Sherman should tone it down a little

MrCarey

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2no73s7d said:
I agree. I love the attitude but I hope he settles down just a bit. We could still go 4-12 and then he'd look really silly.

Not that I think we're gonna go 4-12, I'm just sayin.

Um, he wouldn't look silly. He trashed the guy that trashed him and Earl and the 12th Man. The other games don't come into play for this.

kidhawk

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... et-him-off

Sherman was on NFLAM this morning as well. Above is a link to the article and video of his appearance. Seems like most people are having some fun with it.

I love the part of the video where he gets to tell them about how they felt about their Pretenders/Contenders segment last week calling the Seahawks Pretenders

Starrman44

Reaction score
I don't care, all I know is if you are going to talk you gotta back it up. I like being the aggressor.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Starrman44":1m011lt0 said:
I don't care, all I know is if you are going to talk you gotta back it up. I like being the aggressor.

Yep, I know in those times in my "sporting life" where I've talked a lot of shit going into a contest, I've worked extra hard to make sure I don't look like a total asshat for saying what I said. If that's what Sherman needs to do to play at the peak of his potential, then I'm all for it.

seanoob

Reaction score
Didn't think this was such a big deal when I first read about it. A few days later, both brady and sherm have said the right things. Just keep on getting picks.

TaterHawk

Reaction score
The Hawks went on the radar Sunday. It’s sad to say but one of the primary reasons was Sherm talking smack. The media is starting to love them, part of that is SWAG. If they keep it up (and it appears they will) come Friday morning the world is going to know what we know.

welcome to primetime :snack:

sam1313

Reaction score
TaterHawk":7fwphbsx said:
The Hawks went on the radar Sunday. It’s sad to say but one of the primary reasons was Sherm talking smack. The media is starting to love them, part of that is SWAG. If they keep it up (and it appears they will) come Friday morning the world is going to know what we know.

Agreed. I did note that Sherm apparently took down the "U mad bro?" pic he tweeted Sunday night, and I am assuming that PC said that was a little too far. That is fine with me. It is also fine with me that Sherm is talking it up before, during and after our games - and most importantly backing that talk up. I freaking love this Defense, I love this team, IMHO it has NEVER BEEN BETTER TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN!!!! (Talk all you want about 2005, it wasn't nearly as fun for me because it wasn't the type of football I wanted to see us play.)

sam1313

Reaction score
TaterHawk":12mexmvs said:

Agreed. I did note that Sherm apparently took down the "U mad bro?" pic he tweeted Sunday night, and I am assuming that PC said that was a little too far. That is fine with me. It is also fine with me that Sherm is talking it up before, during and after our games - and most importantly backing that talk up. I freaking love this Defense, I love this team, IMHO it has NEVER BEEN BETTER TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN!!!! (Talk all you want about 2005, it wasn't nearly as fun for me because it wasn't the type of football I wanted to see us play.)

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Deion Branch was talking ish after the game and his team LOST. Why don't the Pats fans and national media tell him to tone it down? Branch hasn't done crap his whole career aside from one freaking game. Most overrated player in NFL history.

Escamillo

Reaction score
sam1313":35gn7wax said:
TaterHawk":35gn7wax said:

He said that the Seahawks media office ordered him to take down the tweet, so he was just following orders. :) But he was chuckling when he said that, so he wasn't mad about it or anything like that. :D

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Brady is a big boy. If he can dish it...he can take it. I wouldn't change Sherman for the world. :th2thumbs:

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I happen to take some offence to the comment brady made, as i am there every game screaming and i'm not going to stop.
I"M glad he is giving it back, I was in san fran this morning, and they loved it.. all the 9ers fans.... PS: they dont like the kapernick trickery

VinceDee":wvu8xnkq said:
kidhawk":wvu8xnkq said:
So it was ok for Brady to talk trash during the game, telling Sherman to come talk to him after the game, but when Sherman actually does, then it's bad form? Ok got it :roll:

I knew this was coming, so let me point out that it was Sherman who started the trash talking. Read the linked article. Sherman took offense to the relatively innocuous comments made by Brady earlier in the week (about quieting the crowd, etc), so he trash talked Brady during the game...several times...until Brady responded.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
This isn't the first time Dick has had his way with an asshole, and then told people about it. . .

hawksmode

Reaction score
kidhawk":3k3yla87 said:
VinceDee":3k3yla87 said:
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8508095/richard-sherman-gloats-seattle-seahawks-top-gimmick-new-england-patriots

I like the "swag" and attitude of our defense, and I like Sherman's attitude and aptitude in general, but this constant chattering and then trash talking Tom Brady after the game is a little low rent, IMO. For one thing, the Tom Brady led Patriots have accomplished WAY more than we have at this point in history, and certainly more than Richard Sherman has. Brady is worthy of a little more respect than Sherman gave him here. Another point is that it's not like our defense completely shut them down...we just minimized the damage somewhat. On top of that, this wasn't quite the same as most of our games, where the defense basically had to win it and hope that the offense could score "just enough". The offense had to bail the team out (which it did, fortunately). Brady and company, particularly in the first half, were almost scary good, and it was clear that whatever plan our defense had going into the game wasn't working and had to be modified. For crying out loud, we were down by two touchdowns with 8 minutes left. This could have easily been a loss. Would Richard Sherman have sought out Tom Brady after the game then? Not likely, for the same reason that all those yacky 49ers fans have mysteriously disappeared from all the various discussion boards today.

In my opinion, trash talk is weak sauce. I'm guess I'm okay with it if you're just trying to get into your opponents head during the game, but Sherman hounded Brady afterwards and even tweeted with the pictures after the game...that's unnecessary.

So it was ok for Brady to talk trash during the game, telling Sherman to come talk to him after the game, but when Sherman actually does, then it's bad form? Ok got it :roll:

Exactly...he told him to come see him after they won...I woudl have done the same thing... :th2thumbs:

Latest posts