Did Seattle win, or did the Patriots just have an off day.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • For whatever reason Rodgers, Newton, Romo, and now Brady just seem to have off days when they played us. Typical huh?

    As I was pondering that, I thought of something and if it has been brought up I appologize.

    Of course this game featured the #1 D vs the #1 O. Much has been said about Sherm/Brady, Welker, TE's, Clock management, blah blah blah.

    I prefer to bring the scope of the game down to the final 3 minutes, with the winner and loser still undecided.

    My recap:
    With 3 minutes left in regulation looking at 4th and 3 deep in Seattle territory, Pete elects to trust his defense and punt the ball away. Highly risky, but the best call.

    The #1 O in the NFL really needed just 1 First Down to close out the game. 1 lousy First down. Our D hadn't forced one 3 and out yet and New England was known for only having (3) 3 and outs so far this season.

    We all know New England failed to get the 1st down, the 1st 3 and out of the game for us.

    We score, kick it off again, and then New England went 4 and out, turning the ball over on downs.

    Back to back, no 1st down allowed. Victory fair and square to Seattle as when it was money time, we rose to the top as our opponent was unable to move the ball.

    Let no one disrespect this win. The Seahawks are for real and I predict a Seattle victory Thursday.
    User avatar
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78
     
    Posts: 1505
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:44 pm
    Location: Smokey Point


  • Smith will probably have the next off day. No big deal.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18652
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


  • Well, they had bad day and Seattle gave it to em. :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    User avatar
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 2327
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:17 am
    Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George


  • If anyone is expecting it to change we have to keep this win streak going.

    :les:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


  • Seahawks won. NE played well, planned well for our running game, and they had us on the ropes up until 8 mins left. The Hawks D once again came up with the stops needed, Washington gets another big return, RW had his best season game yet, and our receivers burned them up.
    We won (and it's even better the talking heads ignore the proper props or credit).
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 658
    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:14 pm


  • You know, it's very similar to what we did to the Packers. We 3 and outed them with 2 minutes left, then concocted the game winning score. IIRC, GB was the #1 offense at the time.

    Funny how it's beginning to seem like we can win any game, if we just keep it close until closing time.

    Gotta love it.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 10158
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Monroe, WA


  • Every day is an off day for Alex Smith.

    Not sure how this guy gets so many accolades. Watch his throws to the WR's. They truly stink. The only throws he can make are crossing patterns, cover-2 beaters, and deep seams to VD. (eww that sounds gross). In any case he HAS had success against Seattle - mainly for 2 things: 1) He's proven to scramble then break a solid play on us. 2) He has always had VD (ew gross!) and Frank Gore.

    Is there any wonder they tried like hell to fix their WR issues? They are only marginally improved over last year; Crabtree is the only real difference on that team, aside from some basic experience improvements on the OL and some on defense.

    They were exposed again last week. Our team was built to beat the NFC West opponents... it will be a hard fought battle. Alex WILL have an off day.
    Image
    User avatar
    nsport
    * NET Sports Handicapper *
     
    Posts: 1436
    Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:13 am


  • LudwigsDrummer wrote:For whatever reason Rodgers, Newton, Romo, and now Brady just seem to have off days when they played us. Typical huh?

    As I was pondering that, I thought of something and if it has been brought up I appologize.

    Of course this game featured the #1 D vs the #1 O. Much has been said about Sherm/Brady, Welker, TE's, Clock management, blah blah blah.

    I prefer to bring the scope of the game down to the final 3 minutes, with the winner and loser still undecided.

    My recap:
    With 3 minutes left in regulation looking at 4th and 3 deep in Seattle territory, Pete elects to trust his defense and punt the ball away. Highly risky, but the best call.

    The #1 O in the NFL really needed just 1 First Down to close out the game. 1 lousy First down. Our D hadn't forced one 3 and out yet and New England was known for only having (3) 3 and outs so far this season.

    We all know New England failed to get the 1st down, the 1st 3 and out of the game for us.

    We score, kick it off again, and then New England went 4 and out, turning the ball over on downs.

    Back to back, no 1st down allowed. Victory fair and square to Seattle as when it was money time, we rose to the top as our opponent was unable to move the ball.

    Let no one disrespect this win. The Seahawks are for real and I predict a Seattle victory Thursday.

    While we are in a quest for the truth?, Tommy, CHOKED.
    He was flagged for intentional grounding, he was doing a Tarvarus Jackson imitatation by throwing the ball into the ground right in front of his Receivers at the time when great Quarterbacks are suppose to be able to force Defenses to respect his come from behind expertise.....He CHOKED :17:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3578
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


  • We are winning games in the fourth quarter, as opposed to fumbling them away like we did last year.
    Image
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    User avatar
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 675
    Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am


  • This is what I think happened.

    I think that Brady got away with a few picks that our DB's dropped. Two of which were for scores. That the game could have been a bigger win very easily.

    I also think Brady got tired, along with the rest of the NE offense. That they wanted to run it at a faster pace, but the Seahawks D outlasted them and it showed on Brady's throws. From the stands you could see they were tired.

