That sickening feeling in your stomach

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1zuujm6v said:
..other than the fact that going 0-3 in the division is not optimal. I'm sure the majority of the fan base agrees...

All road losses though. If you can steal a road conference win, that's great, but it's not expected........therefore I'm not freaking out over 0-3 in conference like others.

Recipe for NFC West Title for the Hawks = win home games, have better record for tie breakers.

Saltywohawk

Reaction score
I'm kind of feeling like this:

Jack Burton: Feel pretty good. I'm not, uh, I'm not scared at all.
I just feel kind of... feel kind of invincible.
Wang Chi: Me, too. I got a very positive attitude about this.
Jack Burton: Good, me too.
Wang Chi: Yeah!
[pause]
Jack Burton: Is it getting hot in here, or is it just me?

OP
OP
sainthawk29

sainthawk29

Reaction score
SHOCKER315":2gawju6o said:
sainthawk29":2gawju6o said:
After the results of the Hawks and 9ers game this last weekend, I was so confident that we would win this game.

Everything is pointing in our direction: momentum, the injury situation, the emergence of a offense.

But as the game keeps drawing near. I feeling keeps growing that this is a perfect let down game.

I hope this team comes out like a house of fire, and puts those feeling to rest, but man, I am starting to doubt this game.

Please .net slap some sense into me.

Sainthawk29 let me give you a few tid bits of advice I've learned recently.... ;)

(Spoken in my best RW impersonation)

Nervousness and doubt are what your feel when you’re not fully prepared. I think the biggest thing is to really focus in on the "now". Pay close attention to every detail… take constant notes. Keep improving. This game can really humble you, so you never want to get too high or too low. Just take one play at a time. That’s really the challenge about this league and this game. It's something you really have to prepare yourself for… if you want to be great.

Sainthawk29....Don't be afraid to be great!!!

Oh and... GO HAWKS!

I feel better now. I re-focused, bought beer and hot wings (my preparation).

I will take it one beer and one wing at a time. I will not quit. I will not worry if it gets too hot, or i get too drunk. And at the end no matter if we win or lose, I will know I competed.

drdiags

Reaction score
To me this game is about one unit. The Seahawks offense. All other units of both team have shown they can perform at a high enough level to win. This game will not allow one unit to depend on another to carry the day for them.

If the Seahawks offense can get back to their run level production and exhibit a pro-level production in the passing game, then it will be a true match of wills. The defense will do the best they can and hopefully special teams isn't giving up Ginn highlights.

Yep, it is the offense that helps level this game. Are they ready? I think they are growing. Tonight tells me whether they have started to gel. Really tough road test tonight but looking longer term, standing up to the bully and not backing down offensively will go a long way.

If the team plays flat, it will be because the offense just wasn't ready yet.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
There wont be any letdown. If we lose, we lose because we are playing a damn good team on the road.

We got nothing to lose in my opinion.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2vo4spac said:
There wont be any letdown. If we lose, we lose because we are playing a damn good team on the road.

We got nothing to lose in my opinion.

Yyyyyup. Tis what it is.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Somehow every game this year has felt like a playoff game. This one feels like the NFCCG.

After a quick run to the grocery, beer will be my cool, soothing stomach medicine.