Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ 49ers)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • For most of us, being a long-time diehard of the Seahawks (or even any sport team) tends to make one superstitious by default.

Maybe you noticed you were wearing a certain jersey when they went on a winning streak. Or you never, EVER watch a game without "doing this". Even if you don't believe in superstition, you find yourself doing them, even subconsciously, "just in case."

My Fearless Prediction threads tend to follow that philosophy. This month I am knee-deep in "Trends". Ever since I picked the Seahawks to beat the Rams and they lost, I felt it necessary to pick against the Seahawks to see if the tides of misfortune would overturn in our favor. So I predicted a Seahawks loss to the Panthers. Win. A Seahawks loss to the Patriots. Win.

You see where this is going, don't you?

As if I have a choice this week.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 13 - 49ers 17

Aros' Record To Date: A Happy 2-4

"We're picking up speed. The train is coming." - Earl Thomas 11/15/14
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I'm in the same boat Aros. I feel like the Seahawks can win this week. I really do. But the Niners will be tough and I proudly sport my record to date.

49ers 19
    Seahawks 17

My Record to Date: 0-6
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• I'll reverse your prediction, Aros....Hawks 17 - Niners 13 Tough game!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• We win 2-1. Our defense is suffocating and we record a safety.

The game is actually a shutout, but we feel so bad for the Whiners that we let David Akers come out and kick an extra point.
    @SeahawkGreg

GIVE US YOUR PINK SLIP, SANTA CLARA WHINERS. WE OWN YOU
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• I think we come in flat after the big win on sunday..... Wilson will struggle against a better def

49ers win 20-13

record to date is 1-5
    kendog2639
    NET Starter

• Seahawks win, 16-3. Our Defense wants this one and wants it bad. 9ers O-line is not stellar. We don't have to fear Smith, only Vernon Davis, and I think a certain Mr. Wright and a certain Mr Chancellor are going to have their eyes on Davis the entire game. Offense will show improvements, but the 49ers defense is a very very good one. Lynch will be pivotal here in controlling the clock and keeping the chains moving. we stall a couple of times in the red zone, but it's ok. A win is a win is a win.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• I think we come out flat, and the 49ers come to play after what happened to them on Sunday.

49ers 20
    Seahawks 9
    Do you like curry? - Gareth Keenan
    DYLcurry59
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks keep hearing about how they're pretenders and they didn't deserve to win against the Patriots or the Packers. I say they come out with some fire. ET gets his first pick 6.

16-6 Seattle.

Record so far: 3-3
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Im not sure . I honestly have extremly mixed feelings about this game.

RW won't have nearly as much time as he did last week. im going to have to go with 16-10 49ers
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

• I think the home team has a huge advantage on Thursday night games, outside of week 1 of NFL where the teams had more time to prep for the Wednesday game, the home team has won 4 out of 5 of the Thursday night games.

I think to play the 49ers well our defense has to stop the run and force Smith into making plays to win the game, Smith isn't that great of a QB he can't win games on his own, this is a lot easier said then done as the 49ers are a really good team. I just don't see this one going our way, isn't a bad thing I still think we will be at 6 wins going into the bye which will give us the opportunity to be able to finish the season strong.

Seahawks 10
    SF 17
    the ditch
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• I'm going to go bold here and predict a BLOW OUT, yes a BLOW OUT of the Niners......

Seahawks 28

Niners 0, zero, zilch,nada, denied,
    Beer, Football, Family=A wonderful life.
    Hawknight
    * Class Act Hawk Fan *

• Each week, we're in the game to win it. Each week we keep getting better and better. Each week something different gets fixed on the offense, and suddenly we're not looking as bad as at the start of the season. Yes, this is a much better defense than we've faced. Yes, they're incredibly impressive. But we've faced tough defenses before. Many of them, back to back to back. We've heard how so-and-so defense was just too much for our offense to do anything against. We've heard how we couldn't hang, how we'd get blown out by the "good" teams. Well that hasn't happened. We've been competitive, in the games. Improving.

What do you bet it's "can't win on the road against a good team" that gets fixed this week?

Seahawks 24
    49ers 19
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:Each week, we're in the game to win it. Each week we keep getting better and better. Each week something different gets fixed on the offense, and suddenly we're not looking as bad as at the start of the season. Yes, this is a much better defense than we've faced. Yes, they're incredibly impressive. But we've faced tough defenses before. Many of them, back to back to back. We've heard how so-and-so defense was just too much for our offense to do anything against. We've heard how we couldn't hang, how we'd get blown out by the "good" teams. Well that hasn't happened. We've been competitive, in the games. Improving.

What do you bet it's "can't win on the road against a good team" that gets fixed this week?

Seahawks 24
    49ers 19

AMEN my Seahawks Brotha!

