NFL Primetime Hates The Seahawks

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: NFL Primetime Hates The Seahawks
Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:53 pm
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Todd, I hate to be a butt, but this is kinda naive. ESPN isn't going to adjust its programming for Seattle fans any more than a fancy restaurant would adjust its cooking for homeless people. Not its primary source of revenue.

Can't we at least get a happy hour?

Sorta like how the "moderates" get squeezed out of the media coverage by the extremes of the left and right. Engage people's passionate emotions, get them drawn in; if you watch the show but hate the egotism of Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin, well at least you're passionate about something.

And like the ESPN non-coverage of anything involving the TOUCHDOWN where Seattle beat Green Bay that didn't support their *agenda*, which is to drive hits and eyeballs to their site, by choosing an angle to engage and inflame and get people passionate, based on their emotions, facts be damned.

Sigh... I suppose there are legit, moderate, high-information-content NFL-related programs out there somewhere. Nah, too boring. Never mind. Trash talk and putdowns and East Coast bias sells better to the masses.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:03 am
  • Watched Primetime yesterday. They made sure to suggest a push-off on Edwards on his TD without showing a replay.
    Superbowl.
    NJHawksFan
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:30 am
  • NJHawksFan wrote:Watched Primetime yesterday. They made sure to suggest a push-off on Edwards on his TD without showing a replay.

Trey Wingo was the guy that did that. What a d-bag.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.

Yes. I am not happy so much. I am too seriously! .. Kap is not a great leader period!! Hurt my heart and s**t my painfully. ..
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:23 am
  • Hasselbeck wrote:NBC bought the exclusive rights to have a "highlights" type show immediately after the action.. that's why ESPN's format is so different now.

Ok. But why is the rest of ESPN during the week the exact same? Over the past year or so , ESPN has ditched showing highlights of games in favor of talking heads yelling at eachother and debating mostly the one or two big stories of the day/week. It's beyond obnoxious. I used to think it was hard to find Hawks highlights on Sportscenter years ago. Now it's nearly impossible. Sportscenter, NFL Primetime, doesn't matter what show. They're all now 90% talking heads, 10% actual game highlights. And the few actual highlights they show tend to be the same one or two headline games a week. It's beyond garbage now. SCREW ESPN. Apparently they've been taken over by the producer of Fox News.
    Hawkadeus
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:26 am
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    NJHawksFan wrote:Watched Primetime yesterday. They made sure to suggest a push-off on Edwards on his TD without showing a replay.

Trey Wingo was the guy that did that. What a d-bag.

Wingo is a MASSIVE douche. I have always hated him. The pushoff remark (especially in light of him continuing to not let up on the Tate-GB play) made me want to break something. Condescending East coast prick.

PS - Wingo grew up in Greenwich, CT. Butt hurt Pats fan, you think?
    Hawkadeus
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:09 pm
  • ESPN used to be a rogue network, do things their own way, when they got bought out they stopped being original and became rubber stamp, kept Berman on mostly because of his name but stashed him in small roles for the network. Think about how many of their people left and went other places because of criticisms about how things changed.

When the big three could not beat them they went and bought them, once ESPN got NFL broadcast rights.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Previous

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:42 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information