Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:49 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:15 am
Posts: 333
After the results of the Hawks and 9ers game this last weekend, I was so confident that we would win this game.

Everything is pointing in our direction: momentum, the injury situation, the emergence of a offense.

But as the game keeps drawing near. I feeling keeps growing that this is a perfect let down game.

I hope this team comes out like a house of fire, and puts those feeling to rest, but man, I am starting to doubt this game.

Please .net slap some sense into me.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:56 am 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
Posts: 7638
Location: Maple Valley, WA
It's called a Seahawks road game. You SHOULD feel that way or you haven't been a Seahawks fan for very long.

_________________
Image

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sicking feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:59 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:11 am
Posts: 890
Location: Camano Island, WA
Just having a positive attitude increases odds to 51% - 49% - in your favor.

"Never play with scared money".

_________________
<--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:00 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:58 pm
Posts: 656
Image

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:02 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7407
Location: CVN-68
I'm the opposite with this one. I am feeling very confident. I don't know why...I just am.

I think it's going to be a brutal/close/at times ugly battle. I think our defense is going to play it's ass off and keep us close, and we will find a way to make just enough plays.

Look for either a pick six, returned fumble or special teams TD.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:05 am 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21056
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014


Take THIS dammit.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:10 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2435
It's game #7 dude, no need to throw up over nerves just yet.

We'd still be 4-3 and going into the weaker part of our schedule for the home stretch. Any of us would have taken 5-2 or 4-3 when the schedule came out.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:11 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7848
I understand that feeling... and it's worse today knowing if there's one game it'd be great to win this year - it's this one.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:11 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:38 am
Posts: 921
Location: Anchorage, AK
Damn! His nose went first. Oooooch!

_________________
Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:16 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
why be worried, only pressure on us is loosing a division game ... no one is picking us to win tonight, and as much as i'm hoping for a victory, actually i want to pummel this team and make a huge statement. But as long as we go in there and play good hard nosed football, and put up an epic fight, i'm good win or lose... this game is about are we ready to play with the so called big boys, win or lose, i want to come out of there with our heads high and proud.. so yes i'll be screaming and cussing for a victory the whole way, but as long as they at least show up and put up a fight, i'm good with the outcome.. remember there is still a whole lotta games left after this, and our schedule get substantially easier after this game... so no worries.

go hawks , snap their little necks and take the west....... i have a feeling this team will continue to suprise us week after week. just get that vibe from this group this year....

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:19 am 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:30 pm
Posts: 1872
Location: Lynnwood, WA
I actually feel very confident we are going to win this game.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:21 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7407
Location: CVN-68
Sgt. Largent wrote:
It's game #7 dude, no need to throw up over nerves just yet.

We'd still be 4-3 and going into the weaker part of our schedule for the home stretch. Any of us would have taken 5-2 or 4-3 when the schedule came out.


Well, to be fair its the 49ers - who have owned us lately. We want this one bad.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:33 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:12 am
Posts: 6750
I am both confident we can win, and pooping myself due to nerves at the same time.

Oops! I just did it again...

:-(


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:42 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2435
FlyingGreg wrote:
Sgt. Largent wrote:
It's game #7 dude, no need to throw up over nerves just yet.

We'd still be 4-3 and going into the weaker part of our schedule for the home stretch. Any of us would have taken 5-2 or 4-3 when the schedule came out.


Well, to be fair its the 49ers - who have owned us lately. We want this one bad.


You can't want it badly without being sick to your stomach? I'm confused.

Just saying it's not like we're 2-4 and on the brink of being irrelevant for the rest of the season. 4-2 means this is not a must win game so early in the season.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:47 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 10:45 am
Posts: 276
Location: Tri-Cities, WA
XxxZagnutxxX wrote:
Damn! His nose went first. Oooooch!


You forgot the U, because now I have the sound "eeeeewwwch" in my head. :P


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:14 am 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:35 pm
Posts: 8
I feel very positive for this game. It is going to be so tight that it is going to rip our guts out. The Hawks will be down at least once in the second half but our D will keep us in it and, with a chance to win it at the end, the team comes through again. I don't know that it will be a grinding 6 minute drive to close them out, a special special teams play, a pick 6 or a Wilson lightning strike, but the Seahawks will be victorious and
I will, once again, be without a voice.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:22 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 pm
Posts: 771
I was feeling great untill i read this post LOL now i got that feeling in my stomach!!


just have to think of one thing and it goes away
.
.
OUR DEFENSE !!!!! GOO SEAAAHAWWWWKKSSSS


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:28 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7407
Location: CVN-68
Sgt. Largent wrote:
FlyingGreg wrote:
Sgt. Largent wrote:
It's game #7 dude, no need to throw up over nerves just yet.

We'd still be 4-3 and going into the weaker part of our schedule for the home stretch. Any of us would have taken 5-2 or 4-3 when the schedule came out.


Well, to be fair its the 49ers - who have owned us lately. We want this one bad.


You can't want it badly without being sick to your stomach? I'm confused.

Just saying it's not like we're 2-4 and on the brink of being irrelevant for the rest of the season. 4-2 means this is not a must win game so early in the season.


