That sickening feeling in your stomach

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
That sickening feeling in your stomach
Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:49 am
  • After the results of the Hawks and 9ers game this last weekend, I was so confident that we would win this game.

Everything is pointing in our direction: momentum, the injury situation, the emergence of a offense.

But as the game keeps drawing near. I feeling keeps growing that this is a perfect let down game.

I hope this team comes out like a house of fire, and puts those feeling to rest, but man, I am starting to doubt this game.

Please .net slap some sense into me.
    sainthawk29
    NET Starter

• It's called a Seahawks road game. You SHOULD feel that way or you haven't been a Seahawks fan for very long.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: That sicking feeling in your stomach
Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:59 am
  • Just having a positive attitude increases odds to 51% - 49% - in your favor.

"Never play with scared money".
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

Re: That sickening feeling in your stomach
Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:00 am
    DynoHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:02 am
  • I'm the opposite with this one. I am feeling very confident. I don't know why...I just am.

I think it's going to be a brutal/close/at times ugly battle. I think our defense is going to play it's ass off and keep us close, and we will find a way to make just enough plays.

Look for either a pick six, returned fumble or special teams TD.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:05 am

• Take THIS dammit.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:10 am
  • It's game #7 dude, no need to throw up over nerves just yet.

We'd still be 4-3 and going into the weaker part of our schedule for the home stretch. Any of us would have taken 5-2 or 4-3 when the schedule came out.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:11 am
  • I understand that feeling... and it's worse today knowing if there's one game it'd be great to win this year - it's this one.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:11 am
  • Damn! His nose went first. Oooooch!
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:16 am
  • why be worried, only pressure on us is loosing a division game ... no one is picking us to win tonight, and as much as i'm hoping for a victory, actually i want to pummel this team and make a huge statement. But as long as we go in there and play good hard nosed football, and put up an epic fight, i'm good win or lose... this game is about are we ready to play with the so called big boys, win or lose, i want to come out of there with our heads high and proud.. so yes i'll be screaming and cussing for a victory the whole way, but as long as they at least show up and put up a fight, i'm good with the outcome.. remember there is still a whole lotta games left after this, and our schedule get substantially easier after this game... so no worries.

go hawks , snap their little necks and take the west....... i have a feeling this team will continue to suprise us week after week. just get that vibe from this group this year....
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:19 am
  • I actually feel very confident we are going to win this game.
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:21 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:It's game #7 dude, no need to throw up over nerves just yet.

We'd still be 4-3 and going into the weaker part of our schedule for the home stretch. Any of us would have taken 5-2 or 4-3 when the schedule came out.

Well, to be fair its the 49ers - who have owned us lately. We want this one bad.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:33 am
  • I am both confident we can win, and pooping myself due to nerves at the same time.

Oops! I just did it again...

:-(
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:42 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:It's game #7 dude, no need to throw up over nerves just yet.

Well, to be fair its the 49ers - who have owned us lately. We want this one bad.

You can't want it badly without being sick to your stomach? I'm confused.

Just saying it's not like we're 2-4 and on the brink of being irrelevant for the rest of the season. 4-2 means this is not a must win game so early in the season.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:47 am
  • XxxZagnutxxX wrote:Damn! His nose went first. Oooooch!

You forgot the U, because now I have the sound "eeeeewwwch" in my head. :P
    BAllenHawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:14 am
  • I feel very positive for this game. It is going to be so tight that it is going to rip our guts out. The Hawks will be down at least once in the second half but our D will keep us in it and, with a chance to win it at the end, the team comes through again. I don't know that it will be a grinding 6 minute drive to close them out, a special special teams play, a pick 6 or a Wilson lightning strike, but the Seahawks will be victorious and
    I will, once again, be without a voice.
    cvcahawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:22 am
  • I was feeling great untill i read this post LOL now i got that feeling in my stomach!!

just have to think of one thing and it goes away
    OUR DEFENSE !!!!! GOO SEAAAHAWWWWKKSSSS
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:28 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:It's game #7 dude, no need to throw up over nerves just yet.

You can't want it badly without being sick to your stomach? I'm confused.

Just saying it's not like we're 2-4 and on the brink of being irrelevant for the rest of the season. 4-2 means this is not a must win game so early in the season.

