What would the team look like if fans coached the team?

sturg78

Reaction score
I am loving the team that Pete and JS has built here in Seattle with a lot of head scratching moves that turn out perfectly. Seeing all the ballers we have gotten in late rounds of the draft and noticing all the usually negative news associated with players the fans really wanted to go after (Carson Palmer, Albert Hansworth, etc.) made me shudder to think what this team would look like if we had our way:

QB: Carson Palmer
HB: Justin Forsett
WR: TO, Lockett, Crabtree, etc.
TE: Carlson
OL: Spencer, etc
DL: Tapp, Nick Reed, etc.
LB: Lofa, Kouts
CB: Josh Wilson, Tru, etc
SS: Milloy
FS: Earl

...and who knows who else if the drafts went the way the some people had wanted. So I guess what I am trying to say is yay Pete.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If we are counting FAs, many on here wanted us to go all-in on Mario Williams and a bunch of us wanted Vonta Leach at FB and Johnathan Joseph at CB when they were available.

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
You mean if decisions were made by majority rule or popular "concensus"? We'd be 0-16 every year. Take it to the bank.

Slick

Reaction score
Taco Wallace would be starting WR. Mike Teel would be right there pushing Carson Palmer.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
LOL…
Not sure if the players would do it, but if the FANs were in control NO apposing QB would ever complete a pass and NO apposing RB would gain a yard. Every offensive series would be a 3 and out

Meanwhile our starting QB (be he the original starter or the backup coming off the bench) would complete every pass and all the RBs would rush for somewhere between 100 to 300 yards a game.

Of course that would be impossible because every punt return would be ran back for a TD… ;)

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
QB: Anyone but the current starter
HB: Someone younger
WR:A bunch of small, slow white guys picked in the late rounds to compare to Largent
TE: The guy you made in Madden
OL: 5 huge road graders that are also small and quick for zone blocking
DL: Doesn't matter as long as Mayock says they are "high motor"
LB: Isiah Kacyvenski
CB: Definitely no one from the CFL, LMAO
SS: Someone strong, obviously
FS: Anyone that can hit like Kenny Easley and has the range of Ed Reed. Not picky.

JKent82

Reaction score
We'd have zero picks left due to the incessant trades to move up in the draft and we'd have all new coordinators every few weeks.

Wait you said coached? They'd be pretty much left to rely on their natural talent and my madden playbook.

sainthawk29

Reaction score
There is no doubt in my mind that the starting RB for the last 4-5 years would have been Jesse Lumsden.

I can't remember anyone ever get as much love on this board than him. EVER

drdiags

Reaction score
We would play man and blitz every down. The DC would be shot whenever we tried to play zone. And don't even be thinking about no stinking 3-man rush, you hosers!

We would pass every down, then get to try all 3 downs again running. Which ever had the best results would count for our series. Rinse and repeat. Profit!

sainthawk29

Reaction score
Also, who ever the offense coordinator was he would never be allowed to run a draw on 3rd and long.

SirTed

Reaction score
I'm surprised at all of you.

If the fans ran this team, it would be comprised of street FA's and cast offs because we'd be cutting half the team every week and signing guys on our practice squad to long term lucrative deals.

Duh.

hawker84

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1tax2ole said:
Id like to think Sanchez would be our QB

na it would be Rick Mirer... wow what a shi**y pick.....bledsoe na, we'll go with Mirer...

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
drdiags":1zyxuw5q said:
We would pass every down, then get to try all 3 downs again running. Which ever had the best results would count for our series.
That's some funny chit right there. Thanks for the laffs, brother!