Not sure what's confusing you - it's just how sainthawk29 feels. Let him! :th2thumbs:

The point is, regardless of overall record, I can't think of a win I'd like to have more than this one. I agree, it won't make or break our season...other than the fact that going 0-3 in the division is not optimal. I'm sure the majority of the fan base agrees...

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:47 am 
* NET Hottie *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm
Posts: 2115
Ideally, I would love for them to win BOTH of the upcoming road games. I would hate it if they win this and let us down in Detroit while I am in attendance.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:00 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:05 pm
Posts: 601
Location: Portland
sainthawk29 wrote:
After the results of the Hawks and 9ers game this last weekend, I was so confident that we would win this game.

Everything is pointing in our direction: momentum, the injury situation, the emergence of a offense.

But as the game keeps drawing near. I feeling keeps growing that this is a perfect let down game.

I hope this team comes out like a house of fire, and puts those feeling to rest, but man, I am starting to doubt this game.

Please .net slap some sense into me.


Sainthawk29 let me give you a few tid bits of advice I've learned recently.... ;)

(Spoken in my best RW impersonation)

Nervousness and doubt are what your feel when you’re not fully prepared. I think the biggest thing is to really focus in on the "now". Pay close attention to every detail… take constant notes. Keep improving. This game can really humble you, so you never want to get too high or too low. Just take one play at a time. That’s really the challenge about this league and this game. It's something you really have to prepare yourself for… if you want to be great.

Sainthawk29....Don't be afraid to be great!!!

Oh and... GO HAWKS!

_________________
ImageImageImage


Last edited by SHOCKER315 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:01 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2435
FlyingGreg wrote:
..other than the fact that going 0-3 in the division is not optimal. I'm sure the majority of the fan base agrees...


All road losses though. If you can steal a road conference win, that's great, but it's not expected........therefore I'm not freaking out over 0-3 in conference like others.

Recipe for NFC West Title for the Hawks = win home games, have better record for tie breakers.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:08 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:30 am
Posts: 6
I'm kind of feeling like this:

Jack Burton: Feel pretty good. I'm not, uh, I'm not scared at all.
I just feel kind of... feel kind of invincible.
Wang Chi: Me, too. I got a very positive attitude about this.
Jack Burton: Good, me too.
Wang Chi: Yeah!
[pause]
Jack Burton: Is it getting hot in here, or is it just me?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:11 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:15 am
Posts: 333
SHOCKER315 wrote:
sainthawk29 wrote:
After the results of the Hawks and 9ers game this last weekend, I was so confident that we would win this game.

Everything is pointing in our direction: momentum, the injury situation, the emergence of a offense.

But as the game keeps drawing near. I feeling keeps growing that this is a perfect let down game.

I hope this team comes out like a house of fire, and puts those feeling to rest, but man, I am starting to doubt this game.

Please .net slap some sense into me.



Sainthawk29 let me give you a few tid bits of advice I've learned recently.... ;)

(Spoken in my best RW impersonation)

Nervousness and doubt are what your feel when you’re not fully prepared. I think the biggest thing is to really focus in on the "now". Pay close attention to every detail… take constant notes. Keep improving. This game can really humble you, so you never want to get too high or too low. Just take one play at a time. That’s really the challenge about this league and this game. It's something you really have to prepare yourself for… if you want to be great.

Sainthawk29....Don't be afraid to be great!!!

Oh and... GO HAWKS!


I feel better now. I re-focused, bought beer and hot wings (my preparation).

I will take it one beer and one wing at a time. I will not quit. I will not worry if it gets too hot, or i get too drunk. And at the end no matter if we win or lose, I will know I competed.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:29 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
Posts: 8853
Location: Covington, Washington
To me this game is about one unit. The Seahawks offense. All other units of both team have shown they can perform at a high enough level to win. This game will not allow one unit to depend on another to carry the day for them.

If the Seahawks offense can get back to their run level production and exhibit a pro-level production in the passing game, then it will be a true match of wills. The defense will do the best they can and hopefully special teams isn't giving up Ginn highlights.

Yep, it is the offense that helps level this game. Are they ready? I think they are growing. Tonight tells me whether they have started to gel. Really tough road test tonight but looking longer term, standing up to the bully and not backing down offensively will go a long way.

If the team plays flat, it will be because the offense just wasn't ready yet.

_________________
Image
Leon Washington 2010-2012 Sidney Rice 2011-2013 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:40 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
i agree 100% good take

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:20 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8817
Location: Granite Falls, WA
There wont be any letdown. If we lose, we lose because we are playing a damn good team on the road.

We got nothing to lose in my opinion.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:23 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm
Posts: 1429
Tech Worlds wrote:
There wont be any letdown. If we lose, we lose because we are playing a damn good team on the road.

We got nothing to lose in my opinion.


Yyyyyup. Tis what it is.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:44 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1290
Location: Olympia
Somehow every game this year has felt like a playoff game. This one feels like the NFCCG.

After a quick run to the grocery, beer will be my cool, soothing stomach medicine.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BeaHUman, dontbelikethat, etanate, Google [Bot], Highlordb, HoustonHawk82, jpetty38, LargentFan, Meanbob, onanygivensunday, Seanhawk, SeatownJay, tdlabrie, theascension, UK_Seahawk and 124 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.