Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ 49ers)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For most of us, being a long-time diehard of the Seahawks (or even any sport team) tends to make one superstitious by default.

Maybe you noticed you were wearing a certain jersey when they went on a winning streak. Or you never, EVER watch a game without "doing this". Even if you don't believe in superstition, you find yourself doing them, even subconsciously, "just in case."

My Fearless Prediction threads tend to follow that philosophy. This month I am knee-deep in "Trends". Ever since I picked the Seahawks to beat the Rams and they lost, I felt it necessary to pick against the Seahawks to see if the tides of misfortune would overturn in our favor. So I predicted a Seahawks loss to the Panthers. Win. A Seahawks loss to the Patriots. Win.

You see where this is going, don't you?

As if I have a choice this week.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 13 - 49ers 17

Aros' Record To Date: A Happy 2-4

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat Aros. I feel like the Seahawks can win this week. I really do. But the Niners will be tough and I proudly sport my record to date.

49ers 19
Seahawks 17

My Record to Date: 0-6

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
We win 2-1. Our defense is suffocating and we record a safety.

The game is actually a shutout, but we feel so bad for the Whiners that we let David Akers come out and kick an extra point.

kendog2639

Reaction score
I think we come in flat after the big win on sunday..... Wilson will struggle against a better def

49ers win 20-13

record to date is 1-5

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
I think we come out flat, and the 49ers come to play after what happened to them on Sunday.

49ers 20
Seahawks 9

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Seahawks keep hearing about how they're pretenders and they didn't deserve to win against the Patriots or the Packers. I say they come out with some fire. ET gets his first pick 6.

16-6 Seattle.

Record so far: 3-3

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Im not sure . I honestly have extremly mixed feelings about this game.

RW won't have nearly as much time as he did last week. im going to have to go with 16-10 49ers

the ditch

Reaction score
I think the home team has a huge advantage on Thursday night games, outside of week 1 of NFL where the teams had more time to prep for the Wednesday game, the home team has won 4 out of 5 of the Thursday night games.

I think to play the 49ers well our defense has to stop the run and force Smith into making plays to win the game, Smith isn't that great of a QB he can't win games on his own, this is a lot easier said then done as the 49ers are a really good team. I just don't see this one going our way, isn't a bad thing I still think we will be at 6 wins going into the bye which will give us the opportunity to be able to finish the season strong.

Seahawks 10
SF 17

Hawknight

Reaction score
I'm going to go bold here and predict a BLOW OUT, yes a BLOW OUT of the Niners......

Seahawks 28

Niners 0, zero, zilch,nada, denied,

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Each week, we're in the game to win it. Each week we keep getting better and better. Each week something different gets fixed on the offense, and suddenly we're not looking as bad as at the start of the season. Yes, this is a much better defense than we've faced. Yes, they're incredibly impressive. But we've faced tough defenses before. Many of them, back to back to back. We've heard how so-and-so defense was just too much for our offense to do anything against. We've heard how we couldn't hang, how we'd get blown out by the "good" teams. Well that hasn't happened. We've been competitive, in the games. Improving.

What do you bet it's "can't win on the road against a good team" that gets fixed this week?

Seahawks 24
49ers 19

Hawknight

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":l05w1ozl said:
Each week, we're in the game to win it. Each week we keep getting better and better. Each week something different gets fixed on the offense, and suddenly we're not looking as bad as at the start of the season. Yes, this is a much better defense than we've faced. Yes, they're incredibly impressive. But we've faced tough defenses before. Many of them, back to back to back. We've heard how so-and-so defense was just too much for our offense to do anything against. We've heard how we couldn't hang, how we'd get blown out by the "good" teams. Well that hasn't happened. We've been competitive, in the games. Improving.

What do you bet it's "can't win on the road against a good team" that gets fixed this week?

Seahawks 24
49ers 19

AMEN my Seahawks Brotha!

:D

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I think we see both teams play a good, tough game. I will give the edge to the home team. I think both teams will really need the extra time off after this one. Hopefully my trend of always picking wrong continues

49ers 17
Hawks 13

Record: 0-6

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3phfe7jl said:
Yes, this is a much better defense than we've faced. Yes, they're incredibly impressive. But we've faced tough defenses before. Many of them, back to back to back.

I'm pretty sure the Seahawks have faced a defense as good as theirs. That would be OURS in practice every single week! :thirishdrinkers:

BEEF46

Reaction score
My top Three most hated teams in sports in order.......Yankees.....Cowboys.....49ers. God I want this win bad!!

I am 0-6 for predictions on the year so let's ride with it......LOL.

Whiners: 6
Seahawks: 3

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I think we get back to running the heck out of the football. Don't think we'll try to open up the passing game as much as last week. A tough physical battle between two very similiar and rated teams. I think SF has the edge at home and will take this one and we'll take the one at the Clink.

Hawks 13
San Fran 17

Record to date: 1-3 (missed a couple or the record would probably be worse :oops: )

VHawk

Reaction score
I have been saying for a while now that this isnt the same ol' Seahawks.This Team believes in each other and are not going to be denied.Russell Wilson is going to play like Alex Smith wish he could,Marshawn Lynch is going to wear the defense out and the defense will contain and intimidate Alex Smith.The 49ers WR's will get a case of alligator arms by the second half.Seahawks will bully the 49ers with a convincing W.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkFan72":36sospyp said:
I'm in the same boat Aros. I feel like the Seahawks can win this week. I really do. But the Niners will be tough and I proudly sport my record to date.

49ers 19
Seahawks 17

My Record to Date: 0-6

And a ditto for me. I'm also 0-6 and workin' hard to go 0-7. I'll say...

Whiners 16
Hawks 13

Sac

Reaction score
Seahawks score 49 points just to rub it in a little bit. Seahawks win 49-0.

after which we're still behind SF in the Power Rankings.

Joey13091

Reaction score
13-10 seahawks

Game is a defensive struggle and Russell come through at the end to lead a drive down the field for the game winning field goal. Huashka hits a 45 yarder to win.

Sorry don't know how to spell Stevens (kicker) last name.

Latest posts