How many elite players are on the Seahawks?

Who is elite?

• Max Unger

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • Marshawn Lynch

Votes: 67 84.8%
  • Earl Thomas

Votes: 68 86.1%
  • Richard Sherman

Votes: 71 89.9%
  • Chris Clemons

Votes: 44 55.7%
  • Brandon Mebane

Votes: 58 73.4%

• Total voters

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Just curious to see what you guys think. ADVANCED POLL!!! :)

I gotta go with Chris Clemons, Max Unger, Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman. Not bad, but most on defense obviously. You guys? Any you thought I missed?

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
CANHawk":233qofsg said:
MRob is elite.
Sidney is knocking on the door of elite.
KJ will be elite this time next year.

I thought about putting Robinson on but only 6 options!!!!!!

Sidney Rice no, sorry. But he's kinda close.

And gotta agree on KJ, but not yet. I thought about putting him over Mebane though.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
Elite is a big word. I think we have 5.
Marshawn Lynch
Earl Thomas
Richard Sherman
Brandon Mebane
Jon Ryan

Unger, Red, and Clemons are close

Browner, chancellor, Wagner, Robinson, and KJ Wright round out the potential pro bowlers

This team definitely gets 6-8 on the pro bowl roster. The first four are locks to get voted in by the players. No question.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Unger's close, Clemons is somewhat of a system product (albeit an awesome one)...the other four, I think, would be anchors on any team.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3f75xs5d said:
Unger's close, Clemons is somewhat of a system product (albeit an awesome one)...the other four, I think, would be anchors on any team.

WTH you're supposed to be a skeptic, not insane optimist!!! :th2thumbs:

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
A lot of talk around here about how great some people think we are. There is still a LOT of work to be done. We haven't done anything yet.

olyfan63

Reaction score
A healthy Rice for a full season with an in-sync QB targeting him could easily approach elite status.
I was really torn about the Clemons pick. It's the "system" argument. But dammit, the dude has flat made plays against some very good O-Lines. Just ask Aaron Rogers...

Can anyone with a strong opinion pro or con on Clemons as "elite" make the case for or against him with some good data points we should be considering?
Data point #1 is the 'Hawks just gave him a new contract. So far Clemons is playing at or ABOVE his contract, IMO. (Another chorus of kudos to the front office on both signing him and having him play "worth it"). But what does "elite" mean? I think Clemons is elite for a LEO in Carroll's defensive system. But I don't know if he is elite in other team's defensive schemes. Philly didn't seem that upset to let him go. And do we call Irvin elite too if he gets 15 sacks as a rook?

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
olyfan63":2cr75ohs said:
A healthy Rice for a full season with an in-sync QB targeting him could easily approach elite status.
I was really torn about the Clemons pick. It's the "system" argument. But dammit, the dude has flat made plays against some very good O-Lines. Just ask Aaron Rogers...

Can anyone with a strong opinion pro or con on Clemons as "elite" make the case for or against him with some good data points we should be considering?
Data point #1 is the 'Hawks just gave him a new contract. So far Clemons is playing at or ABOVE his contract, IMO. (Another chorus of kudos to the front office on both signing him and having him play "worth it"). But what does "elite" mean? I think Clemons is elite for a LEO in Carroll's defensive system. But I don't know if he is elite in other team's defensive schemes. Philly didn't seem that upset to let him go. And do we call Irvin elite too if he gets 15 sacks as a rook?

Stays healthy through great conditioning, has 10+ sacks two years in a row and well on his way to a third. Elite means amongst the best, and dude qualifies...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I love Lynch with all my heart, but he doesn't have the type of breakaway speed to be elite. I wouldn't trade him for another back, but if I'm being objective about elite status, that's my honest opinion.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I guess I'd want to know what you're definition of "Elite" is before answering.

Elite to me means top 2-3 of their position. So using my definition I'd say Mebane, Lynch and Thomas are Elite, and the other's are knocking on the door to Elite, but not quite there yet.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Unger finished last season pretty close to Elite, but so far this year he's been inconsistent.

Sac

Reaction score
I would say that being elite is playing at an all pro level, not just pro bowl level.

Earl, Chancellor, Sherman, Browner, Mebane, Clem, Unger and Lynch all qualify.

KJ, Wagner, Rice and Tate look like they could get there.

MRob at full back? Sure, he's an elite full back.

The scary thing to me is that when it's all said and done, Russell Wilson may be the very best of them all.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":tuaftn2l said:
I love Lynch with all my heart, but he doesn't have the type of breakaway speed to be elite. I wouldn't trade him for another back, but if I'm being objective about elite status, that's my honest opinion.

Neither does Arian Foster, but he's elite. Lynch is easily top 5 talent as his position. He runs harder than anyone, has vision and has wiggle. I think McCoy, Rice, Foster, and Peterson are the only RBs with more talent. Richardson has the potential.

hawker84

Reaction score
mjwhitay":a8fat2sb said:
Elite is a big word. I think we have 5.
Marshawn Lynch
Earl Thomas
Richard Sherman
Brandon Mebane
Jon Ryan

Unger, Red, and Clemons are close

Browner, chancellor, Wagner, Robinson, and KJ Wright round out the potential pro bowlers

This team definitely gets 6-8 on the pro bowl roster. The first four are locks to get voted in by the players. No question.

mebane over clemons, no way.. he's good damn good, but clemons is a game changer constantly...

MissoulaHawk

Reaction score
I'm a little surprised more people picked mebane than clemons. Not that mebane isn't a nightmare in the middle, but Clemons is the type of player that quarterbacks must account for before every snap, or at least he's nearing that realm.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think the only elite guys are Thomas and Sherman.

Then we have a lot of very good players..

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MissoulaHawk":3893cnop said:
I'm a little surprised more people picked mebane than clemons. Not that mebane isn't a nightmare in the middle, but Clemons is the type of player that quarterbacks must account for before every snap, or at least he's nearing that realm.

Clemons gets the publicity cause he gets sacks, but ask anyone that knows defense which defensive lineman the Hawks couldn't afford to lose, and it'd be Mebane. He is the #1 reason the Hawks are so tough against the run, he takes on two blockers freeing up others, pushes in the pocket and disrupts running lanes on just about every play.

Defensive scheme is about making the other team one dimensional........and Mebane IS the reason we make other team's offenses one dimensional.

Latest posts