:D
    Beer, Football, Family=A wonderful life.
    Hawknight
    * Class Act Hawk Fan *

• I think we see both teams play a good, tough game. I will give the edge to the home team. I think both teams will really need the extra time off after this one. Hopefully my trend of always picking wrong continues

49ers 17
    Hawks 13

Record: 0-6
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:Yes, this is a much better defense than we've faced. Yes, they're incredibly impressive. But we've faced tough defenses before. Many of them, back to back to back.

I'm pretty sure the Seahawks have faced a defense as good as theirs. That would be OURS in practice every single week! :thirishdrinkers:

"We're picking up speed. The train is coming." - Earl Thomas 11/15/14
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• My top Three most hated teams in sports in order.......Yankees.....Cowboys.....49ers. God I want this win bad!!

I am 0-6 for predictions on the year so let's ride with it......LOL.

Whiners: 6
    Seahawks: 3
    BEEF46
    NET Rookie

• I think we get back to running the heck out of the football. Don't think we'll try to open up the passing game as much as last week. A tough physical battle between two very similiar and rated teams. I think SF has the edge at home and will take this one and we'll take the one at the Clink.

Hawks 13
    San Fran 17

Record to date: 1-3 (missed a couple or the record would probably be worse :oops: )
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran

• I have been saying for a while now that this isnt the same ol' Seahawks.This Team believes in each other and are not going to be denied.Russell Wilson is going to play like Alex Smith wish he could,Marshawn Lynch is going to wear the defense out and the defense will contain and intimidate Alex Smith.The 49ers WR's will get a case of alligator arms by the second half.Seahawks will bully the 49ers with a convincing W.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

• HawkFan72 wrote:I'm in the same boat Aros. I feel like the Seahawks can win this week. I really do. But the Niners will be tough and I proudly sport my record to date.

49ers 19
    Seahawks 17

My Record to Date: 0-6

And a ditto for me. I'm also 0-6 and workin' hard to go 0-7. I'll say...

Whiners 16
    Hawks 13
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Seahawks score 49 points just to rub it in a little bit. Seahawks win 49-0.

after which we're still behind SF in the Power Rankings.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• 13-10 seahawks

Game is a defensive struggle and Russell come through at the end to lead a drive down the field for the game winning field goal. Huashka hits a 45 yarder to win.

Sorry don't know how to spell Stevens (kicker) last name.
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran

• Something in me has been irrationally optimistic about this game for two weeks. Couldn't tell you why.

Seahawks 20
    49ers 17
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Something in me has been irrationally optimistic about this game for two weeks. Couldn't tell you why.

Seahawks 20
    49ers 17

I'm genuinely shocked by this. Honestly.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• Our staff tries to find out just how well Wilson can throw against a very good defense. He succeeds. 27-13, Seahawks.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• 34-16 Hawks

Can't wait!
    "The problem with the internet is, that one can never trust the authenticity of a source." - Abraham Lincoln
    Hawker
    NET Rookie

• Because they got their ass kicked at home and do not have to travel this will be tough.

I believe we split with all NFC West teams and this is the toughest of them all. :49ersmall:

Seahawks 13 Niners 17...I do think it could reverse with this exact score as well.
    hawksmode
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• 9rs had their WOES last Sunday, and that will continue on Thursday, they don't have enough time to lick their wounds and get themselves healthy enough to stop the Seahawks from beating them.
    Look for Pete to get his boys up for the brawl, cuz it ain't only the 49rs that are playing for prides sake.

SEAHAWKS 24, 49rs 17
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• 19-15 SEAHAWKS.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Defensive battle, Wilson rushes for the only TD of the day and drives the team late in the 4th to kick a game winning FG.
    Hawks 13 - Niners 12

Record 4-2
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• Time to change a pattern?

@willbrinson Jim Harbaugh's lost 5 games with 49ers. In games following first 4 losses, opponents have scored 11 points. Combined.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Everyone say the 9ers are mad about last Sunday and I say so friggin what?....Are we supposed to not be mad about losing to them twice last year or not winning in SF for how many years now?

I'm Pissed......Seahawks stop Gore, create turnovers and win !!!!!

24-7
    Hey Cardinals..........The FUN is OVER !!!
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I'll be watching w a SF fan/ good friend of mine...and constantly (I hope) texting another fan/ friend in another state. My text to the latter last night was 16-13 Hawks...but then I wrote another to him later in the conversation and said it could just as easily be 24-0 Niners.