    PC said earlier in the week, that the Hawks were ready to play that kind of game. That wasn't just talk. Look at these guys, they are all young and the few that aren't are in exceptional shape and their conditioning must be crazy.

    Our defense looks line an advertisement for performance enhancing drugs tested out on a track team except for Red, Branch and Mebane who are unique in their own way. I think the defense outlasted them in the end at it showed. That game could have easily been over in the 3rd if a few picks weren't dropped (wet ball)
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5846
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • Smith was awful Sunday, he looked like Singletary-Alex Smith. Amazing what a pass rush can do to a composed QB.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1155
    Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm


  • loafoftatupu wrote:This is what I think happened.

    I think that Brady got away with a few picks that our DB's dropped. Two of which were for scores. That the game could have been a bigger win very easily.

    I also think Brady got tired, along with the rest of the NE offense. That they wanted to run it at a faster pace, but the Seahawks D outlasted them and it showed on Brady's throws. From the stands you could see they were tired.

    PC said earlier in the week, that the Hawks were ready to play that kind of game. That wasn't just talk. Look at these guys, they are all young and the few that aren't are in exceptional shape and their conditioning must be crazy.

    Our defense looks line an advertisement for performance enhancing drugs tested out on a track team except for Red, Branch and Mebane who are unique in their own way. I think the defense outlasted them in the end at it showed. That game could have easily been over in the 3rd if a few picks weren't dropped (wet ball)


    I agree with your observation.
    We wore them out and beat the crap out of them.
    User avatar
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78
     
    Posts: 1505
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:44 pm
    Location: Smokey Point


  • Whoever plays us will automatically have an 'off' day :th2thumbs:
    Gifted1
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 33
    Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:52 pm


  • LudwigsDrummer wrote:For whatever reason Rodgers, Newton, Romo, and now Brady just seem to have off days when they played us. Typical huh?

    As I was pondering that, I thought of something and if it has been brought up I appologize.

    Of course this game featured the #1 D vs the #1 O. Much has been said about Sherm/Brady, Welker, TE's, Clock management, blah blah blah.

    I prefer to bring the scope of the game down to the final 3 minutes, with the winner and loser still undecided.

    My recap:
    With 3 minutes left in regulation looking at 4th and 3 deep in Seattle territory, Pete elects to trust his defense and punt the ball away. Highly risky, but the best call.

    The #1 O in the NFL really needed just 1 First Down to close out the game. 1 lousy First down. Our D hadn't forced one 3 and out yet and New England was known for only having (3) 3 and outs so far this season.

    We all know New England failed to get the 1st down, the 1st 3 and out of the game for us.

    We score, kick it off again, and then New England went 4 and out, turning the ball over on downs.

    Back to back, no 1st down allowed. Victory fair and square to Seattle as when it was money time, we rose to the top as our opponent was unable to move the ball.

    Let no one disrespect this win. The Seahawks are for real and I predict a Seattle victory Thursday.



    I actually thought you were going a different way with this, which made me think of something I hadn't before.

    This was #1 D vs. #1 O and when it came down to the wire our coach trusted our D by punting it , but on 4th down when they were still up by 6 they elected to punt it. Obviously this is the usual and most likely correct call, but they are the #1 O.

    Food for thought.
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    User avatar
    BigMeach
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 357
    Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:11 am


  • BB was shook
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3322
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:Smith will probably have the next off day. No big deal.

    I hope so, I even think so. But this is a road game so my Missouri show me tendencies are full on this week .....:)
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7480
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


  • Well, Y'all have been looking for a name for this D. How about the 'off-day' defense. So far we've made 4 high-powered offenses come up with excuses for their poor performances.
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2649
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


  • "Off Day?"

    Sure, whatever floats your boat. One of these days perhaps you may in fact acknowledge the ability to hang around causes many opportunities to cause opponents to have an off day.

    Perhaps even at the end of the year look at the number of off days for the opponents compared to those experienced by the Seahawks.

    Maybe then you might ask yourself, is this team improved? Maybe even at that time acknowledging they actually won a few games.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

    What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1865
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


  • We won, the stat says so.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19156
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • I get so tired of our wins against good teams being acknowledged as losses to the other team instead. Pisses me off. Hopefully when us winning becomes expected, that will shift.

    Wow, I think BigMeach is my lost twin.

    BigMeach's avatar

    Image

    Me (left, back row, with my wife in front of me)

    Image

    Weird eh?
    User avatar
    Lieutenant Dan
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 386
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:52 am
    Location: Memphis (Displaced Seattleite)


  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:Smith will probably have the next off day. No big deal.

    Or as I like to call it... "a day".
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    User avatar
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *
     
    Posts: 7046
    Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:56 pm


  • Didn't the Niners lose one of their OT's to injury against the Giants? Staley?
    User avatar
    Lieutenant Dan
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 386
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:52 am
    Location: Memphis (Displaced Seattleite)




It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:24 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information