for a 6th seed tie, or worse.

Latest posts