Honestly though, I can't find more than one TD per team; whoever has the ball last wins with a FG. I'll stick to the original:

16-13 good guys, and then we can really start seeing some national run. :shock:
    LoneHawkFan
    NET Rookie

• unfortunately I think our offense stuggles tomorrow,...
    49ers 20 Hawks 13
    Hamhawk
    NET Veteran

• 49ers 23

Seahawks 10

Also proud to be 0-6 for the year.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• Hamhawk wrote:unfortunately I think our offense stuggles tomorrow,...
    49ers 20 Hawks 13

You are an honest man and sadly, I share your opinion. I think the teams are incredibly even...but I think this ends up a 10 pt win for the Niners: 26-16. I so badly want to be wrong.

These home teams on Thurs, Sun and Mon nites seem to benefit from an unusual amount of ticky-tack calls. Our guys are playing with a lot of emotion right now, throwing themselves around and talking a lot of smack. This could hurt us with some of these dinosaur refs. I won't be shocked if penalties cost us this game.

I think we will beat them by a similar margin at the Clink.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Hawks - 23

Niners - 17
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• The Seahawks have learned how to put the ball in the endzone.

24-10 Hawks.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

• This is a hard game to call. Both teams have incredible D and question marks on the offense. I think Seattle is a bit closer to solving some of those questions after the New England game. This should be a shoot out if the trends of these defenses continues, both teams are great against the run. Low scoring or high the game should be close. Even if Stayley is out SF has a good backup who went to the pro bowl last year, his performance may be lackluster though as he's not gotten a lot of play time this season. We can hope. Manningham being out may hurt their passing if he indeed sits, this then becomes a game to watch out for Moss sightings. Randy Moss may be old, but he's capable of making opponents pay for overlooking him. The legion needs to rattle these guys with some more bone crushing, earth shattering, monster hits. Anything they can do to disrupt the chemistry will help take points off the board for SF. Smith has an injured throwing hand so they need to be prepared for the possibility of Kaepernick. Above all they must contain Gore. It seems like every time we meet that guy finds some way to move the ball regardless of our efforts. I'm hoping Seattle keeps him out of the end zone as an echo of last year, but he's not the only one they are going to have to worry about as I think we all know how stacked they are at the RB position. I'm a bit nervous about this one being on a short week with little time to prepare coming off a huge game against NE.

I'm going to make a bold prediction and say the Hawks come out strong for a much needed divisional victory on the road.

38-24 Hawks.

My record to date 3-2
    I missed the prediction last week. I love and miss you mom rest in peace.

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

• Just when our hopes get up that we are finally turning the corner, this team kicks us in the nuts.

Gore looks like an All Pro and Vernon Davis makes Kam look like a wee girl in polka dot panties.

5 time Super Bowl Champion Niners - 31
    Seahawks - 10

Record to date 1-5
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• First time I've made a prediction. Last week I thought the Pats would beat us 27-13. A lot of the struggle of predicting is worrying if my team is going to have a lapse and be uncharacteristic.

It's gonna come down to the end of the game, most likely. Niners will probably be leading 19-13 and we have to score a touchdown to win. So my struggle is between 19-13 Niners win or 20-19 Seahawks win.

I'm going with momentum:

Seahawks 20
    Niners 19

Once again my heart is overtaxed...
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

• Hawks 19

Niners 16

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

• Seeing as we "normally" play like crap in games away from our home venue, especially against good teams, I predict:

Niners 27

Seahawks 13

But I have a feeling it could be worse than that. Though if we do win, it's always sweeter when you were expecting to lose...like a few games recently!

Funny though... a buddy of mine from work who's a major 9ers fan thinks the Seahawks are gonna win. I hope he's right!

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• I think this actually turns into a fantastic game.

Frank Gore early on is stuffed by the run and Alex Smith is knocked out in the 2nd quarter. Thanks to a fake field goal (so very uncharacteristic) the Seahawks lead at the half 7-0. Seahawks drive down the field on the first drive of the second half to take a 14-0 lead before Kaepernick is able to get into scoring range 3 times in a row. 14-13. Late in the fourth quarter Seahawks drive down before a fumble at mid field. SF recovers and once again 4 plays, 2 yards and the Hawks kneel it out.

Seahawks 14-13 final.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• It's a tough one but we pull it out in the end.

(My 3rd prediction)
    Seattle - 21
    San Fransisco - 10

RTD: 2-0
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• I'm going with my heart not reality this week ...

Seattle 17
    San Francisco 16

Record to date 4-2.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

• Bracing for a let down tomorrow. I just have a bad feeling about this one.

I would love to be wrong.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

• I'm actually with you Aros. Every time I say "I have a bad feeling about this" we come out and win.

I'm not saying it, as when you invoke Murphy's Law on purpose, it goes the opposite way.

I seriously do think that we don't quite win this game against a very good Niners defense

Seahawks 6
    49ers 9
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Nervous about this game but think the D gets a TD and we pull it out.
    Seahawks 20
    Whiners 17
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!
    Wiseguy
    NET Rookie

• 2-0 Hawks :mrgreen:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

Next

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:07 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information