Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

How many elite players are on the Seahawks?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

Who is elite?

Max Unger
21
6%
Marshawn Lynch
68
20%
Earl Thomas
69
21%
Richard Sherman
72
22%
Chris Clemons
45
13%
Brandon Mebane
59
18%
 
Total votes : 334

  • Just curious to see what you guys think. ADVANCED POLL!!! :)

    I gotta go with Chris Clemons, Max Unger, Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman. Not bad, but most on defense obviously. You guys? Any you thought I missed?
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5369
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


  • MRob is elite.
    Sidney is knocking on the door of elite.
    KJ will be elite this time next year.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 12046
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


  • CANHawk wrote:MRob is elite.
    Sidney is knocking on the door of elite.
    KJ will be elite this time next year.


    I thought about putting Robinson on but only 6 options!!!!!!

    Sidney Rice no, sorry. But he's kinda close.

    And gotta agree on KJ, but not yet. I thought about putting him over Mebane though.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5369
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


  • Elite is a big word. I think we have 5.
    Marshawn Lynch
    Earl Thomas
    Richard Sherman
    Brandon Mebane
    Jon Ryan

    Unger, Red, and Clemons are close

    Browner, chancellor, Wagner, Robinson, and KJ Wright round out the potential pro bowlers

    This team definitely gets 6-8 on the pro bowl roster. The first four are locks to get voted in by the players. No question.
    mjwhitay
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 241
    Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:22 am


  • Unger's close, Clemons is somewhat of a system product (albeit an awesome one)...the other four, I think, would be anchors on any team.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 16385
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Unger's close, Clemons is somewhat of a system product (albeit an awesome one)...the other four, I think, would be anchors on any team.



    WTH you're supposed to be a skeptic, not insane optimist!!! :th2thumbs:
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5369
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


  • OUR ENTIRE TEAM IS ELITE!! WE THE BESSSSSSST!!
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 16474
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


  • A lot of talk around here about how great some people think we are. There is still a LOT of work to be done. We haven't done anything yet.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3528
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:47 pm
    Location: In Bruges


  • A healthy Rice for a full season with an in-sync QB targeting him could easily approach elite status.
    I was really torn about the Clemons pick. It's the "system" argument. But dammit, the dude has flat made plays against some very good O-Lines. Just ask Aaron Rogers...

    Can anyone with a strong opinion pro or con on Clemons as "elite" make the case for or against him with some good data points we should be considering?
    Data point #1 is the 'Hawks just gave him a new contract. So far Clemons is playing at or ABOVE his contract, IMO. (Another chorus of kudos to the front office on both signing him and having him play "worth it"). But what does "elite" mean? I think Clemons is elite for a LEO in Carroll's defensive system. But I don't know if he is elite in other team's defensive schemes. Philly didn't seem that upset to let him go. And do we call Irvin elite too if he gets 15 sacks as a rook?
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2177
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am


  • olyfan63 wrote:A healthy Rice for a full season with an in-sync QB targeting him could easily approach elite status.
    I was really torn about the Clemons pick. It's the "system" argument. But dammit, the dude has flat made plays against some very good O-Lines. Just ask Aaron Rogers...

    Can anyone with a strong opinion pro or con on Clemons as "elite" make the case for or against him with some good data points we should be considering?
    Data point #1 is the 'Hawks just gave him a new contract. So far Clemons is playing at or ABOVE his contract, IMO. (Another chorus of kudos to the front office on both signing him and having him play "worth it"). But what does "elite" mean? I think Clemons is elite for a LEO in Carroll's defensive system. But I don't know if he is elite in other team's defensive schemes. Philly didn't seem that upset to let him go. And do we call Irvin elite too if he gets 15 sacks as a rook?


    Stays healthy through great conditioning, has 10+ sacks two years in a row and well on his way to a third. Elite means amongst the best, and dude qualifies...
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3493
    Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:09 am
    Location: Omaha, NE


  • I love Lynch with all my heart, but he doesn't have the type of breakaway speed to be elite. I wouldn't trade him for another back, but if I'm being objective about elite status, that's my honest opinion.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 16946
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • I guess I'd want to know what you're definition of "Elite" is before answering.

    Elite to me means top 2-3 of their position. So using my definition I'd say Mebane, Lynch and Thomas are Elite, and the other's are knocking on the door to Elite, but not quite there yet.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14097
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Unger finished last season pretty close to Elite, but so far this year he's been inconsistent.
    MysterMatt
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7243
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:12 am


  • Browner , that Carolina game man. Beast
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1022
    Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 pm


  • I would say that being elite is playing at an all pro level, not just pro bowl level.

    Earl, Chancellor, Sherman, Browner, Mebane, Clem, Unger and Lynch all qualify.

    KJ, Wagner, Rice and Tate look like they could get there.

    MRob at full back? Sure, he's an elite full back.

    The scary thing to me is that when it's all said and done, Russell Wilson may be the very best of them all.
    Sac
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12868
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a White Girl


  • Sarlacc83 wrote:I love Lynch with all my heart, but he doesn't have the type of breakaway speed to be elite. I wouldn't trade him for another back, but if I'm being objective about elite status, that's my honest opinion.


    Neither does Arian Foster, but he's elite. Lynch is easily top 5 talent as his position. He runs harder than anyone, has vision and has wiggle. I think McCoy, Rice, Foster, and Peterson are the only RBs with more talent. Richardson has the potential.
    mjwhitay
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 241
    Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:22 am


  • mjwhitay wrote:Elite is a big word. I think we have 5.
    Marshawn Lynch
    Earl Thomas
    Richard Sherman
    Brandon Mebane
    Jon Ryan

    Unger, Red, and Clemons are close

    Browner, chancellor, Wagner, Robinson, and KJ Wright round out the potential pro bowlers

    This team definitely gets 6-8 on the pro bowl roster. The first four are locks to get voted in by the players. No question.


    mebane over clemons, no way.. he's good damn good, but clemons is a game changer constantly...
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4605
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


  • I'm a little surprised more people picked mebane than clemons. Not that mebane isn't a nightmare in the middle, but Clemons is the type of player that quarterbacks must account for before every snap, or at least he's nearing that realm.
    MissoulaHawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 319
    Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:21 am
    Location: Missoula, MT


  • I think the only elite guys are Thomas and Sherman.

    Then we have a lot of very good players..
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 11388
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


  • MissoulaHawk wrote:I'm a little surprised more people picked mebane than clemons. Not that mebane isn't a nightmare in the middle, but Clemons is the type of player that quarterbacks must account for before every snap, or at least he's nearing that realm.


    Clemons gets the publicity cause he gets sacks, but ask anyone that knows defense which defensive lineman the Hawks couldn't afford to lose, and it'd be Mebane. He is the #1 reason the Hawks are so tough against the run, he takes on two blockers freeing up others, pushes in the pocket and disrupts running lanes on just about every play.

    Defensive scheme is about making the other team one dimensional........and Mebane IS the reason we make other team's offenses one dimensional.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14097
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am




It is currently Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:21 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online