Sherman should tone it down a little

Escamillo

Reaction score
I get the feeling that some Seahawks fans were more comfortable with the nice guys, soft guys, that did public service announcements for milk back in the Zorn/Largent days. :p

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Aros":1pmuu8u5 said:
-The Glove-":1pmuu8u5 said:
Damn Shark, not to be on your nuts, but you're on a roll today. First the post to the Pats fan and now this? Good stuff, man. And extra kudos for bringing up Gary. He was and still is one of the most popular athletes (not talking about in the media-with other athletes and entertainers, he's a popular man.)

I was going to say, Shark, you're killin' it "my brotha" (see what I did there)!

Bringing the A game to the board. Love it.

As for Sherm, I absolutely love it. I'm so beyond tired of being considered a soft, mediocre, afterthought, joke of a team in South Alaska. If poah wittle Tommy's feelings get hurt, TOO BAD. And that goes for every other team, player, coach in the NFL. Gary Payton is one of my all-time favorite sports figures and our defense seems to have that GP Mentality.

Don't apologize for it, KEEP IT UP!

Thanks fellas. I've been needing a pick me up. The past while has really sucked. I just wanted to thank you for your kind words. I kind of went off a little today, but it felt good to mix it up a bit. :) I really appreciate your kind words. You both made my day!

dunceface

Reaction score
I have missed this kind of trash talk on any Seattle team since the Glove! Love it
Maybe too much Ruskell nice guy stuffed down my face but these boys BACK IT UP! I think it plays a big role in how opponents play against us and seems to be effective
...And Jerramy Stevens doesn't count :roll:

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
I just have a few posts so far, (so take this with the "new guy" grain of salt)... I have a lot of respect for Brady and the Pats but I love what I am seeing from this Hawks team. The comparison to Gary P is pretty right on. Sherm is doing a great job and so he called brady out on his disrespect. Personally, I love seeing our team show some passion and care as much about other teams (and even network commentators) dissing our city as much as us fans do. Pretty funny hearing him call him the Brady Bunch, LOL. ...as long as we can back it up. At the end of the day, we win this one and on to the next one. I doubt any more quarterbacks will tell this defense to "come see him after they win" this year.

But why isn't anyone talking about the real person who should "tone it down" and come back to reality...? Is this a designer bathrobe Tom is wearing???

500x305-brady-press-20121014.jpg

TJH

Reaction score
Escamillo":32xn8pc2 said:
TJH":32xn8pc2 said:
PAT206":32xn8pc2 said:
was anything sherman said untrue? from what i heard he told it how it is. cant argue with that

He called the Pats a "gimick" offense. That's not true at all and sounds kind of dumb after he just dropped 400 yards on you.

That gimick offense went 1 for 6 in the redzone, maybe because the gimicks it uses are only effective against the Seahawks between the 20's.

What makes it a gimmick?

strohmin

Reaction score
No way I dont want him to tone it down. His trash talk always cracks me up.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Brady's response today:

"(Sherman's) a very good player, and I have a lot of respect for that defense and certainly that secondary," Brady told Jim Gray on Dial Global Sports, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. "They play very well together. My dad taught me at a young age to play with class and respect and give my opponents respect, and certainly I have a lot of respect for the Seahawks."

12thMode

Reaction score
NO. There is no need for him to tone anything down. He is being the voice of this team and the 12th Man, he is saying what we have all been saying/thinking all along! We all want to tell the networks how we are tired of their crap, but that's not going to happen. From here on out I say we call him Richard THE VOICE Sherman! Be yourself Sherm and thanks for having your team and the 12th Mans back!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
@ the OP. What if the trash talk is what baited Tom into challenging Sherman and led to that interception? Then is it a bad idea or weak sauce?

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Sherman is smart. He's not flappin' his gums just to make noise. Man knows EXACTLY what he is doing. Like one of the KJR guys said today, he's the "spokesman" for this secondary. While they all play heads-up, smash-mouth, chip-on-the-shoulder, TEAM football, Sherman is simply the extrovert of the group. He's just saying what they (and many of us) are thinking. Personally, I couldn't think of a better voice to fit the attitude and play of our defense.

morgulon1

Reaction score
GoldenTater81":44htzywj said:
I do not want him to tone it down.. I want teams to hate us.. I want to be an island here on the west coast that is talked about because teams hate to play us..

I am tired of the warm, cuddly Seahawks we have had the last 10 years.. I love a guy who is willing to talk and then back it up by shutting down his side of the field..

I am mostly tired of people finding out i am a seahawks fan and laughing because of the mediocrity we have been going through.. I want them to be pissed off and remember a time when a Seahawk punched them in the mouth and walk away irritated.

I'm with you and not the OP. We have a very tough defense that is feelin it, let the other team know it and there are people that think we need to tone it down a little bit. Let me guess, youre a Sounders fan.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Who remembers when George Karl let Gary go 1 on 1 w/ Jordan in the 96 finals? Gary shut Jordan down that game, got in his head, and it lead to a Sonics win. Richard Sherman just pulled a Gary Payton on the Jordan of the NFL. He's got every right to talk about it. Richard Sherman is the best player in the NFL that the majority of fans have never heard of. They're going to hear a lot more about him every week from here on out. Mission accomplished IMO.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
TJH":36ziuvfo said:
Escamillo":36ziuvfo said:
He called the Pats a "gimick" offense. That's not true at all and sounds kind of dumb after he just dropped 400 yards on you.

That gimick offense went 1 for 6 in the redzone, maybe because the gimicks it uses are only effective against the Seahawks between the 20's.

What makes it a gimmick?[/quote]

The gimmick is to exploit the short dink and dunk crap. It's totally a gimmick. Not saying it doesn't work, hell, that's what gimmicks are for. And if you trick the other team into cheating up to stop the gimmick, you get burned long like ET did. Sherman is 100% right on this one.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I disagree with the op. Tom talked trash and got it back. Nuff said.