DVOA upgrades Seattle to #2 defense

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
DVOA upgrades Seattle to #2 defense
Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:52 pm
  • #2 defense...vs both the rush AND the pass...against the NFL's very best quarterbacks. Never thought I'd live to see the day. :mrgreen: :3: :179417: :0190l: :49ersmall:

We're also #13 vs TE and #5 vs RB, vaaaast improvement from last year. Thanks Bobby Wagner.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef2012

Also nice to see that we've climbed to #20 in pass offense (above San Diego and Philly). Finally, someone smart enough to be more impressed with efficiency vs strong opponents than with flash and East Coast media hype.

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff2012
    Last edited by MontanaHawk05 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Re: DVOA upgrades Seattle to #2 defense
Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:58 pm
  • We're 7th in total efficiency.

Gentlemen, we're badass, so far.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:27 pm
  • #1 in home field advantage and #1 in trash talk. 8) Oh yeah!

One of the best defensive teams I've ever seen considering starting a rookie and the murders row of QB's we have had to play so far.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:43 pm
  • I love rooting/representing these guys. We all we got, We all we need!
    TalonHawk
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:38 am
  • Seems strange that our defense would go up after giving up almost 500 yards. Even to an elite offense, that's a long day. I'm guessing it's because DVOA is more concerned about efficiency, and on a per attempt basis, Brady actually had a below average game compared to the rest of the season.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:58 am
  • I was very worried after the first half. Sucks i couldn't watch but saw what i could on gamecast. Sherm and Earl don't get those ints its a different ball game. The adjustments and plays made by the defense and offense in the second half were great. Hopefully this is just the start of a long winning future which i think is coming. I just hope we can keep all these guys in the future although doubtful =(.
    Kelly.Orr
    NET Starter

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:04 am
  • Well we definately will not be able to keep everyone forever but the fact that we are able to find all this talent so well I'm quite confident that as we lose guys we will find replacements to keep us solid.
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    BigMeach
    NET Starter

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:17 am
  • Kelly.Orr wrote:I was very worried after the first half. Sucks i couldn't watch but saw what i could on gamecast. Sherm and Earl don't get those ints its a different ball game. The adjustments and plays made by the defense and offense in the second half were great. Hopefully this is just the start of a long winning future which i think is coming. I just hope we can keep all these guys in the future although doubtful =(.

If Earl Thomas doesn't drop 2 other INT's including one that was a sure fire 6 points the game would have been completely different as well.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:57 am
  • Navyhawkfan187 wrote:
    Kelly.Orr wrote:I was very worried after the first half. Sucks i couldn't watch but saw what i could on gamecast. Sherm and Earl don't get those ints its a different ball game. The adjustments and plays made by the defense and offense in the second half were great. Hopefully this is just the start of a long winning future which i think is coming. I just hope we can keep all these guys in the future although doubtful =(.

If Earl Thomas doesn't drop 2 other INT's including one that was a sure fire 6 points the game would have been completely different as well.

I don't see where everyone is convinced that Earl would have had a pick 6 on that first INT he dropped. He fell down on the play, so even if he caught it he most likely goes to the ground and then get's tackles shortly after getting up. Though I wished he would have caught it.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:12 am
  • Navyhawkfan187 wrote:
    Kelly.Orr wrote:I was very worried after the first half. Sucks i couldn't watch but saw what i could on gamecast. Sherm and Earl don't get those ints its a different ball game. The adjustments and plays made by the defense and offense in the second half were great. Hopefully this is just the start of a long winning future which i think is coming. I just hope we can keep all these guys in the future although doubtful =(.

I think he falls down because he dropped it. He jumped a little for it and it hit him right where it was supposed to. Clear pick 6 to me.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:18 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information