Not sure what's confusing you - it's just how sainthawk29 feels. Let him! :th2thumbs:

The point is, regardless of overall record, I can't think of a win I'd like to have more than this one. I agree, it won't make or break our season...other than the fact that going 0-3 in the division is not optimal. I'm sure the majority of the fan base agrees...
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:47 am
  • Ideally, I would love for them to win BOTH of the upcoming road games. I would hate it if they win this and let us down in Detroit while I am in attendance.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:00 pm
  • sainthawk29 wrote:After the results of the Hawks and 9ers game this last weekend, I was so confident that we would win this game.

Everything is pointing in our direction: momentum, the injury situation, the emergence of a offense.

But as the game keeps drawing near. I feeling keeps growing that this is a perfect let down game.

I hope this team comes out like a house of fire, and puts those feeling to rest, but man, I am starting to doubt this game.

Sainthawk29 let me give you a few tid bits of advice I've learned recently.... ;)

(Spoken in my best RW impersonation)

Nervousness and doubt are what your feel when you’re not fully prepared. I think the biggest thing is to really focus in on the "now". Pay close attention to every detail… take constant notes. Keep improving. This game can really humble you, so you never want to get too high or too low. Just take one play at a time. That’s really the challenge about this league and this game. It's something you really have to prepare yourself for… if you want to be great.

Sainthawk29....Don't be afraid to be great!!!

Oh and... GO HAWKS!
    Last edited by SHOCKER315 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SHOCKER315
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:01 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:..other than the fact that going 0-3 in the division is not optimal. I'm sure the majority of the fan base agrees...

All road losses though. If you can steal a road conference win, that's great, but it's not expected........therefore I'm not freaking out over 0-3 in conference like others.

Recipe for NFC West Title for the Hawks = win home games, have better record for tie breakers.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:08 pm
  • I'm kind of feeling like this:

Jack Burton: Feel pretty good. I'm not, uh, I'm not scared at all.
    I just feel kind of... feel kind of invincible.
    Wang Chi: Me, too. I got a very positive attitude about this.
    Jack Burton: Good, me too.
    Wang Chi: Yeah!
    [pause]
    Jack Burton: Is it getting hot in here, or is it just me?
    Saltywohawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:11 pm
  • SHOCKER315 wrote:
    sainthawk29 wrote:After the results of the Hawks and 9ers game this last weekend, I was so confident that we would win this game.

Sainthawk29 let me give you a few tid bits of advice I've learned recently.... ;)

(Spoken in my best RW impersonation)

Nervousness and doubt are what your feel when you’re not fully prepared. I think the biggest thing is to really focus in on the "now". Pay close attention to every detail… take constant notes. Keep improving. This game can really humble you, so you never want to get too high or too low. Just take one play at a time. That’s really the challenge about this league and this game. It's something you really have to prepare yourself for… if you want to be great.

Sainthawk29....Don't be afraid to be great!!!

Oh and... GO HAWKS!

I feel better now. I re-focused, bought beer and hot wings (my preparation).

I will take it one beer and one wing at a time. I will not quit. I will not worry if it gets too hot, or i get too drunk. And at the end no matter if we win or lose, I will know I competed.
    sainthawk29
    NET Starter

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:29 pm
  • To me this game is about one unit. The Seahawks offense. All other units of both team have shown they can perform at a high enough level to win. This game will not allow one unit to depend on another to carry the day for them.

If the Seahawks offense can get back to their run level production and exhibit a pro-level production in the passing game, then it will be a true match of wills. The defense will do the best they can and hopefully special teams isn't giving up Ginn highlights.

Yep, it is the offense that helps level this game. Are they ready? I think they are growing. Tonight tells me whether they have started to gel. Really tough road test tonight but looking longer term, standing up to the bully and not backing down offensively will go a long way.

If the team plays flat, it will be because the offense just wasn't ready yet.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:40 pm
  • i agree 100% good take
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• There wont be any letdown. If we lose, we lose because we are playing a damn good team on the road.

We got nothing to lose in my opinion.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Tech Worlds wrote:There wont be any letdown. If we lose, we lose because we are playing a damn good team on the road.

We got nothing to lose in my opinion.

Yyyyyup. Tis what it is.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

• Somehow every game this year has felt like a playoff game. This one feels like the NFCCG.

After a quick run to the grocery, beer will be my cool, soothing stomach medicine.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information