Which event carried the most unnecessary media coverage?

Which event carried the most unnecessary media coverage in a Seahawk win?

• Goldengate Catch

Votes: 40 72.7%
  • Sean Lee hit and subsequent fine

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Richard Sherman trash-talking

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
As you know, the Seahawks can't get a big win this season without the national media giving a negative twist to it. You remember Golden Tate decleating Sean Lee, and Jerry Jones whining for a fine. You remember the "simultaneous catch" against Green Bay. And recently, you have seen Sherman's post-game words and picture go viral.

What do you think?

CANHawk

Reaction score
Oh the catch by far. Idiots still can't let that one go, even though there is clear and indisputable evidence that it was a legal touchdown. It'd make me mad if it weren't so Flippin funny...

Seahawksfan425

Reaction score
Trash talking happens every game. Not sure why NFL is paying so much attention to this particular situation. (Even though I do love it and love Ringworm Sherm).

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The GB game's final catch. Without a doubt. The others aren't even close, and the "Twitter drama" after the Patriots game is at least somewhat justifiable for the media to jump all over.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
The Twittergate has been a blast. I'm lovin it. The Tategate however, was a travesty.

Happy

Reaction score
Goldengate.

When did the packers turn into a bunch of princesses at a sweet 16 party anyway? Good lord they acted entitled and spoiled after that loss.

kearly

Reaction score
Tate hit for me. Pre-Goodell, that's a highlight reel hit not a dirty one.

The Tate catch deserved all the attention it got and then some. It is probably the most controversial officiating decision since at least the tuck rule.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
kearly":ohzc0hde said:

The Tate catch deserved all the attention it got and then some. It is probably the most controversial officiating decision since at least the tuck rule.

Since the Hochuli error or the Calvin Johnson game winning TD flip is probably more accurate.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
ESPN is still taking shots at us about the GB game. They showed highlights where Braylon made the TD reception. They referred to the flag and said it was a bad call (should've been OPI) and that isn't the first time we've gotten a call in the endzone.

SuperBowlXLChamps

Reaction score
kearly":2yl98rf5 said:

I'm sorry. It wasn't even the wrong call. It only got coverage because it was GB getting "screwed" with the replacement refs against a little-followed team like the Seahawks. If this was at Lambeau and the same call was made in favor of GB, we would hear NOTHING about it postgame. It was ESPN and the other major sports outlets catering to their audience.

Latest posts